37 Dry Land Gold Finds This Year, Pics, Links, Edited: to refect 37, not 36.

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
Re: My 32 Dry Land Gold Finds This Year, Photos and Links Added.

SO MANY TREASURES ~ SO MANY PICTURES ~ I'm all jacked up now! WOOHOO!!!! NICE!!!

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

Wonderful display with great photos of all the fantastic WOOOWHOOO goldies!!!
Congrats on a fantastic hunting season Ant!! Very inspiring my friend, thanks!!
Best of luck getting to 35 buddy, you can doo it!!
Love the religious items especially. Got group photo of those all together?
Cool deal!!! Happy holidays to you and yours!

Golden smiles!
BDoo

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey Ant,
Did you discover Alladins hidden treasures?
JK
Very Very nice finds.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on the awesome gold finds, I don't think I got one piece this year but it isn't over yet, LOL! 18K is 750 by the way. HH, Mike

OP
OP
Ant

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE

I'd like to thank everybody very much. Thanks.

Quote From KirkPA:
I can't dispute. Now you need to post your wilvers, Ant. Since gold is more difficult to find, you must have a lot more wilvers to show.

BDD...Kirk
I’ll post my Silver finds Next Year. By the way the Silver that I find is incidental to looking for Gold. So I don’t find lots of silver. My machine hits hard on Gold, as it does on Silver, as long as the Silver isn’t too deep.

I’m not looking for Silver. I’m not saying I don’t like finding Silver coins.

Look at it like this;
On can concentrate on finding Gold, and run across Silver fairly often. But if one concentrates solely on Silver, one will rarely find Gold, if ever. That’s how it works my friend.

One day maybe we can talk about the conductively and density of metals, in relationship to metal detecting.

Quote Form LI Tom:
Oh man,how many pulltabs did you find to pull all that gold out of the dirt!!!!!
Hi LI Tom.
My keeper to trash ratio is about 50:50 when hunting for Gold at the demolition sites you see in some of the links. Any coin or relic is a keeper in my book, when looking for Gold that is. But sometimes my trash to keeper ratio goes up when I find a Gold target, that’s because I start digging iffy signals.

I can actually pass up pull tabs because they give a distant sound. But sometimes in order to hear this sound the coil has to be swept over the target both ways. And that seems to take more time than just digging.

Quote From comisoas
Nice finds! Man, what kind of camera do you use that takes such nice closeups??
Hi comisoas. Nothing special, just good lighting, M424 Photo Smart by HP from Walmart.

Quote From Bobbydoo:
Wonderful display with great photos of all the fantastic WOOOWHOOO goldies!!!
Congrats on a fantastic hunting season Ant!! Very inspiring my friend, thanks!!
Best of luck getting to 35 buddy, you can doo it!!
Love the religious items especially. Got group photo of those all together?
Cool deal!!! Happy holidays to you and yours!

Golden smiles!
BDoo
Hi and Thanks Bobbydoo. A few of those gold finds went into having this Ring Made. But I’ll post a group photo after the New Year and add whatever I fine between now and then. And may you and yours have a Mary Christmas and a Happy New Year too.
Here are the photo and link to the thread about the Ring I had made:

index.php

index.php

index.php

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,103546.msg757528.html#msg757528

Quotes From Bavaria Mike:
Congrats on the awesome gold finds, I don't think I got one piece this year but it isn't over yet, LOL! 18K is 750 by the way. HH, Mike
Hi Bavaria Mike. The ring is 925 Silver and the rose Gold BB’s are 18K Gold that happen to be slightly larger than a .177” BB.

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Re: 33 Dry Land Gold Finds This Year, Pics, Links, Edited: Missed a Tiny 1, Now 33

If you hunted the parks of SoCal, you would probably excavate a lot of wilver.

Bone Dry Detecting...KylePA :D

OP
OP
Ant

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE

zoyboy said:
How much gold, in pounds, have you excavated this year? Do you hunt the SoCal parks a lot?

Bone Dry Detecting...KylePA

Hi KylePA
After a little more than 3 1/2 years, I have over 1/2 pound of gold. Most of it is
14k which is the same as 58% pure.

HH and may the AU2 Gods shine upon you too.

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
Re: 33 Dry Land Gold Finds This Year, Pics, Links, Edited: Missed a Tiny 1, Now 33

Ant, the detector gods have smiled upon you this year. You should be posting this in "Best Of". Your my hero buddy. Seeing these finds gets me itching to get my detector out of the closet.

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

Ant, do you live close to Captn_SE and his buddies? If so, you guys should do a little bit of relic hunting together. ;)

Bone Dry Detecting...KylePa

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

Ant said:
zoyboy said:
How much gold, in pounds, have you excavated this year? Do you hunt the SoCal parks a lot?

Hi KylePA
After a little more than 3 1/2 years, I have over 1/2 pound of gold. Most of it is
14k which is the same as 58% pure.

HH and may the AU2 Gods shine upon you too.

AU2? Bud, what does that mean, bud? :D

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland

Do you mind if I ask what detector you are using and what settings?
Great finds, as you know. ;D

OP
OP
Ant

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE

Quote From DJ Quinn
Ant, the detector gods have smiled upon you this year. You should be posting this in "Best Of". Your my hero buddy. Seeing these finds gets me itching to get my detector out of the closet.
Well shucks DJ Quinn, you got me felling all warm and fuzzy.
Thanks.

Quote From KylePA:
Ant, do you live close to Captn_SE and his buddies? If so, you guys should do a little bit of relic hunting together.

Bone Dry Detecting...KylePa
Hi KylePA.
I don't live far from him. As a matter of fact I'm always in the City he lives in. But he concentrates on Silver, and I concentrate on Gold, two different beasts.

Quote From KylePA:
AU2? Bud, what does that mean, bud?
Au is the atomic symbol for Gold, and the 2 stands for Gold being 2 times denser that lead. The atomic number for Gold is 79 and all of this information in available on the periodic table of elements.

The atomic number for Silver is designated as Ag, and it has an atomic number of 47, sorry for confusing you.

Quote From tymcmurray:
Do you mind if I ask what detector you are using and what settings?
Great finds, as you know.
Hi tymcmurray, I don't mind.

I hunt with the Gold Bug 2 by fisher, a dedicated Gold machine, but doubles as a coin and relic machine too. The GB2 has no display so hunting with it is done by sound. Almost all of my hunting is done in the normal mode.

I concentrate on the solid threshold responses that ramps up and down smoothly as well as the length of the response. When I get a good signal, I check it using the Iron Identification mode. If the GB2 tells me that it’s not Iron, I’ll dig the target.

Judging by how long it took me to learn the GB2 I’d say it has a long learning curve. It took me about 6 to 7 month to get a good grasp on what the machine was telling me, and I'm still learning. The GB2 is the only metal detector I have ever owned and I've been at it a little over 3 ½ years.

I hope this helps.

HH

OP
OP
Ant

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE

KirkPA said:
Ant,

You have to admit, wilver is hard to find, unless you have some serious skills. :)

BDD...Kirk

I can’t see how that can be due to the fact that silver is one of the highest conductors of electric, other than copper and supper conductors. I have never said that Silver was easy to find. I said something like we have machines that can identify silver in the ground fairly good, which we don’t have for Gold. That because we don’t have vary many high conductors out there. If Silver was all that scarce, it would be worth much more the 15.00 a troy ounce, simple.

I’ll put it this way. Gold is considered a low conductor, and we have gobs of low conductors out there to mix up our machines.

HH and Gold Luck and hopefully the Ag Gods shine upon you, instead of the Au2 Gods.

Remember, location and a good metal detector is all that is needed to find Silver. The same thing for Gold, but it takes 10x the amount of labor.

OP
OP
Ant

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE

KirkPA said:
Ant,

I don't think you give enough credit to the other So. Cal boys who yank loads of wilver out of the parks. For example, my good bud, Captn_SE, has found hundreds of wilvers this year (622 to be metal detecting exact). If he wanted, he could probably find hundreds of gold coins (622 to be metal detecting exact), but he doesn't want to get bored of the hobby. :D

Either way, you leave the wilver for Dan and he will leave the gold for you, unless he digs the low conductors and you dig the high conductors. :D ;D

BDD...Kirk

I’m asking you to Please not hijacking my thread and steer it in the direction you have already. Thank You.

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250

KirkPA said:
Ant,
I don't think you give enough credit to the other So. Cal boys who yank loads of wilver out of the parks.
BDD...Kirk

I don't mean to continue the hijack subject, but if anyone deserves credit on this forum for digging anything, it is the author of this post. There is a huge difference between finding gold in the beach, and pulling out what Ant has from LAND. Silver as Ant said is much easier to find and will never require the amount of time or labor that finding gold requires. Without the "Skills" he posseses, you might as well turn the parks upside down in fustration and pull-tabs looking for gold. If someone came and showed me 30 something pieces of gold found at a beach, I would tell them they did a great job and had a good year. Anyone who came forth and showed me 30 something pieces of gold dug out from land, well, in my opinion they are a master at the craft.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX

Ant said:
I think I missed a find. Does this Gold earring post count as a Gold find? I counted it as one in the original thread but I missed it on my total count.
index.php

index.php

Posted in this thread:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,96719.msg700497.html#msg700497

Ok I just checked the book of Metal Detecting rules and regulations....according to page 1004, chapter C, subsection (2) 1-a-1a...your find counts! Please no one ask me where to find the book! ;D :D ;) :) What a year! 8)

OP
OP
Ant

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE

Dang, Ricardo_NY1 and DFX-Gregg, thanks for the warm and fuzzy :). I really appreciate it the back up.

HH and Good Luck to you guys.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread