UPDATED: 77 Rings & the REST of my 2007 finds w/pics (check out 2 sets of teeth) - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    us
    Oct 2007
    Tn
    Garrett GTA500
    9 times

Re: UPDATED: 12/30: 77 Rings: Gold & Silver (found a gold ring today)

whoop! whoop!-WOW
    Congrads on all those finds.
    Tennessee Joe
    Man that is born of a woman is of few days and full of trouble ...Job CH. 14

us
    May 2007
    Middleburg, Florida 32068
    White's DFX
    5 times

There's rings in the picture? I must have been distracted!!!! Nice finds!

us
    Your best find is still in the ground somewhere

Jan 2007
    Hazelwood, MO
    White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
    384 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Congrats on all those rings...tell the model in the picture to give them back to you when she's done.

Nat

us
    Jul 2003
    Mid Michigan
    IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
    41 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

All hail...the Queen of bling!
    Congrats on a great year....your ongoing enthusiasm and/or passion for the hunt will certainly push you past your goals in 08....or do you plan on upping the goal?
    Looking foreward to more great posts regardless.....Joe
    ramble on

us
    oddcoins

Jun 2006
    Eugene Oregon
    Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
    597 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by wvdrummer

HOLLY CRAP
    Holly crap? is that the same thing as Christmas poo? LOL
    Got dog tags?  I'm looking for old dog tax tags and dog license tags! From any city, any county, and any state (prefer pre-1970) ~ oddcoins@msn.com

Dec 2007
    Navarre, Florida
    Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
    2 times

WTG!!!! That's a amazing haul on rings for the year. Continued Success and HH.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29994 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Absolutely Gorgeous!!!!!

The rings are really pretty too.......
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Feb 2007
    SW Virginia
    White's Spectra V3 / 6x10" DD & 10" DD Coils / Bullseye II Probe
    1 times

Does the signal show up in the Nichol and pulltab range? Thanks!!!!!
    May God Bless all TNET Members!

us
    Jun 2006
    Texas
    Whites-DSL
    89 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

I've updated this post with the rest of my finds for 2007.

Ray S~Answer to strategies I have learned from my dad and from the vetern hunters on TNET:

1. I choose a place to hunt that I know for a fact LOTS of people go for recreation. My personal favorites are lake parks (lots of jewelry lost). I am beginning to really like the woodchips where kiddos play thanks to BDOOs posts and inspirational finds!

2. Check the hole after finding a coin or jewelry. Yep, nothing will put your underwear in a bunch more than having your metal detecting buddy find a quarter(s) in a hole you dug with your blood, sweat, and tears, because you were in a hurry to detect the rest of the area. Not that has ever happened to me personally….ehem…..

3. Trash doesn't have to be a bad thing (when you have a small coil). Yes, you read correctly, trash can be good! Trash tells me that people have been in the area I am hunting. The amount tells me HOW many people go there. The KIND of trash has helped me date the area I am hunting (old pull tabs vs. new, old popbottles, etc). I especially like to see beer, or wine trash! Those folks don’t know how NOT to lose their money and jewelry at the beach. Twisted, I know, but it works for me!

4. I used to find more at the beginning of a hunt than at the end. I think I have an idea of why that is true for me. At the beginning of a hunt I swing slow and low. At the end of the hunt I am kind of making a happy face with my coil, know what I mean? At the beginning of the hunt I dig EVERYTHING. At the end, just the “good sounds.” I usually grid the area out in the beginning. At the end of the hunt, I just kind of willy-nilly it.

5. Speakinig of Gridding the area! I have proven it to myself time and again that I will find more coins and jewelry when I take the time to grid out the area I am going to hunt. When I grid, I miss less treasure. As an example: I was hunting an area a treasure club hunts a lot and one of the detectorist told me to not waste my time (he wasn't being snarky...he really was trying to be nice), because they have hunted it out! I smiled and said thank you, but continued to hunt in a grid. I found a gold ring by a bunch of poptops......Notice I didn’t say I would get ALL treasure! Which brings me to number 6....

6. No place is ever hunted out. I tried to hunt out an area, and what I found was that nature can cover, and uncover treasure. An area that has 2 or 3 inches of sand or soil removed WILL equal more coins and treasure. People will also continue to lose things in a hunted out area.

7. There is treasure by trees, bushes, and big rocks. I have found many a coin and ring by, and under this stuff. If I am in a good area (one that is producing coins) I will move these things if I can. If not, I swing all around them and listen for tone or whisper.

8. Finding lots of quarters or keys means I have found an area that is not hunted much by other detectorists! They will miss dimes, and nickels; but, they don't consistently miss quarters or keys. Has anyone else surmised this as well? I have also found that when I find a lot of quarters in a hunting area that I find jewelry too.

9. Treasure is in the eye of the beholder! I never, and I mean NEVER have a bad hunt. I have hunts where I find more, or better treasure than others; however, just being outdoors in the fresh air is wonderful. I like the physical activity, and the joy of the hunt. The anticipation of the dig. That's what keeps me interested in the MDing.

10. Turn down the discrimination. I remember how excited I was to have a machine that would cancel out/discriminate trash. Woo-hoo! I would only find coins and treasure. Not true....I have an older whites classic. When I use high discrimination, I lose depth. Plus, trash will mask the good stuff. PERIOD! The only time I use discrimination is when I have less than an hour to hunt, or I am feeling discouraged from digging to much trash. I flip over to discriminate, find a few coins or whatever, and back to no discrimination I go! I will also put the detector on discriminate to case out a new hunting area. If I find clad and/or silver, I turn down the discrimination and start digging trash.

11. Gold sounds and looks like foil or a nickel! Did I mention to turn down the discrimination and dig everything? Enough said!

12. Depth. I think how much depth you need is based on what you're hunting, where you are hunting!For me, because of my dad's machine (Explorer: which by the way can hear sounds at the center of the earth's core), I know I may be missing some deeper targets (8 inches or more)... However, most of my good finds have been no more than 5 to six inches deep......I hunt at a fresh water lake that has sand and rocks.

13. Hunting alone. Being females we have to be very careful when hunting. I walk tall (I am about 5' 10") and carry a wicked looking knife for digging, or if need be, carving me up a little "would be" threat to my metal detecting day. Seriously.....I never go out without letting my husband know where I am. I carry my cell phone at all times. I have a detecting buddy. When she can't go out with me, I only hunt when I know some people will be where I am hunting. Safety in numbers......I do get a few more questions from folks, but I have also found some new places to hunt by talking to them.

Hope this helps! Happy New Year!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic1.jpg 
Views:	2293 
Size:	159.6 KB 
ID:	174619   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic2.jpg 
Views:	2275 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	174620   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic3.jpg 
Views:	2256 
Size:	112.0 KB 
ID:	174621   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic4.jpg 
Views:	2234 
Size:	144.5 KB 
ID:	174622   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic5.jpg 
Views:	2216 
Size:	137.6 KB 
ID:	174623  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic6.jpg 
Views:	2196 
Size:	117.8 KB 
ID:	174624   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic7.jpg 
Views:	2183 
Size:	146.5 KB 
ID:	174625   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic8.jpg 
Views:	2143 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	174626  
    Rings are works of art and I LOVE to collect them.
    (2013 61 rings (19 gold, 33 silver & 9 stainless).

2014 GOAL 100:
    gold rings-3
    silver rings-3
    titanium rings-0

us
    Feb 2005
    Bavaria Germany
    Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
    166 times

Re: UPDATED: 12/31: 77 Rings & the REST of my 2007 finds w/pics

Awesome finds and nice post! You going to tumble those pennies? HH, Mike

us
    Joe

Sep 2007
    Long Beach, California
    XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
    900 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Banner Finds (3)
    Honorable Mentions (5)

WOW!!....(and I DO mean WOW!!).

What a great bunch of finds. I also cut and pasted your 13 ideas. Yeah, I know most of them BUT I need constant reminding.

You have inspired me to post my 2007 ring finds here too...it sure is fun seeing what everyone finds.

HH Joe
    Regards, Joe (California)

Feb 2007
    SE and DFX
    7 times

Great first photo...your pic did outshine all the jewelry...kind of distracting..... but the jewelry is nice too... great year...........

us
    Dec 2007
    Western, N.C.
    Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
    847 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Your 13 is what I have lived by for the last 10 yrs! Great post and inspiration for all! Congrats!

us
    VOTE FOR CRACKBADGER!

Mar 2007
    FLOR DI DA
    ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
    42 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Great Finds Iskuli!

I always love your post, cause I love rings! You always got something nice to see! Congrats on all the finds this year and sorry you couldnt make the goal! I know you will tear it up next year! Good luck and have a great new year!

CRACKBADGER
    DIGGING LIKE A BADGER ON CRACK!

us
    Treasure Hunter

Nov 2005
    Brevard County, FL ~ USA
    Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
    12 times

Iskuli,
    All around.. beautiful rings and blings!!!

Looks like the Mary Kay products are doing wonders for your hands and nails.
    From the looks of it, some of these guys could benefit from you products.

Very nice post always look forward to seeing your rings.

You are the Queen of the Rings and Crackbadger is King of the Rings.
    LOL!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links