5 Spanish reales + 16 Large Coppers in 2004
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    us
    The Money Pit must be the Titanic of empty holes and empty wallets.

Apr 2004
    401 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

deleted

pics deleted by O7
    Last edited by Ocean7; Jan 30, 2015 at 11:38 AM.
    Everybody has an opinion - this is mine. Humor will be part of that opinion. I've found things - some can only dream about. Some was pure luck, some was pure knowledge and skill. After 40 years at MD'ing (off and on), I know a few things about finding treasure lost in the ground. As a retired software engineer, I now have unlimited time on my hands. Life really doesn't matter unless you are true to yourself and in your dealings with other people.

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    34050 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: 5 Spanish reales + 16 Large Coppers in 2004

I LOVE THAT SILVER. Great Job Ocean, hope you double that in 2005?

us
    Minelab Metal Militia

Aug 2004
    Smoky Mountains
    Minelab Whites
    27 times

Hey, whats up Ocean7. Was starting to wonder if you fell in a well somewhere MDing as we haven't see a post from ya in a while. ?

Excellent year, and excellent digs! 8) Looking forward to seeing your 05 goodies.

Sep 2004
    Indy
    16 times

Hey Ocean..What kind of Sand did you find the 2 Reale in...I mean pre or post Hurricane? in the water? dry sand..Just wondering cause that is too cool.....

Dave

Oct 2004
    1 times

WOW...! Thats all I can say. Living here in Illinois does'nt give
    me any chance of finds like that. THANKS for sharing.
    HH in 2005 BRINK

Professional Dirtfisher!

Nov 2004
    Ohio

Hey Ocean7, I got an Explorer II for Christmas and have been ranting and raving out it for 5 days now, I've only got to go out 3 times now 2 for about 10 mins and one for 30 mins or so, my house is a very crappy site that is the reason i found just about nuthin, the reason that my house is so crappy is because the yard was coverd with obout 10in of topsoil! and i think the topsoil came from a hillbillys yard cause everything i find are pulltabs and junk! I got a book with it (Mastering the Minelab XS) and read all of it, in one of the instances i went out the ground had about 3'in of frost in it and i bent my shovel trying to dig a target, i did find a zinc penny! I find that it is a very accurate machine, but i have nowhere to hunt,+ it is pretty cold outside, anyways, I was wondering if u could give me some tips and disrimination programs that u could give me, thanks, HH CS
    It is easier to ask FORGIVENESS than permission.

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    South Florida Cesspool
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    9875 times

Great finds Ocean7!Your in PA., no?These sites you hunt,are they mostly sites with homes still on them or do you just research old areas of town.I guess what i'm trying to establish here is,how do you find so many old coins?I've read some of your other posts and you are pretty good at finding productive hunting spots.I research and research and still haven't found anything to compare with your finds.My oldest coin to date is a 1919 wheatie!Whooppeee!Do you, do a lot of asking permission to hunt, from people you've never met?Are you hunting old settlements that no longer exist?Not trying to be nosey or anything,just trying to gain a little knowledge.Thanks in advance and H.H.!

us

Apr 2004
    401 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

thanks, all!

Dave - these are all 100% in-the-soil finds not beach finds. Most of my hunting takes place
    in soil not sand. You need colonial property to find such, and many just don't have that
    MD'ing luxury. 13 original colonies in US are high yield areas for colonial coins etc.

diggummup - read my post to True Metal about finding old sites and locating coins. i'm not going to repeat it here.

Coin_Saver - send me your e-mail and I'll fire off some tips from my extensive logs.
    Everybody has an opinion - this is mine. Humor will be part of that opinion. I've found things - some can only dream about. Some was pure luck, some was pure knowledge and skill. After 40 years at MD'ing (off and on), I know a few things about finding treasure lost in the ground. As a retired software engineer, I now have unlimited time on my hands. Life really doesn't matter unless you are true to yourself and in your dealings with other people.

us
    Jul 2004
    Indy
    Cz3d
    15 times

Great Finds!,
    My cousin has found a few large cents here in Indy, but they are very few and far between.
    He's been at it for a few years now...
    Good luck in 2005 & Happy Hunting~

us
    Minelab Metal Militia

Aug 2004
    Smoky Mountains
    Minelab Whites
    27 times

I bumped up the post O7 spoke of? Diggumup.

It's entitled " 1801 Draped Bust LC" by O7
    It's on the current page now.

Charles,Oak Island

I've just got to get back out on the beach next week. Nice finds.

Nov 2004
    Appleton, WI

I need to get to the beach.... PERIOD! I've never detected on a beach before...

Charles,Oak Island

I would go tomorrow, it's going to be near 70 degrees but I'm sure the terrorist I mean tourist will be out in number.

us

Apr 2004
    401 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Jim - bumped back to top , easier to find now...?

us
    Dec 2004
    east northport ny
    Whites Prizm 5 Garrett ace 350
    45 times

nice finds you've got to love silver

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links