***MY 2007 HIGHLIGHTS FOR 2007*** - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ***MY 2007 HIGHLIGHTS FOR 2007***

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Re: ***MY 2007 HIGHLIGHTS FOR 2007***

Quote Originally Posted by civilman1
    PM's Out MM.....I still love it,and Yes you are still the Man.
    Thanks Civil.
    My wife is still wondering if I am the MAN, after that dress episode.
    -Doug-
    *Oldest coin-1775 Spanish 1 real *Oldest U.S. silver-1833 Capped Bust Half Dime *Best coin - 1945 GOLD 2 1/2 peso *Best Civil War finds:*NC officers belt buckle *CSN Confederate Navy Officer button

Quote Originally Posted by Captn_SE
    Doug, you've had a fantastic year!! You are a very well-rounded(I don't mean physically ) hunter...coins, tokens, buttons, CW relics, jewelry...you've got it all, my friend.

I just know you're going to have a great year in '08...old wilvers for sure. Thanks for all your support, not to mention all the humor you bring to Tnet. You make this forum more exciting and interesting. 8) I need my Doug-a-licious fix!!! Hahahahaa...

Happy Holidays,
    CAPTN SE
    Dan
    Thanks Big Dan.
    I only wish I could dig silver like you. Keep up those videos in 08'. They are a fun to watch. I need to learn how to do that myself.
    Looking forward to a record season from you next year.
    Happy holidays,
    Doug-a-rita
    *Oldest coin-1775 Spanish 1 real *Oldest U.S. silver-1833 Capped Bust Half Dime *Best coin - 1945 GOLD 2 1/2 peso *Best Civil War finds:*NC officers belt buckle *CSN Confederate Navy Officer button

Charter Member
    Bryce-IL

Aug 2007
    Wherever Silver's Hidin'
    Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
    628 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by ModernMiner
    Well all you TN Folks out there in Treasure Land. Here are the highlights of my year. I was hoping to find my first Barber coin before year end, but so such luck. No silver seated, standing, walking, or crawling yet either. I did find a few nice coins though, and a ton of other goodies. I can't post it all, but below are some of my nicer 2007 finds.
    I have learned a lot about my machine this year, and love to get out to MD as much as possible.
    The experiences have been wonderful, the wealth of knowledge here has been unbelievable, and the TN members are FANTASTIC. I just want to say "THANKS" to all of you for your support this year. When my Dad passed away in August, I truly think it was this hobby and you great folks that got me through that tough time. I hope everyone has a great holiday season, and an awesome 2008 MD season.

O.K., enough of that mushy stuff. Here we go:

COINS
    Pictured are my IH pennies, Buff Nickels (1 war time nickel), silver quarters, and silver dimes (mostly Mercs).
    My two best coins were:
    *A late 1700's counterfeit Carolus Spanish silver piece of 8 reale. (Thanks Don for the ID)
    *A key date 1868 IH penny.

BUTTONS
    What I lacked in coin finds, I made up in old buttons.
    I dug over 60+ old buttons ranging from the late 1700's to early 1900's. Most were 1800's.
    One of my favorites was an 1812 era button with "Strong Forever" on the back mark. (Thanks PBK & Warren Tice for the ID)

CIVIL WAR
    I did fairly well with the assortment of bullets, musket balls, relics, and buttons.
    My favorite two CW pieces are:
    *Eagle sword belt plate. (Thanks Josh for the ID)
    *6 lb. Bormann cannon ball piece (Thanks Josh for the ID)

Tags / Tokens / Keys

RELICS
    Some of the larger ones pictured, but too many to post.

TOYS and TOT LOT TRINKETS
    My favorites were the cannon and the 1940's lead soldier (medic).
    I'm still taking the training course from BDoo on playground MDing.

JEWELRY
    I did pretty good on gold and diamond rings this year. I sold a couple to fund my MD hobby, but they are pictured here too.
    My favorite two jewelry pieces were:
    *A 1930's deco look 18k white gold and 6 diamond ring. Found on a farm.
    *A large 10k gold nugget and 7 diamond ring. Found on a playground.

Thanks for looking everyone.
    MM
    -Doug-

Congrats on a great year MM. Great displays and great pics. I need to get my year end post up too. Good luck next year and keep the posts coming.
    My field test of the Sunray X-5 coil is published in the May 2010 Issue of Western & Eastern Treasures.

My field test of the Sunray X-12 Coil is published in the June 2010 Issue of Western & Eastern Treasures.

My field test of the Coiltek 5x7 Coil is published in the July 2012 Issue of Western & Eastern Treasures.

My "Deep Coin" Explorer settings, and finds are published in Andy Sabisch's Minelab Explorer & E-Trac Handbook.

Here's the story of my BEST FIND EVERhttp://www.treasurenet.com/forums/be...find-ever.html

us
    Aug 2007
    NJ
    EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
    119 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Doug,
    well I aint giving up till the fat lady sings...and she ain't a singing yet... so I will still go out till the ground freezes, considering I started detecting late in the year..but hey, I am improving and ain't doing bad.. you did fantastic...please dont tell me you sold that lovely beautiful antique diamond ring,I love that...antique jewelry is my weakness.
    Live your life in such a way, that when your feet hit the floor  in the morning, satan shudders and says, OH CHIT, SHE'S AWAKE.

us
    Jul 2006
    Cheshire, Mass
    White's XLT, DFX 300
    11 times

MAN what a year YOU HAD!!! Some great finds that make me want to shovel the snow away and grab a pick-axe!

I hope next year brings just as much to your table....

Congrats and thanks for sharing!
    Hank 8)

Quote Originally Posted by bootybay
    Doug,
    well I aint giving up till the fat lady sings...and she ain't a singing yet... so I will still go out till the ground freezes, considering I started detecting late in the year..but hey, I am improving and ain't doing bad.. you did fantastic...please dont tell me you sold that lovely beautiful antique diamond ring,I love that...antique jewelry is my weakness.
    Booty,
    The fat lady (me) hasn't sang yet. I still have a few weeks left to go this year, but thought I'd do my post while I had a minute. I would love to score that elusive Barber coin before year end.
    Yes, I sold that beautiful old ring, and I've regretted it ever since. It was a one of a kind, and the company is still in business today. They do custom jewelry, and still had the design drawing from the 1930's that they sent me a copy of. Now I'm really feeling sick.
    Good luck out there.
    -Doug-

us
    Feb 2005
    Bavaria Germany
    Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
    166 times

You had a good year MM, congrats! Mike

Oct 2006
    139 times

Most excellent finds MM!!!I really like that belt plate and your great assortment of buttons.I found my first old military button last month and I want more!

Quote Originally Posted by LI Tom
    Most excellent finds MM!!!I really like that belt plate and your great assortment of buttons.I found my first old military button last month and I want more!
    Tom,
    They certainly are addicting. I love old buttons!
    -MM-

us
    Your best find is still in the ground somewhere

Jan 2007
    Hazelwood, MO
    White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
    384 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Hey MM, congrats on all the nice finds..nice pics also, I feel like I'm looking at a display case in a museum.

Thanks for chiming in to my posts and encouraging me as well..it was a year of memorable finds.

I hope '08 is a good year for you with more great discoveries.

Nat

us
    Mmmmm Popsicles!!!

Jul 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Garrett Ace 250 (10x14 Excelerator Coil) Garrett Pro-Pointer
    1 times

You didn't dig up that whole clock did ya?

Quote Originally Posted by Natman
    Hey MM, congrats on all the nice finds..nice pics also, I feel like I'm looking at a display case in a museum.

Thanks for chiming in to my posts and encouraging me as well..it was a year of memorable finds.

I hope '08 is a good year for you with more great discoveries.

Nat
    Thanks Nat. You've had a great year too. Your ring count was fantastic! That idea you had of working with the realtors was a great idea. Good luck next year. Looking forward to your posts.
    -Doug-

Quote Originally Posted by RMac1721
    You didn't dig up that whole clock did ya?
    RMac,
    No, just the iron eagle piece itself. I dug it on an old farm spot I hunt. Not sure if it was originally a clock, or an old stove piece. I was told it was an 1800's mantle clock originally.
    Here is a picture of how it looked when I first dug it up.
    HH,
    MM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eagle piece.jpg 
Views:	2075 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	9707   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eagle piece.jpg 
Views:	2066 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	172523  

us
    wolf pack!!!

Sep 2006
    Texas
    Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
    63 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Great review of the year, and some smoking hot finds, I remember some of your post as you found em. Thanks for showing them agien.
    TC
    Leave no stone unturned.

Quote Originally Posted by TEXAN Connection
    Great review of the year, and some smoking hot finds, I remember some of your post as you found em. Thanks for showing them agien.
    TC
    Thanks TC.
    It's fun to relive these finds at the end of the year. I remember a lot of the great stuff the TN members have found this year. Simply amazing!
    -Doug-

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links