Follow Ups - Post Followup - Current Messages - FAQ - Your Ad Here

Re: Question rgarding SD/coiltek coils...
November 04, 1999 at 22:27:24
In Reply to: Re: Question rgarding SD/coiltek coils...
posted by bobcat on November 04, 1999 at 20:36:36

Hi Les, I thank you for your response! Yes, I heartily agree that the 2000 isn't as sensitive as the 2100 and the 2200, so that's why my ears really came to a point to hear Chris say the 2000 with the 5x10 is superior to the 2200 with the ML 8".

That's what I was wondering, if these new coiltek coils had made any significant difference with the old machine.

One problem that has been touched on this forum in the past is the unstability of the 2100 in certain areas of this country. The amount of radio interference here is apparently many times greater than what you have. In many districts using the 18" mono on the 2100 is impossible as it acts just like a receiver. It also can get particularly bad if the coil is on any angle. In areas such as these the 18" mono on the 2100 could go right over an ounce nugget, say at 8" deep, without pegging it. Yet the quieter 2000 would nail it. Again, this is only in certain situations.

But if the coilteks are that good.......see what I'm thinking here? You'd have a quieter, yet still a pretty sensitive machine. Yes, it would be best to have the 2200 with the coilteks, but that's not an option for me right now. Please throw right back in if you think I've overlooked something here. Thanks again and regards! RC

upFollow Ups:

upPost a Followup

Comments:

up
Posted By: tsn-net37.rattles.com - 206.163.149.37 - November 04, 1999 at 22:27:24