My Best Year Ever!! CAPTN_SEs 07 Totals!!! - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    us
    Aug 2006
    Eugene ,OR
    Etrac/ X-8-X-1/ /Excalibur 2/AuqaHog ~yayer
    8 times

Re: My Best Year Ever!! CAPTN_SE's '07 Totals!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Captn_SE
    Hello Everyone and Happy New Year to All!!

Today is a bittersweet day with now many fond memories of last year still fresh in my mind. 2007 was a year I will never forget. It surpassed all my previous years of md'ing combined. I met and have detected with many knowledgable and enthusiastic md'ers in '07. I consider all of them my good friends. I have also helped many here on Tnet with their Explorer detectors, giving them hints/pointers and intial setup advise; more than a hundred questions from newbies and experienced hunters. I really did feel like a "CAPTAIN".

All of these finds you will see would not have been possible if I had worked a 40-50 hr. week like I have been doing in the past 15 years. '07 was unique. In mid '06 through the beginning of '07, I came down with chronic fatigue syndrome and stayed on medical leave/disability for the duration of that time. My disabling chronic fatigue was caused by a wheat/gluten intolerance (celiac) which hampered my body's ability to absorb key nutrients/minerals in my food. Being fatigue was a definite understatement. I could barely walk up 5 stairs to my kitchen in Dec. '06. It was very depressing and frightening. Before this all happened, I was an avid runner(30-40Km/wk) and backpacker. Under a strict diet, I also needed to get outside and keep my body moving, which my doctor said would benefit me more than being immobile all day. I decided to try detecting again, after taking a near 15 year hiatus from a hobby I thoroughly enjoyed back in my teens. I brushed off the dust from my Whites 6000 Di Pro and started swinging my coil at a local park. At first, I couldn't even detect for 15 minutes. Each time I bent down to recover my find left me completely exhausted,and my muscles twitching profusely. While at home, I found Tnet and a local CA detecting forum on the Net. Everyone's finds inspired me to continue to go out and detect a little each day, no matter how bad I felt. Within weeks, 15 minute detecting days increased to 30 minute days. Within months, I was able to detect for a few hours, and feeling much better than I had in a while. My finds weren't that great in the beginning(I managed a few silver coins), but it was just my increased stamina that I looked forward to each and every day I got out detecting. After meeting up with some avid md'ers in my area early in Jan. '07, I decided that I wanted to take my hobby to the next level. With their advice, I traded my old detector in for a Minelab SE. The machine was so different than my older detector. I wasn't sure I made the right decision, but didn't give up. In short time, I was starting to get the hang of the machine, while my body was healing in the process. It didn't take me long to find my first silver coin. I struck silver on my second hunt with my SE. I was ecstatic. Looking back on some of my first posts with my SE, I see I was finding 1 to 2 silver coins for each hunt. As the months went by, and my knowledge of my machine and my stamina started to increase, my old coin finds were equally rising. Soon, I could detect over a half a day, and was starting to find 3 to 4 silver coins each hunt. This inspired me to continue, creating an obsession to hunt whenever I was able to. My silver fix grew, and my finds started to get even better. My 3-4 silver days started to increase to 5-6, followed by a few 8-12 silver days. Almost everyone on the detecting forums started to wonder who I was, and a few began questioning whether I was actually finding my coins. After meeting with about 7-8 other md'ers in my area, it didn't take long for them to see I was an honest person who was leeching the ground of old coinage at a better than average rate. I had such a great time with everyone I've hunted with in '07. The comeraderie/friendships/competitiveness was priceless! I even got to travel to Iowa/Nebraska with a couple of my best buddies and had a wonderful week hunting there. Over 90% of my finds in '07 came from a total of 55 parks within a 60 mile radius of my home. That's a lot of turf!! Today, I'm about 80% back to my old self in terms of my stamina, which I consider my greatest achievement in '07. I'm very glad I found Tnet and my local forum (Kinzli) in '07. I've made many lasting friendships, while also making a few green with envy. Thanks to all for helping to inspire me, and for making '07 my best detecting year of my life.

Happy New Year,
    CAPTN SE
    Dan
    Dan
    which coil do you use the most I have tried them all except for the kellyco ones and have found that the X-8 sunray works well for me great finds going to be hard to beat for sure good luck in 2008 HH RonC
    Finding a Ring is a Treasure Returning a Ring is a Great Treasure HH

Dec 2007
    Navarre, Florida
    Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
    2 times

Truly amazing finds Captain SE, may 2008 be just as good to you. Continued Success and good hunting.

us
    Mar 2006
    South Florida east coast.
    In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
    177 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Two words:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04.4.gif 
Views:	8077 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	9915   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04.4.gif 
Views:	8064 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	175066  

Feb 2007
    SW Virginia
    White's Spectra V3 / 6x10" DD & 10" DD Coils / Bullseye II Probe
    1 times

Great post Cptn SE, you inspired me to post something I always wanted to share with you all. Check it out if you get a chance. Thanks for all you do!!!
    May God Bless all TNET Members!

us
    Dec 2004
    Long Island
    Exp II, Fisher CZ-21
    5 times

Whoa... that's quite a story and even more incredible year!

Congrats!
    HH!

Joe G

us
    Semper Fi!

Jan 2007
    Indiana
    Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
    15 times

What a great post and not just for the coins!! My first detector was the Whites 6000Di Pro and I thought is was a great detector(for its time). Congrats on one very impressive year and with all those Parks your silver count can't do anything but go up, up and up!! 3000 wheats may be hard to top tho!! Continued success for next year and I hope to see even more silver!!
    "Two things are infinite, the Universe and Human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the Universe"
    ~Albert Einstein~

Charter Member
    Bryce-IL

Aug 2007
    Wherever Silver's Hidin'
    Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
    614 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Dan. Great post as always...but more importantly...I'm glad I've gotten to know you...even if it's just through Tnet. I feel like you are a great friend even though we've never met in person. When I state over and over that you really helped me out...there's no bull to it. I truly feel I was starting to get pretty good with my SE...especially with my 6" coil. I then picked up a slight setting change from you...and the 1050 coil tip....and WHOA NELLIE . I then combined what I learned on my own through lots of in field testing...WITH the tips from you...and shared it with my buddies and they have ALL vastly improved there silver finds because of it. Good things happen to good people..and buddy you are "good people"
    My field test of the Sunray X-5 coil is published in the May 2010 Issue of Western & Eastern Treasures.

My field test of the Sunray X-12 Coil is published in the June 2010 Issue of Western & Eastern Treasures.

My field test of the Coiltek 5x7 Coil is published in the July 2012 Issue of Western & Eastern Treasures.

My "Deep Coin" Explorer settings, and finds are published in Andy Sabisch's Minelab Explorer & E-Trac Handbook.

Here's the story of my BEST FIND EVERhttp://www.treasurenet.com/forums/be...find-ever.html

Aug 2007
    So.California
    Explorer SE Sunray X-1 Probe Sunray Gold Phones

Dan seeing it all together like that leaves me a little lost for words and I would say ive been with you hunting or by text for well over a hundread of your Silver coin finds and who know how many Wheats, So I just want to thank you for your time in teaching me how to metal detect and being my goal to beat in Silver coins finds on one of our hunts i'll get you this year maybe LOL

A stellar year congrats bud.
    2008 running total:
    Silver coins --- 22
    Silver jewelry --- 6
    IH --- 3
    V Nickels---1
    Buff Nickels --- 1
    Wheat's --- 96

us
    Apr 2007
    Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
    229 times

Your finds this year are awesome!!!!! It was a pleasure reading your posts and watching the short movies! Hope 2008 will be a special one for you, it couldn't of happened to a better guy! WTG!!!!!! HH

us
    Dec 2004
    Troy X5
    53 times

All animals are equal, but some are more equal then others. -George Orwell

us
    Jul 2007
    SoCal
    Minelab Fisher
    8 times

Dan it's been a great year for you with some major milestones reached . Im truelly honered to have met and hunted with you this year and look forward to our future hunts in 2008 . I've never seen anyone pull as much silver and wheats in one year like you did . And I was witness to many of your milestones this year . Your the Silver King without a doubt and beating that record will be hard for anyone to do . May your reign be a long and prosperous one . You have my vote for the Banner !....
    Minelab Explorer ll
    Fisher CZ6A (Los Banos Unit)

us
    VOTE FOR CRACKBADGER!

Mar 2007
    FLOR DI DA
    ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
    42 times
    Banner Finds (1)

HEY DAN,
    AMAZING, everything, the story the inspiration the finds! Youve had a great and challenging year I can see. Im happy to hear that ur getting better and MDing helped you with that. Mding seems to help many with many different problems! Again so happy, for ur health! We need to get together and hunt it up! Hope to see u in the parks and on the beach!! Congrats on such a great year! Hope you get to 100% this year!

Crackbadger
    DIGGING LIKE A BADGER ON CRACK!

Dec 2007

how many hours to find all that about?

us
    Feb 2007
    Rhineland Gerrmany
    Deus XP 3.2
    33 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Slow down, you are taking all the good stuff out of the ground
    Nice haul
    HH

TreasurdiggrNY

Fantastic yr. Capt, very nice, good luck in '08 and best wishes for a full recovery.
    Glenn

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links