2007 Recap - All My Keeper Finds - Lots Of Photos!

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Tis the season...
for everyone to post their 2007 finds.
My turn!

Below, I will share photos of all my keepers. Lots of photos. I hope you all enjoy! Someone said I was bragging too much once. I hope this isn't taken as that this time. I enjoy seeing everyones finds and also enjoy sharing mine. I don't consider myself any better then anyone on TNet.

I just love getting out there and working it very hard
and I have blessed with a lot of good luck too.
29 years hunting experience helps also.

I will post my trinkets and other finds in a different thread.
I have boxes full of them.

Thanks to everyone who supported me this year.
All of you are true insprirations.
I draw from seeing your finds and getting the support from you
to help keep me motivated to get out there and swing. THANKS!

I definitely had my best year ever (personal records in everything)
and got out hunting more then ever before.

I got out 61 times this year and hunted a total of 240 hours (hunt time not including drive time between sites etc). As many of you know, I pretty much specialize in pillaging the schoolyards, the woodchip play areas and grassy areas too. Many days I just do the woodchip areas and move school to school to maximize my finds. Easy pickins!

My clad count was awesome for me.
Total of 9,725 coins for a face value of $693,83. ;D
I found over 200 coins in one day 15 times this year,
over 300 coins in one day 4 times,
and over 400 coins in one day 2 times.

My best day was 479 coins for a $33.03 face value.
That was close to 9 hours hunting that day.

My average hunt time was 4 to 5 hours.
I am getting up there in age and can't handle
those marathon hunting days much any more,
especially at the pace I swing and dig em up.

Lots of keepers this year, so much fun!!!
I found 56 pieces of solid gold jewelry
and 128 pieces of sterling silver jewelry.
184 total keeper jewelry pieces this season.

Ok, here we go with some photos.

Here's all my keepers spread out on a checkerboard game table we have.
Goldie.jpg

Breaking everything down into catagories, I will start with my rings. Here are my keeper rings. I found 55 keeper rings this year. 25 Gold and 30 Silver. I gave a couple away and they aren't shown. I got a total of 175 rings this season (120 trinket ones plus the 55 keepers)
Tree1.jpg

Here are the goldies!
2007 keepers.jpg
A close up
Pile of rings.jpg
another close up
Gold T.jpg

My favorite ring was this Men's nugget ring. Nice and heavy with 3 nice diamonds. It fits my ring finger perfectly. Got to love that wearable treasure!! I found it at a park between a basketball and volleyball court in a ten foot wide strip of grass. It was a productive area. I pulled 4 rings from there that day.
Gold L.jpg

Another great find was this Gold Coin ring. It's 9kt and has British hallmarks. The coin is a 1865 Maximillian Mexican coin/token. This is my 3rd gold coin is 29 years of metal detecting. All were jewelry items. This is a sweet little ring. The photos do not do it justice.
Gold R.jpg

Here are my sterling silver rings.
Top view.
Goldie.jpg
Front view.
Gold coin ring.jpg

And then, there's my Christmas "Bling Tree"
This was fun!

Sterling T.jpg

I have a lot of photos to share so I will have to post in multiple replies below. Thanks for having the patiance to look at them all.

Smiles!
BDoo

Attachments

• Sterling F.jpg
    Sterling F.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 3,293
  • Tree1.jpg
    Tree1.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 1,847
OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Ok, here's some more.

All my gold finds, all hallmarked or tested.
3 thin chains, two bracelets (one is a heavy 14k one), some pendants, a money clip, and a lot of earrings.
Top view.
Gold Top.jpg
Front view.
Gold F.jpg

My best goldie finds that weren't rings are pictured here in my hand.
On the left between my fingers are two 14k earrings.
One has an .12ct fancy red (pink) diamond in it.

In the center betwen my fingers in a nice 10k earring with a ruby
and below it a 14K stud earing with a 1/4ct diamond!

Below those is a sterling earring but I had the stones tested and they are diamonds,
almost 1 full carat worth. It's a shiney sucker!

On the right by my pinkie is a hallmarked .9999 earring, solid 24k gold!

The chain bracelet is also pure gold, hallmarked 958, 23k gold.

The heart thing is one of most valuable finds this year. It's 14k, hallmarked 585 and has 42 bagette diamonds around it. More then a carat worth of shiney white stones! Well over $1000 retail.

Finally, the little shiney disc is a 1853 California Fractional gold token. It's a cool find but I couldn't verify the gold content so I think it's not genuine, it's a copy and was not counted by me as a gold coin find.
Diamonds N 24K.jpg

I scored a lot of silver chains and bracelets this year. Some had pendants still on them.
Silver chains.jpg

These two tennis bracelets both took my breath away finding them. They are both Gold over silver (vermeil) hallmarked 925, and are filled with beautiful shiney CZ stones. When I dug them, the gold color and lines of diamond looking stones stopped my heart. It's one of my dreams to find a real gold and diamond tennis bracelet and I thought I had accomplished it both times with these but alas, they are silver and the stones not diamonds. I still love them both. They are in great shape, very wearable, and beautiful.
Tennis.jpg

Lots' and lots of religious pendants this year. I love finding these. More then half of these are 925 or sterling, the rest are not silver but pretty cool none the less. The large mariner one in the center is sterling and very heavy. I found it with a chain that was chopped up into 4 pieces. I think it was a ceremonial destruction and disposal (by a scorned boyfriend maybe).
Relig pendants.jpg

Here are the rest of the sterling pendants I found this season. See the $10 Gold Coin one? It's plated unfortunately but I about died digging that one up. My heart was racing 100 MPH. A fun find... wish it was real. :D
925 Pendants.jpg

I found so many sterling earrings this year including on four seperate occasions, finding both halfs of the pair. They are shown in the top left of the photo. In the center, several stud CZ's are always heart stopping finds hoping they are huge diamonds... not. Also shown in this photo in right side are the jeweled bracelet charm links and sterling beads.
925 earrings.jpg

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Ok, a couple more photos... the home stretch.

I did manage several silver coins this season even though I didn't do much traditional hunting in search of old coinage. Most were found in the schoolyards.
16 total this year.
4 Wash quarters
1 SLQ quarter
2 Mercury dimes
8 Roosevelt dimes
1 foriegn coin

The SLQ is always a cool find. I got this one at an old golf course that was being plowed under for a housing development.
Silver coins.JPG

The schoolyards and parks were filled with dollar coins for me this year. Twenty $1 coins ... 12 Sac $1, (1 missing from the picture, gave it away) 3 Canada Loonies, 3 Washington $1, 1 Adams $1, and 1 SBA $1. Also found was Four $2 canadian coins - (Toonies).
Dollars.jpg

Finally, this cross I found is really cool. It's a Celtic Cross, hallmarked with Ionia and Scotland. A little reseach provided a clue about what it is. I think it's a sovenier from the St. Martin's Cross in Iona, Scotland. It's bronze I think (maybe brass). It's about 2.5 inches tall and very heavy.
I found this at our high school on the sidelines next to the fence surrounding the football field. They tore out the sod and replaced it this summer so I had access to it for a week.
Iona Cross.jpg
Here's a link to some info about St. Martin's Cross in Iona.
http://stevegilchrist.org/2gaelicmists.htm

Alright! That's it ;D ;D ;D

Thanks very much again for all your support this year and for hanging in there reading all this stuff in the thread. Sorry it so long but I hope you enjoyed it.

Have a great holiday season and best wishes for 2008.

Smiles!
BDoo

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BDoo, you are the "ring man" for sure :o. . . Next year I'm definitely going to have to hit the chips under the swings.

Take care & HH!
watercolor

djabend

Dec 12, 2006
Cicero, NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300 Sunray DX-1 probe/ XLT Sunray XL-1 probe
wow you are really good at finding the jewelry. you must hunt with little or no discrimination.
That fractional gold coin is cool, are you sure its fake? I still like the way it looks.
HH,
Donny

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unbelieveable finds there Bdoo. Amazing. How are you going to top that next year? Congrats on a great season. Good luck in 2008.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bdoo,
You truely deserve banner for all that jewelry. Those finds are incredible!!! A beautiful assortment for sure.
Screw relic hunting, I'm going to hit playgrounds next season. ;) ;D
Thanks for the post and pictures.
-MM-

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
watercolor said:
BDoo, you are the "ring man" for sure :o. . . Next year I'm definitely going to have to hit the chips under the swings.

Take care & HH!
watercolor

Thanks Watercolor!! Best of luck to you and happy holidays!

BDoo :)

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
dave-enc said:
you had a great season wtg bobby. cant wait for you to crank it up again next year
hh
dave+bobbie

Hi Dave and Bobbie!!

You two are my idols for sure and I would not have found all this if it weren't for your inspiration last summer getting me into the schoolyards.

Thanks for awesome support, ever constant and I am so looking forward to your guys end of the season thread. Happy holidays to you both!

Peace and love
Bobby

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
djabend said:
wow you are really good at finding the jewelry. you must hunt with little or no discrimination.
That fractional gold coin is cool, are you sure its fake? I still like the way it looks.
HH,
Donny

Hi Donny, yep, definitely a cool coin and exciting find but reserching the internet and eBay, I think it is a copy, not original.

Thanks for stopping in and take care, happy holidays!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Evolution said:
Unbelieveable finds there Bdoo. Amazing. How are you going to top that next year? Congrats on a great season. Good luck in 2008.

Well, Evo, that's pretty easy, there's no way I can top this year. It will be difficult. I have cherry picked 90% of the schoolyards within 25 miles of my house the past two summers, so I will have work a lot harder or drive further for my finds next year. I will still go for anyways and have fun doing it no matter what the finds. Thanks and have a great holiday season buddy! Best of luck to you!

BDoo ;D

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely remarkable, I'm totally speechless. W&E is gonna have to do a follow-up on your this year's finds. When are you opening the jewelry store? ;D

;) RR

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great year Bobby! Fantastic finds! Love those woodchip playgrounds myself. Easy pick'ns like you said

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
ModernMiner said:
Bdoo,
You truely deserve banner for all that jewelry. Those finds are incredible!!! A beautiful assortment for sure.
Screw relic hunting, I'm going to hit playgrounds next season. ;) ;D
Thanks for the post and pictures.
-MM-

You deserve the Banner for the way you "dress" ;)
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,124060.0.html#lastPost

Seriously... thanks buddy, coming from you, a true treasure in my book, banner or not.

I will have to get down there next year and we can go pillage the local schoolyards. I'll teach you everything I know (that'll take about 10 minutes ;D ) . Hopefully, I'll get down your way. I'll let you know. You and your family (god bless em for puttin up with you) have a safe and happy holiday my friend!

Thanks!!
Bobby :)

dakotama95

Feb 26, 2007
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, White's DFX
Great finds. I am jealous. That is a lot of digging. I guess I need to hit the schools in my area if that is what you score. Thanks for the post. Makes me want to go shovel snow and dig. Not. I just got over a cold from being out before the icestorm hit.

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
osubuckeye said:
Excellent finds!!! What detector(s) did you use, if I may ask.

hmmm BDoo from MICHIGAN to osubuckeye.... :P

;D ;D ;D

Thanks and welcome to TNet OBE!

I have an ACE250 for more traditional hunting but all these find were with my ole trusty Garret TR machine. It's a early 1980's detector that I bought new in 1981 and really performs well in the playground woodchips, very fast and sniffs out the targets. I dig everything!

Here's a photos of one just like it (I bought a back up machine this year)
New Trusty.jpg

Thanks for the read and comment. Have a great holiday. PM me if you want to.

:) BDoo

Attachments

• New Trusty.jpg
    New Trusty.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 2,832

sparkymaster

Feb 21, 2005
South Ogden, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX-XLT-M-6
Hey buddy!

I know, it's been a while since I posted on here, I have been lurking though. Just busy this fall, I'm sure you know how it goes. Congratulations on a wonderfull year, you did very well.

I also love to hunt the schools and wood chips in my area. I think next year I'm going to move from school to school as you did to gather all the goodies I possibly can. When I hunt the schools and wood chips I usually try to clean it out the best I can but it takes forever because of their size.

The schools around here have so much area I can't even completely finish 2 in a season.

I'll try to post my finds for the year soon.

You and yours have a wonderfull Holiday season!!!

HH

sparkymaster

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread