OP
OP
Iskuli

Iskuli

Jun 17, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites-DSL
On the inside of the ring on the far left, it has a "STER" & it looks like to "P's back to back". I am not sure of the stones. I have been told probably garnets because it is not usual to put ruby in sterling. Does that sound right? I have taken to a couple of jewlers and they can't tell me for sure, and suggested a gemologist. A couple of our treasurenet buddies think probably garnet. In the sun it has kind of a purply-pinkish color. I still like to dream about this find. Think ruby! Think ruby! It is the ring I wear the most. The one in the middle almost gave me a cardiac arrest. I pulled it out of the lake in calf deep water. I didn't even have my coil in the water because I am not sure my classic id is water proof. I was just keeping is above the water for grins. And, boy did I grin! The numbers on the inside of the ring are: 925 & 188. Yep, got me a flawless CZ. For the couple of hours before I could get it home and cleaned up I was selling it in my mind and going to Hawaii! The little ring is 925 & I think the stone is garnet. It is very red!

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERY nice finds, even if the gems aren;t real...:)

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Eddy1H

Dec 17, 2006
Rockwall Texas
Detector(s) used
Cz20, Cz6a, 1212X, Minelab, Muskateer Advantage Whites, XLT, Surf PI, Garrett TR
Nice finds, I too hunt lakes almost exclusively, and have found over a pound of gold and almost 2 pounds of silver since Jan 1st of this year, I hunt with my cz 20 out to about chest deep. When I figure out how to get pics on here I will post some pics. I have found up to 6 gold rings in one morning, I work night shift and hunt just as the sun gets up for two or three hours before I go home and go to bed, I cross a lake on the way to and from work, its very convenient.
Again, very nice finds, keep it up, that stuff is great for some back up cash, I have bought all of my detectors with my finds except my first one A Bounty hunter quick draw.

OP
OP
Iskuli

Iskuli

Jun 17, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites-DSL
ARRRGGGGG! As you can see from my pic of my ring finds this year, I am queen of the silver! Only 2 gold rings. Any words of wisdom for Gold vs. silver. When you hunt, you can tell where the water levels have been based on the beach water lines. How far into the lake do you hunt? Where people are laying out, shallow water or deep? How do you sell your jewelry? Thanks for the post.

Eddy1H

Dec 17, 2006
Rockwall Texas
Detector(s) used
Cz20, Cz6a, 1212X, Minelab, Muskateer Advantage Whites, XLT, Surf PI, Garrett TR
I like to hunt the lakes on calm days on monday or tuesday mornings, I work 7 pm to 7am so by the time i get off work and to the lake its about 730 am and I usually have the lake to my self, I walk the bank with my detector in hand but not actually in use, at first, I eyeball the shallow water near the bank when the lake is calm and the sun is just comming up the gold will reflect the light, I wear polerized sunglasses and it allows me to see through the water with ease, as for the silver I look for a silouet of somthing uniform such as a circle or a circle with a hump as most rings are, and here in dallas the silver is almost always jet balck when it comes out of the water, and the gold is orange on the side that was in the mud, after this I go back over the same spots with my detector to get the stuff out of sight and just under the silt, when I get a good signal I fan the silt away to keep from bending over for the hundreds of pull tabs that are mixed in with the good stuff. as far as how deep to hunt , the best results I have are when the water level is normal in the summer and people are swimming, the level where their hands begin to touch the water is where I find the most, I think suimmers in lakes usually stand in water just at their waist with their hands in and out of the water, that makes their fingers shrink just enough for their jewlery to slip off, and usually when they are swimming the water is stired up enough so they cant see the bottom, then the stuff is lost, in wait of a couple of guys like us,,, I found a small gold ear ring this morning it weighed one gram,, not much but better than the avon toe ring I found with it ,

Great hunting,, and good luck
Eddy

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice!

search_and_find

Dec 27, 2006
Springfield, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm V
Thanks for the boost of encouragement on your lake finds. I've been reading lots of sites with stories and it's mostly of ocean finds and since I live in NH, no where near the ocean I was getting a little depressed. Those are great finds.

Now I just have to get to the beach before the beach is frozen and covered with snow...I just recieved my detector for Christmas and am SOOOO itching to get out there!

I may just have to settle for my front yard this year and start fresh in the spring. Don't have to worry if the yard freezes, my husband owns an excavevator....lol....think that's going over board?? LOL

SO

OP
OP
Iskuli

Iskuli

Jun 17, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites-DSL
Congrats on your new detector! Treasurenet is an incredible information resource for new dectorists and old alike! I learned enough to be a dangerous from my dad this year because he has been detecting for decades. My fine-tuning skills comes from the ideas and suggestions from treasurenet buddies. It's like anything else I have done.....the harder I work, the luckier I get! There are several great threads on how t hunt parks and fresh water lakes. Welcome aboard! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread