Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reluctantly I think I may have to call it a year, weather is getting too cold and with Christmas coming I have to work more and play less. If I do get out again anything I find will be a bonus and would rather think along those lines and be happy with that than think I am gonna get out more and be bummed that I don't. If I can figure out a good way to lay all the coins out and get a good clear pic I will. Anyhow for the year....

3-old colonial coppers, 5- ? unknown lg. coppers, 1- half cent, 13- large cents, 5-Canadian lg. cents, 3-Flying eagles, 109- Indian Heads (found 2 more today and forgot about the ones I had soaking), a ton of wheaties, 3- 2cent pieces, 3- Liberty nickels, 16- Buffalo nickels, 9- silver war nickels, 1-seated half dime, 2-seated dimes, 10- Barber dimes, 68- Mercury dimes, 34- Roosevelt dimes, 2- seated quarters, 3- Barber quarters, 4- SLQ's, 19- Washington quarters, 1-Liberty Half, and 1- Franklin half.

I was tickled to find all I did and would not have found any if it wasn;t for the generosity and kindness of ALL the landowners that happily let me detect on their property and I want to thank them ALL. In my dream world I hope to top the above totals next year, realistically, I will be thrilled if I find half of what I did this year. I had a couple VERY productive honey holes that really produced and jumped my totals up. I will go over all the areas I hit this year and see what the frost pushed up, but don;t expect next years numbers to be close to this years, but what makes this hobby so addictive and great, they just may and you never know what you may find...:):):)

Attachments

• 2006 copper.JPG
    2006 copper.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 729
  • 2006 older silver.JPG
    2006 older silver.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 723
  • 2006dimes quarts.JPG
    2006dimes quarts.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 719

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 2006 coin totals

thats a huge collection of coins
we need some picts please

OP
OP
Mainedigger

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

zoyboy said:
What kind of places were you hunting?

I hunt mostly private yards and property. Will try to get a clear pic of all the coins, haven;t hard good luck with distance shots, so may be kinda fuzzy, but will see what I can do.

Blackjack77

Jun 16, 2006
Minnesota

Wow- Mainedigger,thats some impressive totals!!
Ya done good!!
Post some pics no matter what they look like!
Congrats

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Great looking Pile of treasure.

You had the type of yr I try to mantain every yr. 100 Indians 30 V nickles 200 wheats ect...

You get the point. It's tough but possible. I have a every other yr type of season. More like 50 indians 50 silvers ect...

The point I'm getting at is this. Your gonna hit atleast that half way mark next yr. Because all the spots you got this stuff from will still produce next yr.

Congrats on a nice season

HH Jer

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bootstrap vinn

Apr 25, 2006
Central Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1210x Fisher 1236x2 Fisher 1225x
Impressive totals, Mainedigger! Geez, we live in the same state and my totals aren't half that good. We gotta get together sometime. 8) Congrats,Bootstrap

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions