Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all,

I think my last hunt was today..the weather's moving in tonight and it's cold. I was out this morning to get some more coins (I wanted to hit the 9K mark!) The ground was cold but not frozen (yet) and I stayed toasty since I dressed for the weather (25 degrees this morning!) At about 1:00 p.m. CDT I was able to see the sky darkening with some winter weather, and now a few hours later it's beginning to snow here in Missouri.

I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who's encouraged me this year, you all know who you are. I was new to TNet in January so it's almost been a year for me here.

I've been trying to find older areas around here to search, and was fortunate to come across some silver and lots of wheats..I hope I'll be able to find even older areas to search in '08.

Anyway, here's what I ended up with this year..I don't know if I'll match it any time soon.

Don't think I enjoy digging up pennies (the majority of them were easily retrievable, one reason for the high penny count)!

METAL DETECTING TOTALS

UPDATE: These totals were modified to show coin/ring amounts found the entire year (we had nice weather after the original post was made and I ended up adding to coin and ring finds made after December 6th).

5,163 Lincoln Memorial cents
229 Wheat cents
12 Canadian cents
1 Canadian dime
794 Jefferson nickels
2 silver Jefferson war nickels
1 Buffalo nickel
1,572 clad Roosevelt dimes
3 Winged Liberty Head (Mercury) dimes
16 silver Roosevelt dimes
1686 clad Washington quarters
5 silver Washington quarters
2 Franklin half dollars
6 clad Kennedy half dollars
1 1964 silver Kennedy half dollar
5 Sacagawea dollars
1 Susan B. Anthony dollar
15 foreign coins
----------------------------
Total: 9,514 coins
Face value of American coins: $682.12

Here are some of the highlights of my year, excluding most yard finds (toy cars, buttons, pins, keys, watches, bullets and tokens).

FINDS9-1.jpg

FINDS2-11.jpg

FINDS3-7.jpg

FINDS7-2.jpg

FINDS5-3.jpg

FINDS6-3.jpg

FINDS1-12.jpg

I found 75 rings (including 2 toe rings). Almost 1/3 of the ones I found were .925 silver. 8 were gold or contained some kind of gold content.

FINDS12.jpg

FINDS10.jpg

FINDS11.jpg

It was such a fun year..hope you all stay safe on your outings.

Happy Holidays to all,
Nat

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering when you were going to show us a compilation of your 2007 rings. Thats a great picture. Congrats on a great year Nat.

Rob

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hey Nat, those are some pretty sweet pics you have there. Lots of bling too. ::) You had a stellar year this year. I enjoyed all your posts throughout the year. I know you love the hobby very much, and are just as addicted to it as I am.

Congrats to you.
Seasons Greetings,
CAPTN SE
Dan

poppa19

Jul 22, 2007
western new york
Detector(s) used
whites dfx
that was a really great post, you did awesome this year, keep up the good work 08 is looking promising,great pictures

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Excellent display of ring's Nat...gotta be proud of that feat,and the clad.....whole differernt story!!!Maybe you can eek out one more ring before it officially end's.Awesome Year!! Happy Holiday's and HH!!

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Excellent work! Lots and lots of rings there Nat! Congrats on a productive 2007!

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Wow Nat!!! You done good!! ;D Quite an impressive bunch of goodies. Some of the rings are great! Very nice clad count as well! (I spend most of mine being that I'm livin La Veda Broka!! ::)) Bundle up and hunker down. Don't be a stranger either. Looking forward to 2008!

Happy HiberNATing!
Moon

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o Spectacular year, Nat! :o WoW! :o

Those pictures of finds are my motivation throughout the year! :) Thanks for sharing!

Congratulations on such an awesome year of finds! Nana :)

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
Natman,
I am blown away!!!! This year looks like you cleaned house..... Where do you do most of your hunting?? Parks, beaches, sporting areas? obviously I am no match for you but your input might give me some ideas of where to hunt around here. Thanks, and have a great Christmas.....However, it might be hard to beat what you have done already this year. :D
Ralph

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nat,
Not only have you done fantastic for your 1st year, you've done fantastic for ANY year. Those finds are incredible!!!
Over $650 in coins is awesome. I like the way you have them labeled on the holders too. Thanks for posting up all your rings. I'm drooling. :P
Congrats to you. You deserve it.
-MM-
Doug

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the 9K mark and all the nice rings. You did well on the silver coins too. Hope you do get to hunt more before the ground freezes up solid. Have a good one Nat

DANGLANGLEY

B

BIG61AL

WOW. What a year you've had. I wish I could find silver coins like that. I have only found a single silver Roosevelt dime this year. Nice set of rings too!

Johnny Ringo Silver

Dec 6, 2007
KANSAS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE and Sunray probe
Natman, Big ATA-BOY on the effort and determination it took for you to get those kind of numbers!!
With that kind of work, I bet you can top it next year!! 8) 8)

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent totals Nat. You are the "ring machine". You had a great year of wonderful finds and I hope it continues for you next year too.

clad_badger

May 7, 2007
Lithia Fl
Detector(s) used
Whites M6 Prizm IV Mine Lab 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Nat. That is a really nice amount and quality of finds. Very motivational. Thanks for the post and all the posts that you have done all year. Too bad about the weather :-\,its not a problem here in central Fla.
Hang in there until spring.

C.B.

rebelLT

Feb 26, 2007
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE PRO, XLT, Teknetics Omega
you are the ring god, by default I bet you dig a LOT of tabs my friend. They should give you a reward for cleaning the parks, etc.

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
WOW WOW WOW ~ you did great man! That's a whole mess of awesome treasures to be proud of! Now, just think what else is out there waiting for you to find in 2008! WOOHOO!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread