Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Don's 2007 Coins and some Relics

Now that is a nice graph and display of coins for the 2007 season. Thank you !!! I have to go back, and redo my graph at this time....... not up to par with the one you have done. Those darn crayons I happen to use just did not cut it and even though the colors looked kinda close . I decided to scrap my 2007 Post at this time and go back to the drawing board...................lololol ;D ;D ;D

Very nice .........Hope your 2008 season of detecting brings you plenty of great finds.

John

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

Impressive finds Don. Congrats on a great year.

Awesome stats and displys, some of the best I have seen.
Thanks for sharing and best of luck in 2008!!

BDoo :)

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

It is always a pleasure reading your posts, Don!
Happy Hunting!

OP
OP
Don in SJ

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mirage said:
Don,
Lot's of nice old coins. Very nice. The overall composite is nice but looses detail(I know - it would be too many pictures individually).

You were right about your prediction of old coins per site at 4-5. At least for the one site Dan found. Dan and I thought we were going to beat the odds. We found the 5 quickly but lot's of hours later -no more. Not to be. Maybe 2008.

Good luck in '08.

Bob

Bob, The photos would have been even smaller yet if I had added those two last King George coppers, but all I did was take my existing photos and added text, could not think of an easier way without making too many photos to view of coins, since I did want to get some of the relics in there, which are still under appreciated by too many. ;)
(Oh, one thing I do when photos appear small and want to see better, since Windows XP has the zoom level function I just up the zoom level from 100%)

The 4-5 coins still seems to be average for older sites, with 7 or more being special, work places near homesites seem to produce more coins, not sure but it appears that way. If I hunted more fields (which are not really that many in my area to hunt) maybe I would get more per site, I think wooded sites are good at hiding an extra few coins that only a forest fire, or coming back in ten years and maybe a rotted tree is now gone that was hiding a coin or two.......

Don

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

Don in South Jersey said:
Mirage said:
Don,
Lot's of nice old coins. Very nice. The overall composite is nice but looses detail(I know - it would be too many pictures individually).

You were right about your prediction of old coins per site at 4-5. At least for the one site Dan found. Dan and I thought we were going to beat the odds. We found the 5 quickly but lot's of hours later -no more. Not to be. Maybe 2008.

Good luck in '08.

Bob

Bob, The photos would have been even smaller yet if I had added those two last King George coppers, but all I did was take my existing photos and added text, could not think of an easier way without making too many photos to view of coins, since I did want to get some of the relics in there, which are still under appreciated by too many. ;)
(Oh, one thing I do when photos appear small and want to see better, since Windows XP has the zoom level function I just up the zoom level from 100%)

The 4-5 coins still seems to be average for older sites, with 7 or more being special, work places near homesites seem to produce more coins, not sure but it appears that way. If I hunted more fields (which are not really that many in my area to hunt) maybe I would get more per site, I think wooded sites are good at hiding an extra few coins that only a forest fire, or coming back in ten years and maybe a rotted tree is now gone that was hiding a coin or two.......

Don

Our "Coronet Field" produced 17 coins with nothing newer than 1839. We found 14 Coronets, 1 Draped Bust, 2 Colonials, and a Capped Bust half dime. We are thinking this site was more than just a homestead. What do you think, Don?

BDD...Kirk

OP
OP
Don in SJ

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kirk, most likely a work area or tavern, or maybe a few houses were bunched closer together for some reason. I have heard of two or three sites from three other detectorists who found as many as 40 or more colonials, not including US Large Cents from one general area. One was a F&I fort site and one we think was a Stage Coach stop/tavern, can't remember what the third area was thought to be. But, those dream sites are far and few , darn it. :)

Don

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

Don in South Jersey said:
Kirk, most likely a work area or tavern, or maybe a few houses were bunched closer together for some reason. I have heard of two or three sites from three other detectorists who found as many as 40 or more colonials, not including US Large Cents from one general area. One was a F&I fort site and one we think was a Stage Coach stop/tavern, can't remember what the third area was thought to be. But, those dream sites are far and few , darn it. :)

Don

We thought the same. The coins were found in an area about the size of a basketball court. They were all over the place, not in one single area. The field needs plowed! :D

BDD...Kirk

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

Don - You are the man! Thanks for a years worth of knowledge, colonial attribution, and fun chat time... I'm really happy you're getting past the medical stuff and look forward to another great year of finds from you, and your son...

I made my own chart...

CHART.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread