Best rings~~2006
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    us
    Jun 2006
    Texas
    Whites-DSL
    89 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Best rings~~2006

All of these were found at the local fresh water lake.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20040112_0005_1.JPG 
Views:	2100 
Size:	139.2 KB 
ID:	104823  
    Rings are works of art and I LOVE to collect them.
    (2013 61 rings (19 gold, 33 silver & 9 stainless).

2014 GOAL 100:
    gold rings-3
    silver rings-3
    titanium rings-0

us
    Sep 2006
    Washington and Oregon
    Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
    14 times

Re: Best rings~~2006

What is the big one front and center? Great digs man! Congrats.
    ~Nash~
    Whatever it is, it is valuable. If nothing else for the lesson learned or simply the experience of having been there.

Oct 2005
    Salem, Missouri
    16 times

Are they gold? What are the karats are they? Are they real stones?

Very nice!
    By 2064, experts say man will have established twelve colonies on the sun, ideal for family vacations.

May 2005
    Holden Beach,North Carolina
    2 times

Looking good .
    muddyknees
    Kill them all let god sort them out

us
    Jun 2006
    Texas
    Whites-DSL
    89 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

On the inside of the ring on the far left, it has a "STER" & it looks like to "P's back to back". I am not sure of the stones. I have been told probably garnets because it is not usual to put ruby in sterling. Does that sound right? I have taken to a couple of jewlers and they can't tell me for sure, and suggested a gemologist. A couple of our treasurenet buddies think probably garnet. In the sun it has kind of a purply-pinkish color. I still like to dream about this find. Think ruby! Think ruby! It is the ring I wear the most. The one in the middle almost gave me a cardiac arrest. I pulled it out of the lake in calf deep water. I didn't even have my coil in the water because I am not sure my classic id is water proof. I was just keeping is above the water for grins. And, boy did I grin! The numbers on the inside of the ring are: 925 & 188. Yep, got me a flawless CZ. For the couple of hours before I could get it home and cleaned up I was selling it in my mind and going to Hawaii! The little ring is 925 & I think the stone is garnet. It is very red!

2014 GOAL 100:
    gold rings-3
    silver rings-3
    titanium rings-0

Sep 2006
    Maine
    White's M6 & Prizm III
    31 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (4)

VERY nice finds, even if the gems aren;t real...
    So many promising sites to detect...so little time....

us
    Celtic Treasure Hunter

Apr 2005
    Southeastern Ireland
    21 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Nice rings! That's some good hunting.
    The only ones for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the sky.

us
    Aug 2006
    New York
    Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
    250 times

Very nice
    What a hobby

us
    Feb 2005
    West Michigan
    A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
    567 times
    Banner Finds (1)

nice``

Dec 2006
    Rockwall Texas
    Cz20, Cz6a, 1212X, Minelab, Muskateer Advantage Whites, XLT, Surf PI, Garrett TR
    1 times

Nice finds, I too hunt lakes almost exclusively, and have found over a pound of gold and almost 2 pounds of silver since Jan 1st of this year, I hunt with my cz 20 out to about chest deep. When I figure out how to get pics on here I will post some pics. I have found up to 6 gold rings in one morning, I work night shift and hunt just as the sun gets up for two or three hours before I go home and go to bed, I cross a lake on the way to and from work, its very convenient.
    Again, very nice finds, keep it up, that stuff is great for some back up cash, I have bought all of my detectors with my finds except my first one A Bounty hunter quick draw.
    Eddy

us
    Jun 2006
    Texas
    Whites-DSL
    89 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

ARRRGGGGG! As you can see from my pic of my ring finds this year, I am queen of the silver! Only 2 gold rings. Any words of wisdom for Gold vs. silver. When you hunt, you can tell where the water levels have been based on the beach water lines. How far into the lake do you hunt? Where people are laying out, shallow water or deep? How do you sell your jewelry? Thanks for the post.

2014 GOAL 100:
    gold rings-3
    silver rings-3
    titanium rings-0

Mar 2005
    Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
    51 times

very nice finds!
    GTI 2500/ACE 250

Dec 2006
    Rockwall Texas
    Cz20, Cz6a, 1212X, Minelab, Muskateer Advantage Whites, XLT, Surf PI, Garrett TR
    1 times

I like to hunt the lakes on calm days on monday or tuesday mornings, I work 7 pm to 7am so by the time i get off work and to the lake its about 730 am and I usually have the lake to my self, I walk the bank with my detector in hand but not actually in use, at first, I eyeball the shallow water near the bank when the lake is calm and the sun is just comming up the gold will reflect the light, I wear polerized sunglasses and it allows me to see through the water with ease, as for the silver I look for a silouet of somthing uniform such as a circle or a circle with a hump as most rings are, and here in dallas the silver is almost always jet balck when it comes out of the water, and the gold is orange on the side that was in the mud, after this I go back over the same spots with my detector to get the stuff out of sight and just under the silt, when I get a good signal I fan the silt away to keep from bending over for the hundreds of pull tabs that are mixed in with the good stuff. as far as how deep to hunt , the best results I have are when the water level is normal in the summer and people are swimming, the level where their hands begin to touch the water is where I find the most, I think suimmers in lakes usually stand in water just at their waist with their hands in and out of the water, that makes their fingers shrink just enough for their jewlery to slip off, and usually when they are swimming the water is stired up enough so they cant see the bottom, then the stuff is lost, in wait of a couple of guys like us,,, I found a small gold ear ring this morning it weighed one gram,, not much but better than the avon toe ring I found with it ,

Great hunting,, and good luck
    Eddy
    Eddy

us
    Oct 2005
    Summerville, South Carolina
    Tesoro "Eldorado", Whites "Beach Hunter ID",
    14 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Great Job, Thanks for the tips, HH Art...

Aug 2006
    MA
    MINELAB EXPLORER II & the sun ray probe
    21 times
    Banner Finds (1)

WTG HH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links