Follow Ups - Post Followup - Current Messages - FAQ - Your Ad Here

Re: My Two Cents Worth..
October 29, 1999 at 23:09:00
In Reply to: My Two Cents Worth..
posted by Lacey on October 29, 1999 at 08:01:16

The laws and regulations that are now in effect are more than adequate to cover all aspects of hardrock and placer mining. There will always be some people that will disregard these laws and regulations. There are penalties for those that to not follow them. One of the problems that is occurring at this time is that many of the people that are in a position to enforce the regulations do not understand them. I am a outdoorsman and I am also a small scale miner. I have panning classes that involve people from the ages of 10 to 65. These classes incorporate how to pan and sluice and leave the area in a condition to recover naturally. I hope that your grandson and my grandson can someday in the future be able pan side by side, and enjoy the beauty of the outdoors. They will not be able to do that in Washington State. The new law states that if I am even only using a goldpan, I can collect the aggregate; but I must use water from a bucket or similar vessel and do my panning and wastewater discharge 200 feet from the ordinary high water line. Now that sounds like you and I and our grandsons are going to have a enjoyable weekend panning. AUMAN

upFollow Ups:

upPost a Followup

Comments:

up
Posted By: eugnb103-42.splitrock.net - 209.253.73.90 - October 29, 1999 at 23:09:00