Todays and all of 2006

Alchemy

Nov 30, 2006
Beautiful Burnett county, WI
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I’ve had my detector a little over a month now.
I’d guess I’ve been out about a dozen times.
Thought I’d show my finds for 2006

I’ve been just going over to our little park/beach area in our sub and been finding lots and lots of coins…in fact so much so that I can hardly walk 2 feet without hitting a coin. The first day is when I found the half-dollar. But, since then mostly modern pennies, they’re everywhere because it’s the play area for all the kids in the sub. But, there are dimes galore, lots of modern quarters, then yesterday I finally found the mercury dime.

I started reading about where I live (not from here so I had no idea) and I found out that the county I live in is the oldest county in MI, and that the township in the county I live in is the original one, it’s the oldest. Then, I read that where I live was a vacation spot or like a resort area for the “elite” and that they had cabins here (most the houses here are renovated old home/cabins) because it’s the only lake in my township.

Then I found out that at the clubhouse (which was probably built in the 20’s or 30’s)
they used to have bingo nights, poker nights, sales and all kinds of events.
Everyone parked in the grassy area or walked there (which is where I’ve been detecting)

I’m going to ask one of the old timers here more questions about this immediate area and that park (when I say park I am talking about a very small area, like probably no more than an acre.) It’s only an 88 home sub….but, goes back I guess to 1816.

After I found the half-dollar I thought sure I’d find many more old silver.
What I’m wondering is, could my garrett not be detecting deep enough?
I found the dollar about 6” to 8” down, same as the wheats and the dime, they were all pretty deep. The modern coins where all different depths, some laying right on top.

I’ve been cherry picking. That is, I’ve only been looking for coins, I have it set so I “know” when I have a coin. But, I get all kinds of crazy readings there. It’ll ring coin, then I wont get another signal passing over it again like 10 times. Would that indicate that maybe it’s too deep to get a clear reading?

Well, what you see in the pics, 3/4 of it came from the park. Except the large cent, 6 quarters and the brass casings, they were from my other spot where I “thought” I find more.

Naturally if it’s nice out tomorrow, you know where I’ll be

MD1.jpg

MD2.jpg

Oh yeah, I as going to ask if anyone can id this bulet?
And, that's the 1919S wheatie I found. I did have to clean it.
I love them, the way they come out of the ground though.
Unlike the modern ones now...blaahhh
MD3.jpg

I fear the dime got a little scratchy looking from being in my pocket, even though
I kept it away from the other coins, my pocket had dirt in it.
I'll remember to take along soemthing to put coins in the next time.
MD4.jpg

MD5.jpg

I just freaked when I found this!
MD6.jpg

Sorry this post was so long, but it's the last of the years.

Next year I promise to make it even longer! LOL

T

TreasureTales

Alchemy you've done extremely well for a one-month detectorist. Congratulations for the variety and quality of your finds. Sorry, I don't know anything about the Ace 250, but depth may not be a problem. Whenever I get an unusual signal from my Tesoro, I dig the thing up. You may want to dig some of those mysterious signals so that you get an idea of what lies below.

I salute you for doing the research. Those old cabins and poker nights sound promising!!! I realize it's winter in MI so not much gardening going on right now, but come springtime you might want to try this. When driving through town, if you notice someone tearing up their flowerbeds or re-sodding their lawns, stop and ask if you can detect their soil while it's in disarray. Many people will say "YES" because it's already torn apart. And gardening often puts people in a serene mood anyway. LOL

Happy hunting and Happy New Year to you, Alchemy.

coinman66

Nov 23, 2006
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle II SL 90
Nice haul Alchemy! Looks like you have a bright future in metal detecting. Keep on posting your stuff. Happy Hunting Coinman66

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds, congrats on the silver! You are doing well for just a month. You might back off on the discrimination, will help get a little more depth and you might be missing gold/silver rings. HH, Mike

Daisy

Apr 16, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Great Haul Alchemy! I'm sure you've heard it before but try digging everything at least for a little while. It's amazing some of the funky stuff that comes up. This is also my first year detecting with the ace 250. I prefer to use the all metal mode and listen to the different tones. Good luck in 2007!

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job, nice assortment of bullets for a sub :D

HH
-GC

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds/total~

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread