2007 Silver totals

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
This was my second full year detecting.I picked up a used Whites M6 in Feb. and used it as my main detector.This year I met and hunted with some great Tnet people including regular hunting buddy Ricardo-NY1,JoeG and Pulltab Steve.It's so much more fun to hunt with a buddy.I ended up with 56 silver coins and some silver jewlery.No gold this year ,as I didn't hunt tot lots or the beach as I did last year as I wanted silver coins.Last year I had 1 silver coin!!This year I hope to get some gold and more old buttons(I had an early 1800/s navy button this year and I got the bug.I hope everybody meets their 2008 detecting goals.

coinz001.jpg

coinz003.jpg

coinz004.jpg

coinz005.jpg

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom,
Very impressive silver finds. From 1 to 56 silver, what an increase!!! Great job. Very cool looking bone bracelet you have there. ;D
Congrats to you on a great year,
MM

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Tom you turned it around and really did well...I too am interested in picking up my gold finds...and my silver finds too...have a great 08..

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW, That is one nice haul there. This year will be even better. Good Luck

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[email protected]r year Tom. You really kicked some silver butt. You must really be getting to know that machine. It is great to have friends to hunt with isn't it?...it makes it that much more fun.

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Nice job, Tom, on your silver in '07. That's a major increase from your prior year. You have some great hunting partners. That's very important in this hobby.

Good luck to you in '08.

Happy New Year!
CAPTN SE
Dan

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Very nice Tom! I remember that St. Michaels pendant.........it was your jewelry day! And that Jesus pendant........that was picked up when we were hunting with Joe G. We dug some silver coins and had a blast Tom. 2008 should be no different. Congrats on your silver.

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Great job, you'll only get better.

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Very nice silver!!! Congrats on all of it!

I llike the "bone" bracelet... never seen one like that before! Very cool!!!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm beginning to think that all the Tnet member's have the silver market cornered by the look's of the 07' find's.This year for me was only 9 silver coin's,but that's all gonna change for 08'....research is the key!! Great lookin' total's Tom and Best Of Luck in 08'....

OP
OP
L

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
Thanks everyone for their kind comments and yes it is soo much better to have friends to hunt with.Civilman1,research is key in finding all great ,old stuff,however all this silver was found in public parks from the '20's,30's and the 40's.These places everyone knows abouts and hits,the key is finding areas in these parks that have not been hit hard or filled in.These are usually the less obvious spots and they take a lot of work to find,but when you do find one of these untouched hotspots ,they can be very productive,even if they are only a small areas.Ricardo ny1 can tell you,most of our silver came from very small areas. HH

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Great finds Tom very nice wtg. I like them all especially the St. Michael silver pendant is it marked?
St Michael is considered in many circles as the patron saint of the warrior. Police officers and soldiers, particularly paratroopers, regard him as their patron saint.
Good luck in '08.
Glenn

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super, duper silver finds...congrats! I got a kick out of the bone bracelet...neat.

;) RR

OP
OP
L

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
Thanks Glenn,St. Michael is marked Sterling.I guess it's Karma I found him,since I'm a Police Officer.

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Tom, I know St.Michael from kinda the same my father was NYPD, that's funny wtg again, great year. You should get a nice chain and wear it.
Glenn

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Tom,
It's good to see you and Richardo doing well in NY. It is so satisfying to find silver in those well hunted places.

My son and I started out like you - finding very few silver the first year. We were content with clad. Then the following year when we concentrated on old coins we did well and the clad count went down.

Good luck in '08.

Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread