Total 2006 finds including Happy Trials Site finds

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,
Well as winter has set in here in Ohio, I finally washed and cleaned up all my coins from this past year 2006.
Wow, am I glad that's done. I washed coins for 3 days in a double tumbler. Sorting all those coins into the right piles takes time and a sore back. I should have kept the coins separated through out the year, buy you know how that is, your hunting and just don't have time.

For those who have never cleaned your coins, I'll give you a little hint. Don't and I say Don't wash pennies with any other coins. They turn any coin that is not copper into a copper colored coin. Not Good! Even if you think you have sorted all the dimes and pennies, guess what, one of those pesky new pennies gets into the dime tumbler and all the dimes look like pennies. BAD!

If you don't clean your coins, but just take them the super market or gas station, shame on you! It isn't that hard to clean your coins and take them to the bank. Also by cleaning your coins, you never know, you might find one of those double stamped coins. I found one years ago, and I'm still looking at all my coins, clad or silver. You just never know.

Well for my finds this year, I found nearly 4000 clad coins.

As for good finds I found:
5 Walking Halves
23 Silver Washington Quarters
4 Barber Quarters 1897, 1903, 1909, & ?
1 Seated Quarter 1876
39 Roosevelt Dimes
43 Mercury Dimes
2 Barber dimes
2 Seated dimes 1875 & 1887
1 Canadian Dime 1912
14 V-Nickels
14 War Nickels
18 Buffalo Nickels
2 5 cent shielded Nickels
3 2 cent pieces

80 Indian Head Pennies

440 Wheat Penny's

And like I said over 4000 clad coins. In my book thats a lot of digging. Of course tons of trash.

I also found in the water 20 rings and on land 4 rings including a Yogi bear ring.

I also found a bunch of neat tokens, and a 6 Pound Cannonball, and 3 axes, and some neat arrowheads.

That's all Folks. Thanks for viewing my post and hope your year was just as good and this year, hope we all
have many good finds.

HH<Ringfinder

Attachments

• Best View of coins and ACE 250.jpg
    Best View of coins and ACE 250.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,192
  • Tokens found in 2006.jpg
    Tokens found in 2006.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 1,181

tpmrcp

Dec 31, 2006
East Stroudsburg, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful, just beautiful. Is that an Ace 250 I see??? Thats what I use.

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
WOW!!!! :o :o :o Quite a collection ya got there!! Very nicely displayed and a great photo. You should send that to Garrett's website! They'll probably publish it. Very Nice and thanks for sharing your loot with us.

HH,
Moon

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tpmrcp said:
Beautiful, just beautiful. Is that an Ace 250 I see??? Thats what I use.

Yes that is a ACE 250 that is in the picture. Most of my finds this year were with the ACE 250 and I also
use a SunRay Probe with it. I use a Tesoro Tiger Shark Water detector, for my water finds.

Hope you had a great year with your ACE also.

HH, Ringfinder

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like someone is shooting for a garret promotion ;D

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep telling everyone the ACE is an Ace but several won't listen! That's a great year. I had a lousy year compared to my "rookie" year, but I didn't have near as many good sites to hit here locally as I did before. True, you can't hunt 'em out, but the pickins get slim if you really hit 'em hard. Great year and congrats. Monty

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Hey Denny. Awesome year. You dug almost as much and in some categories more than Nate and I combined. 80 Indian Heads is a super take for the year. Probably a lot from those one room schoolhouses you hunt. How many Indian heads have you accumulated over the years?

I got about 1/3 of the way through tumbling my clad when my belt broke. Separating it at the end of the year is not that hard. Just takes some time.

Good luck in 2007. We will have to get together sometime this year.

Bob

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!!!! Fantastic display of finds!!!
I also made the mistake of cleaning some non-like metals together. I had 3 SAC dollars in with some old keys in a vinegar & salt solution for a short time. For some reason 2 of the SACS stayed their natural color, but the other one changed to a copper color and was extremely hard to tell it was even a SAC dollar.
You learn something new everyday here.
Thanks for the great pictures!
-ModernMiner-

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
Congrat Ringfinder!...looks like a great haul for the year and a good job displaying the nicer finds.

I agree w/Bob...we should get together this year and hit some old spots.

And, I am considering whether I really need to upgrade my machine. I did so well with my ACE too that maybe that EXSE can wait. Problem is, I already promised my ACE to my son for next season!

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kudos!! That is one heck of a display. I agree....that is alot of digging. Again...congrats.

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is an awesome collection of goodies...congratz on an excellent year RF!

HH!
TBGO

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You were busy last year! Nice collection. Tsgman

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet Year Ringfinder !!!!!! Excellent pic also,Nice setup but my eye's keep wandering down to the left of you at those "CHILLIE'S".......Big Congrat's to Ya!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread