2007 Recap - All My Keeper Finds - Lots Of Photos!

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everytime I look at your posts , it makes me think about a few nice parks in this area and wonder how much stuff like yours is still sitting there. Just might have to make a day of it and see what we can pull out. Will have to work around the Relic hunting schedule! Its going to be a tough choice!!! ;) lolol Great job........as always!

John

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
The Seeker said:
Everytime I look at your posts , it makes me think about a few nice parks in this area and wonder how much stuff like yours is still sitting there. Just might have to make a day of it and see what we can pull out. Will have to work around the Relic hunting schedule! Its going to be a tough choice!!! ;) lolol Great job........as always!

John

Great to see you here John!!!
Made my day for sure.
I hope all is well your way, the family, your health, and TH'ing.

Thanks for the cool comment!
I guess I was one of the first to post my 2007 totals
as we had a pretty early freeze this year.
A lot have followed with amazing results too
as the banner above testifies!

I hope you get out and get some glimmers too, good luck.
I am dying not being able to get out
but I have been combining all my treasures from the past two seasons
and checking all those out has been fun, keeps the juices flowing!

Take care
:) BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
hollowpointred said:
someone said you brag too much ???...... that person just doesnt get it, thats what this site is all about, showing your finds to others and talking detecting. ;) those are some beautiful finds!

Thanks a lot for the ever constant and awesome support. Definitely inspiring and appreciated!!
All the best in 2008 my friend!

Smiles!
BDoo

I_Dig_NYC

Jan 25, 2008
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
WOW That's incredible !!! You deserve a medal but I think you already have a few.
Congrats.

were562

Greenie
Nov 5, 2008
british columbia
Detector(s) used
whites MXT
Boobydoo said:
Ok, a couple more photos... the home stretch.

I did manage several silver coins this season even though I didn't do much traditional hunting in search of old coinage. Most were found in the schoolyards.
16 total this year.
4 Wash quarters
1 SLQ quarter
2 Mercury dimes
8 Roosevelt dimes
1 foriegn coin

The SLQ is always a cool find. I got this one at an old golf course that was being plowed under for a housing development.

The schoolyards and parks were filled with dollar coins for me this year. Twenty $1 coins ... 12 Sac $1, (1 missing from the picture, gave it away) 3 Canada Loonies, 3 Washington $1, 1 Adams $1, and 1 SBA $1. Also found was Four $2 canadian coins - (Toonies).

Finally, this cross I found is really cool. It's a Celtic Cross, hallmarked with Ionia and Scotland. A little reseach provided a clue about what it is. I think it's a sovenier from the St. Martin's Cross in Iona, Scotland. It's bronze I think (maybe brass). It's about 2.5 inches tall and very heavy.
I found this at our high school on the sidelines next to the fence surrounding the football field. They tore out the sod and replaced it this summer so I had access to it for a week.

Here's a link to some info about St. Martin's Cross in Iona.
http://stevegilchrist.org/2gaelicmists.htm

Alright! That's it ;D ;D ;D

Thanks very much again for all your support this year and for hanging in there reading all this stuff in the thread. Sorry it so long but I hope you enjoyed it.

Have a great holiday season and best wishes for 2008.

Smiles!
BDoo
love the Xmas tree lol! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions