My Best Year Ever!! CAPTN_SEs 07 Totals!!!

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Re: My Best Year Ever!! CAPTN_SE's '07 Totals!!!

What a great post and not just for the coins!! My first detector was the Whites 6000Di Pro and I thought is was a great detector(for its time). Congrats on one very impressive year and with all those Parks your silver count can't do anything but go up, up and up!! 3000 wheats may be hard to top tho!! Continued success for next year and I hope to see even more silver!!

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dan. Great post as always...but more importantly...I'm glad I've gotten to know you...even if it's just through Tnet. I feel like you are a great friend even though we've never met in person. When I state over and over that you really helped me out...there's no bull to it. I truly feel I was starting to get pretty good with my SE...especially with my 6" coil. I then picked up a slight setting change from you...and the 1050 coil tip....and WHOA NELLIE ;D. I then combined what I learned on my own through lots of in field testing...WITH the tips from you...and shared it with my buddies and they have ALL vastly improved there silver finds because of it. Good things happen to good people..and buddy you are "good people"

goldenapples

Aug 23, 2007
So.California
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Sunray X-1 Probe Sunray Gold Phones

Dan seeing it all together like that leaves me a little lost for words and I would say ive been with you hunting or by text for well over a hundread of your Silver coin finds and who know how many Wheats, So I just want to thank you for your time in teaching me how to metal detect and being my goal to beat in Silver coins finds on one of our hunts ;D i'll get you this year ??? maybe LOL

A stellar year congrats bud.

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b

Your finds this year are awesome!!!!! It was a pleasure reading your posts and watching the short movies! Hope 2008 will be a special one for you, it couldn't of happened to a better guy! WTG!!!!!! HH

Ratman

Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dan it's been a great year for you with some major milestones reached . Im truelly honered to have met and hunted with you this year and look forward to our future hunts in 2008 . I've never seen anyone pull as much silver and wheats in one year like you did . And I was witness to many of your milestones this year . Your the Silver King without a doubt and beating that record will be hard for anyone to do . May your reign be a long and prosperous one . You have my vote for the Banner !.... ;D

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HEY DAN,
AMAZING, everything, the story the inspiration the finds! Youve had a great and challenging year I can see. Im happy to hear that ur getting better and MDing helped you with that. Mding seems to help many with many different problems! Again so happy, for ur health! We need to get together and hunt it up! Hope to see u in the parks and on the beach!! Congrats on such a great year! Hope you get to 100% this year!

Crackbadger

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Fantastic yr. Capt, very nice, good luck in '08 and best wishes for a full recovery.
Glenn

bootstrap vinn

Apr 25, 2006
Central Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1210x Fisher 1236x2 Fisher 1225x

Hey Capt,Truly a banner year for you man!!! I've been reading your posts whenever I catch 'em and you are an inspiration to alot of people,myself included and I'm going on my 27th year in this great hobby!Your silver totals are amazing,and although sceptical at first I have no doubt that you are an honest man and that your dedication to this hobby is unsurpassed!!! I hope '08 keeps you in good health and the silver keeps poppin' for you although with that kind of take I think your gonna have to travel a little more if your gonna keep up those kind of totals for '08 as you must have considerably thinned out the silver in the parks you've been hunting.I take it that 1858 O seated half must be your favorite coin this year as proudly as you've displayed it.It would have been my favorite find this year too if that little gold piece hadn't popped for me! I'll reiterate,turn that discriminator down and dig a little more junk and I'm sure you'll be rewarded with a gold piece too,you are definitely in the right geographic location!!! Congrats on making the banner man,you are definitely deserving!!!!!!!!! Bootstrap

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Park Hunting details?

Captain SE,

I expected a haul like yours from the BEACH in CA. YOU must be a genius at hunting.

Can you share some techniques with us? For example, what kind of parks do you hunt? You MUST have some tips for us on location within the parks: age of parks, big, small, hunting techniques, detector settings or type whatever...

Glad to hear God Blessed you with improving health. That is your most important find.

SnoreKneesDayton
The snow is here "6" and blowing at 13 degrees.

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The determination you have shown with the items you have found..........Shows us ,if you put your heart into it and over come obstacles. You can achieve almost anything! Good luck detecting in 2008

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

Dan, you are truly an amazing metal detecting specimen. Dude, ever since your first post on tnet, I always knew that you were a "special" addition to this sweet family here. Through the good times and the bad, you were determined to stay positive, allowing you to surpass any metal detecting or physical obstacles.

I can bet the farm that you will have another outstanding season in 2008. As always, keep the passion high, and swinging with an extreme fever.

Bone Dry Detecting...KylePA

P.S. Kirk and I are looking forward to more of the "covering ground" technique videos. :D

wirebender

Sep 11, 2007
California

Dan that is amazing, not just the finds and MD, but the partial recovery from gluten-sensitive enteropathy. I have a few friends with the celiac decease, and I believe it's a genetic disease ( the genes for the condition may be transmitted to some family members and not to others.) But even with the strict diet, they are not getting back to a good or better condition as well as you have, that is great! anyway, being a Doctor my self, that is not my specialty, but the two good friends with the condition told me about http://www.csaceliacs.org/ which they have a good support network there. Again, super wonderful finds and good control over your celiac sprue!.

WireBender(marcus)

F

Felinepeachy

HOLY SMOKES!!! :o You sure eat a lot of peanuts. Those finds are awesome!! I am blown away!!! OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

Captn ......

Your will, drive, and determination to overcome are truley Amazing !! To aim,focus and concentrate your mind on recovering the mini treasures and away from chronic fatique syndrome shows courage and human spirit !!

I'm here now 30 minutes thinking what to say and nothing works ! Impossible to grasp overcoming pain unless you've been through it !

All I can say is AWESOME post and I am more then happy your getting healthier day by day !
A New Year and wishes to you for 100% mobility, Good Health,and GREAT TREASURES !!!

Anything I can do for ya just ask !

D.
P/S ...LOVED the finds !!!!

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

CAPTN_SE

Thats
fireinsane[1].gif

I think you and CRACKBADGER should get in a fist fight - winner takes all!

Detector Gadget

Greenie
Dec 25, 2007
Detector(s) used
whites-prism 3, whites DFX

Looks like you had a fantastic year. I am happy for you. that was awesome.

Have a Happy 08

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread