2006 misc jewelry.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 1,150

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Maine,

Some nice finds there! Congrats :)

Is that 4 emeralds I see in that pendant? sweet!
Love the girl scout pin!
Are those hats monopoly pieces?
And do I see rose gold in this?:::: nice!

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 1,054

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
You got some nice pieces this yr. All old stuff to. That's how my jewlery items are that I find to old.

HH Jer

OP
OP
Mainedigger

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ashleen said:
Maine,

Some nice finds there! Congrats :)

Is that 4 emeralds I see in that pendant? sweet!
Love the girl scout pin!
Are those hats monopoly pieces?
And do I see rose gold in this?:::: nice!

Ashleen....not sure if they are real emeralds or not, I suspect not, but will let a jeweler make that call. Yes they are Monopoly pieces. What is rose gold??

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Mainedigger said:
What is rose gold??
Maine,
I love rose gold...have several pieces....but after googling pics to show you.....I NEED MORE :)

Rose, Red and Pink Gold Alloys

It is very simple to produce a gold alloy with a reddish colouration. All that is needed is to increase the proportion of copper in the mixture. To maintain the correct proportion of gold in the alloy, this usually means decreasing the silver content. In the past, many goldsmiths have reduced the silver content and increased the copper content to save cost, as copper is less expensive than silver.
It is not often realised that there are only two metallic elements which are not silvery coloured. Gold is yellow, and copper is red. By adjusting the proportions of these metals, gold, silver and copper, it is possible to vary the colour from very pale yellow, usually called "green" gold, to a deep red, or to a deep gold.

Attachments

• Rose for Maine.jpg
    Rose for Maine.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 1,026

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Mainedigger

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ashleen said:
Mainedigger said:
What is rose gold??
Maine,
I love rose gold...have several pieces....but after googling pics to show you.....I NEED MORE :)

Rose, Red and Pink Gold Alloys

It is very simple to produce a gold alloy with a reddish colouration. All that is needed is to increase the proportion of copper in the mixture. To maintain the correct proportion of gold in the alloy, this usually means decreasing the silver content. In the past, many goldsmiths have reduced the silver content and increased the copper content to save cost, as copper is less expensive than silver.
It is not often realised that there are only two metallic elements which are not silvery coloured. Gold is yellow, and copper is red. By adjusting the proportions of these metals, gold, silver and copper, it is possible to vary the colour from very pale yellow, usually called "green" gold, to a deep red, or to a deep gold.

Ashleen...thanks for that..another thing I learned on here...:) Had never heard of rose gold before, that said, I am not sure if it rose gold or not, will ask the jeweler I take all my finds to for identifying.

OP
OP
Mainedigger

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gypsyheart said:
Very nice finds...but I am crying because its just like a man to add Thimbles to a jewelry collection! :D :D

Gypsy...my apologies....:) Didn;t know where else to classify them and with them being sterling silver, jewelry was my best guess, so I guess...guilty as charged...:):)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread