My Best of 2006

Trescher

Jul 29, 2006
San Antonio Texas
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500, ACE 250
I only started in July, but I have enjoyed every minute of it. I know that this will be a hobby for life.

I split my finds into four categories, the fun stuff, the money stuff, the good stuff and the obligatory stuff. You decide which is which.

Thanks everyone for making my first year my best so far!

(I get my new MXT this weekend, so my 5 year old gets my ACE 250 and together we start a new year.)

Attachments

• funstuff.jpg
    funstuff.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 862
  • moneystuff.jpg
    moneystuff.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 869
  • goodstuff.jpg
    goodstuff.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 881
  • obligatorystuff.jpg
    obligatorystuff.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 858

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
Awesome collection of finds! Is that a 1982 bent rim centenial pulltab i see? he he WTG!

OP
OP
Trescher

Trescher

Jul 29, 2006
San Antonio Texas
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500, ACE 250
Mystro7 said:
Awesome collection of finds! Is that a 1982 bent rim centenial pulltab i see? he he WTG!

Actually we donate all the pulltabs to the local Ronald McDonald house, which they then recycle. So we do save all of them.

And I think the pulltab that you refer to is a double die 'S', in mint condition; I'll have to check the catalog. ::)

search_and_find

Dec 27, 2006
Springfield, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm V
I don't know what is more fun....looking at the pics and reading the stories behind them or reading the comments from the peanut gallery! LOL Doesn't take much to amuse me late at night when everyone is asleep in the house but me. ;) ::)

Nice finds by the way.

OP
OP
Trescher

Trescher

Jul 29, 2006
San Antonio Texas
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500, ACE 250
ZoSo71 said:
I love the pull-tab collection..
Looks like some rare one's too..

Nice haul this year!

ZoSo71

We may laugh, but one day on ebay there will be pulltabs, and they will be categorized by year and availability. Some guy will be selling a 1976 Diet Pepsi Limited Edition Bicentennial pulltab made in the Houston plant, and it will sell for $45.95. Though, this will be when we drink colas via bio-disposable nano containers in the year 2025.

They used to think that glass bottles would last forever, now we sell those on ebay...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread