Spider Rocks
February 11, 2003 at 12:49:52
In Reply to: Re: problems with the KGC. (NO RESEARCH)
posted by Lou Layton on February 09, 2003 at 17:57:23

Lou, all that you have listed is very interesting. I don't know of any of them except the Spider Rocks symbols. Spider Rocks is unmistakely Spanish.

If you recall, when Duane Hale printed his five part story in Treasure Magazine beginning December 1989, one of his photos was a KGC belt buckle someone said. I don't know what this had to do with the articles?

I know that Dr. Hale and so many other people have spent years trying to sift through the brilliant history of the local citizens and the haunting legends of the Spider Rocks.

Most of the citizens have hidden the symbols and information from the public so that they would find the alleged Treasure here rather then anyone else having crack at it. I understand this type of thinking. It makes perfect sense to me.

Yet, the importance of Mr. Hales articles that began in the Treasure Magazine December issue 1989. Is that a host of people that admired Mr. Hale, allowed their Spider Rocks artifacts to be viewed and photographed for Mr. Hale's articles.

This was impressive to me, because this meant that finally all of the people wanted the magic answer to what each of them yearned to learn about the enigmatic Spider Rocks.

I studied the articles at length. I was fascinated by them. Brilliant work by the Spanish, I muttered to myself. How clever the Spanish were. Weren't they rascles? Spider Rocks was the largest Spanish crown licensed mining Galera in the new world.

In fact, they even had installed area location signs encrypted so that only authorized people in the know would understand them.

Yes, several Spanish local mine caches were found over the years, but not the central vault where these piles of ore would have gone when the pile was large enough to be burro trained to the vault. This proceedure has been common in many of the Spanish Galeras systems, because the system of licensed operation was sililiar.

Noble metal ores would be dropped off to the smelter and a load of tailings would be taken from the smelter and stattered along the trail to hide evidence of the Smelter location. Clever.

In other words, all anyone had to do was find one Spider Rock stone or carving and he would know exactly where he had entered this Galera. He would know which direction he would have to go to any of the galera mines, chapels, missions, militia, store facilities or the central Galera vault itself.

This was by far the most organized of the Spanish Galera systems. The thing the amazed me the most was that the key to this information was right in the literature that Dr. Hale published. Those that dealt with it had never recognized what they had found.

I immediately wrote to Dr. Hale and I explained what I had found, and I told him that I would share this with him if they had an organized way to recover what the Spanish left in the central vault.

Well, I never heard from Dr. Hale nor any of his associates. Apparently, this wasn't what they were looking for? But just the same for me, it was a gas working with this enigma.

Historians usually don't like the word Treasure, as though Treasure doesn't exist or never existed. Treasure is a nasty word to use to professionals. Maybe I should have use the word artifacts? Are bullion bars artifacts? Who can say?

Back to reality: For any readers that are interested in the Spider Rock legend, I suggest that you read Dr. Hales five articles. Very interesting and informative material for a Treasure Magazine.

Lou, I wish had had information for you on the other items you mentioned? They sound interesting.
Richard

replies

Comments:
< name="body" COLS="60" ROWS="15" wrap="soft">