2007 Big Isle of Hawaii Water Hunting finds 90+ rings etc..

OP
OP
finderzzs

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
SUPER COLLECTION....Those are some Gorgeous Rings! and very deserving banner photo.

Can't wait for 2008's collection. :)

Kona? Hilo? beaches

HH Joe

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds - I guess the rings make up for having to live on an island in the middle of the Pacific ;)

OP
OP
finderzzs

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
KONA SIDE, THERE ISN'T MUCH IN THE WAY OF BEACHES ON THE HILO SIDE, AND WHAT THERE IS IS VERY HARD TO HUNT.

DrJoePrime said:
SUPER COLLECTION....Those are some Gorgeous Rings! and very deserving banner photo.

Can't wait for 2008's collection. :)

Kona? Hilo? beaches

HH Joe

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
now that's what I call a collection.
you had a awesome year.
congrats on the banner

Axel

Sep 3, 2006
Australia , NSW
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
crikey!
great job!

i went detecting at the beach yesterday , i was shocked to see the place packed when we got there ,
so i went further along the beach and didnt even get a hit... i'm yet to find anything of value at the beach.. but it's all a learning curve and oneday i know i'll find something!

cheers AJ. ;D

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great collection of rings......One day I hope to find one of those , but when your hunting colonial sites 99% of the time, finding one of those would really be tough. HH

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
Beautiful finds, what equipment are you using and is there any special maintenance to keep it trouble free? Hard to beat a good detectorist with a good detector in an obviously rich area. Are these finds mostly in the drink or is some beach finds? Regardless, "You da Man" ,Mahalo.

OP
OP
finderzzs

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
Urban Prospector said:
Beautiful finds, what equipment are you using and is there any special maintenance to keep it trouble free? Hard to beat a good detectorist with a good detector in an obviously rich area. Are these finds mostly in the drink or is some beach finds? Regardless, "You da Man" ,Mahalo.
I've been using the Whites PI Pro, no maintenence just hose it down at night. All of it is from the water, anywhere from ankle deep to put on a snorkle and mask deep...

Mahalo to all for your kind words.

klava

Mar 13, 2007
Them there hills!
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistidor
Between you Crack and a few others you all are making it so much easier for me to move to florida(I know you arent in florida) I had already been planning on it and i would be living a mile and a half from Pompano Beach. Anyway Thats a great haul look forward to seeing what else you find:-)

-K

OP
OP
finderzzs

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
klava said:
Between you Crack and a few others you all are making it so much easier for me to move to florida(I know you arent in florida) I had already been planning on it and i would be living a mile and a half from Pompano Beach. Anyway Thats a great haul look forward to seeing what else you find:-)

-K
I moved here from Palm Beach, Florida... I love the beach at Pompano, that one and Deerfield are my personal favorite beaches. Unless you like young South American women sunbathing topless, than South Beach is the place to be. ;D

klava

Mar 13, 2007
Them there hills!
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistidor
Yeah im all for topless. Though I think that may be alittle bit of a distration if I were trying to do some serious md'ing lol

klava

Mar 13, 2007
Them there hills!
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistidor
My friends who i would be living with are on Atlantic blvd about a mile and a half from the beach so it would be perfect. once you get to the beach the peir is just up the beach a bit. I was there in july but there wasnt a whole lot of other people there. Did you have alot of luck hunting there? If so what are soem of the best places?

Thanks
-K

OP
OP
finderzzs

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
Thanks and Mahalo for all the great replies. That was a rebuilding year ;D Kinda like my Ol' Dolphins.. LOL.. ;D My best year so far was 85 pieces of gold and on one day that year I found 13 gold rings in one day!! So I have a real hard target to beat. Been out a few times so far this year but the waves are Horrible, I did get another big Sterling Hawaiian fish hook pendant on the beach. Aloha. finderzzs

Attachments

• kauai3.jpg
    kauai3.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 5,419
  • kauai3.jpg
    kauai3.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 5,422
  • How2crapinawetsuit.JPG
    How2crapinawetsuit.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 5,393

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!!! That about says it all!! Our granddaughter was born on the Hilo side last Feb.
Congratz and thanks for teh great pix!! I am ready for another visit!!

OP
OP
finderzzs

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
SeabeeRon said:
WOW!!!! That about says it all!! Our granddaughter was born on the Hilo side last Feb.
Congratz and thanks for teh great pix!! I am ready for another visit!!
Well give me a hollar when ya get here. I live on the Hilo side to.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
finderzzs - if you got out 45 times and found 35 gold rings you must have been coming home with gold rings almost every time out. That's pretty remarkable.

I have been to Kauai and Maui but not the the big island. If you did so well where you are I would think it would be even better on the other islands. Of coarse you might have more competition. Do you have much competition were you are?

So, I imagine most of that stuff will be sold..... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bob

OP
OP
finderzzs

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
Mirage said:
finderzzs - if you got out 45 times and found 35 gold rings you must have been coming home with gold rings almost every time out. That's pretty remarkable.

I have been to Kauai and Maui but not the the big island. If you did so well where you are I would think it would be even better on the other islands. Of coarse you might have more competition. Do you have much competition were you are?

So, I imagine most of that stuff will be sold..... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bob
You know I normally keep everything, but my house was recently broken into and they didn't take my rings so I scrapped the plain stuff, not the diamonds etc.
There are several hunters on this island but with beaches spread out, you don't often run into each other.
Plus I'm better than they are ;D ;D ;D :D
A couple of the rings including 2 diamond rings came from Kauai, I went hunting over there for a few days.
It's better, I think, to just get to really know your own beaches, although I love to take mini vacations.
And yes I normally come home with gold, It's irks me when I don't, considering I have to drive 100 miles each way and gas at $3.40/gal. Then the beaches are packed by noon 1 o'clock I have to start hunting at 6 am.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread