OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ringfinder said:
Hello All,
Well as winter has set in here in Ohio, I finally washed and cleaned up all my coins from this past year 2006.
Wow, am I glad that's done. I washed coins for 3 days in a double tumbler. Sorting all those coins into the right piles takes time and a sore back. I should have kept the coins separated through out the year, buy you know how that is, your hunting and just don't have time.

For those who have never cleaned your coins, I'll give you a little hint. Don't and I say Don't wash pennies with any other coins. They turn any coin that is not copper into a copper colored coin. Not Good! Even if you think you have sorted all the dimes and pennies, guess what, one of those pesky new pennies gets into the dime tumbler and all the dimes look like pennies. BAD!

If you don't clean your coins, but just take them the super market or gas station, shame on you! It isn't that hard to clean your coins and take them to the bank. Also by cleaning your coins, you never know, you might find one of those double stamped coins. I found one years ago, and I'm still looking at all my coins, clad or silver. You just never know.

Well for my finds this year, I found nearly 4000 clad coins.

As for good finds I found:
5 Walking Halves
23 Silver Washington Quarters
4 Barber Quarters 1897, 1903, 1909, & ?
1 Seated Quarter 1876
39 Roosevelt Dimes
43 Mercury Dimes
2 Barber dimes
2 Seated dimes 1875 & 1887
1 Canadian Dime 1912
14 V-Nickels
14 War Nickels
18 Buffalo Nickels
2 5 cent shielded Nickels
3 2 cent pieces

80 Indian Head Pennies

440 Wheat Penny's

And like I said over 4000 clad coins. In my book thats a lot of digging. Of course tons of trash.

I also found in the water 20 rings and on land 4 rings including a Yogi bear ring.

I also found a bunch of neat tokens, and a 6 Pound Cannonball, and 3 axes, and some neat arrowheads.

That's all Folks. Thanks for viewing my post and hope your year was just as good and this year, hope we all
have many good finds.

HH<Ringfinder

I forgot to mention in my first post some finds. They are as follows, 2 Flying Eagle Penny's can't remember the dates, 1 3 cent silver piece 1852, 3 Large Cents 1851, 1853 & 1854, 2 Presidential Watch Fobs, Seymour/Blair 1868 and Roosevelt/Fairbanks 1904 and one of my better finds a Silver Plated 1812 Reg. T Officers Button.

To ML, I'm located near Lima Ohio.

To Dan, why the heck would you want to get another detector when you already have a great one. By the way you could do like I did, I bought another ACE 250 at a really good price for a back up. Just wish I could find a SunRay Probe cheap for a back up haha.

To Bob, (Mirage), I don't really know how many IH's I have. I am sure it is a lot. I know I have a big Coffee can full of them!

To the Baron, not really shooting for a promo from Garrett. This just happens to be the detector I am using. I really like the ACE 250! I really have found some awesome finds with it last year and this year is starting off really great also.

Well Happy Hunting All, Ringfinder

P

PHANTOM35

:o :o :o thats way to cool , i like the blue stone in the back. wtg you gotta love this hubby wtg. ;D

bogeymcq

Dec 3, 2006
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Presently mental, not metal
:o Incredible picture with some excellently awesome finds!!! :o

Oustanding & major Kudos to you!! ;D

I am soooooo in love with your "token" picture! Those charms . . . :o WOWIE ZOWIE :o

Can't wait to see what 2007 brings you! ;D

Bogart :D

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well my friend you should be sending that puppy in to them ;)

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diamondjim said:
Love those cases, I got 3 like it myself and I could use 3 more right now...someday going to turn my garage into my private museum filled with those cases.

We ought to do some combined Ohio hunts, there's a bunch of Tnet people around here, I been thinking about a massive hunt in Goodyear Park in Akron...maybe if all get out there and hit it en masse someone will come up with something good.

Sounds like a plan Diamondjim and I like it!. Let Gary and I know when you want to have this hunt and we will try to be there. In the spring would be good. The wetter the better. As for the display cases, yep I'm about out of them myself.

Another partner and I give talks about detecting and we have a lot of these cases filled with our finds from the past years of hunting.
In fact we just gave a talk about detecting to a group in our town last night, ( The Sons of The American Rev. ).

Thanks to everyone for your replies and Baron, I might have to send the pic to Garrett yet.

HH, Ringfinder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions