Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 2007 Big Isle of Hawaii Water Hunting finds 90+ rings etc..

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Being a gracious loser grows character, but I'm fine being a winner.

Mar 2007
    Them there hills!
    Tesoro Conquistidor
    3 times

Re: 2007 Big Isle of Hawaii Water Hunting finds 90+ rings etc..

Between you Crack and a few others you all are making it so much easier for me to move to florida(I know you arent in florida) I had already been planning on it and i would be living a mile and a half from Pompano Beach. Anyway Thats a great haul look forward to seeing what else you find:-)

-K

us
    May 2007
    Sunny South Florida
    White's Surf PI Pro, White's Dual Field, Garrett Ace 250
    82 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by klava
    Between you Crack and a few others you all are making it so much easier for me to move to florida(I know you arent in florida) I had already been planning on it and i would be living a mile and a half from Pompano Beach. Anyway Thats a great haul look forward to seeing what else you find:-)

-K
    I moved here from Palm Beach, Florida... I love the beach at Pompano, that one and Deerfield are my personal favorite beaches. Unless you like young South American women sunbathing topless, than South Beach is the place to be.
    FINDING NEEDLES IN HAYSTACKS, IT'S WHAT I DO.

Mar 2007
    Them there hills!
    Tesoro Conquistidor
    3 times

Yeah im all for topless. Though I think that may be alittle bit of a distration if I were trying to do some serious md'ing lol

Mar 2007
    Them there hills!
    Tesoro Conquistidor
    3 times

My friends who i would be living with are on Atlantic blvd about a mile and a half from the beach so it would be perfect. once you get to the beach the peir is just up the beach a bit. I was there in july but there wasnt a whole lot of other people there. Did you have alot of luck hunting there? If so what are soem of the best places?

Thanks
    -K

us
    Please leave a ring after the beep!

Sep 2004
    Aiken, SC
    Ace 250
    125 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

HOLY CRAP!! Awesome year you had. Keep up the great work! Thanks for sharing!

HH,
    Moon
    Even the mightiest Oak in the forest is just a little nut that held it's ground!!

Remember to take a walk in the shoes of a loser! Quote by Moonshadow 2/17

us
    May 2007
    Sunny South Florida
    82 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Thanks and Mahalo for all the great replies. That was a rebuilding year Kinda like my Ol' Dolphins.. LOL.. My best year so far was 85 pieces of gold and on one day that year I found 13 gold rings in one day!! So I have a real hard target to beat. Been out a few times so far this year but the waves are Horrible, I did get another big Sterling Hawaiian fish hook pendant on the beach. Aloha. finderzzs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kauai3.jpg 
Views:	5313 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	10150   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kauai3.jpg 
Views:	5321 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	178508   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	How2crapinawetsuit.JPG 
Views:	5291 
Size:	156.9 KB 
ID:	178509  

us
    We Build, We Fight!

Aug 2007
    Santa Cruz, CA.
    ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
    861 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

WOW!!!! That about says it all!! Our granddaughter was born on the Hilo side last Feb.
    Congratz and thanks for teh great pix!! I am ready for another visit!!
    SeabeeRon Santa Cruz,CA.

us
    May 2007
    Sunny South Florida
    82 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeeRon
    WOW!!!! That about says it all!! Our granddaughter was born on the Hilo side last Feb.
    Congratz and thanks for teh great pix!! I am ready for another visit!!
    Well give me a hollar when ya get here. I live on the Hilo side to.

Sep 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    35 times

finderzzs - if you got out 45 times and found 35 gold rings you must have been coming home with gold rings almost every time out. That's pretty remarkable.

I have been to Kauai and Maui but not the the big island. If you did so well where you are I would think it would be even better on the other islands. Of coarse you might have more competition. Do you have much competition were you are?

So, I imagine most of that stuff will be sold.....

Bob
    Minelab Exp II, Whites DFX, Whites Classic III(former Tejon, CoinStrike & Quattro user)

us
    May 2007
    Sunny South Florida
    82 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage
    finderzzs - if you got out 45 times and found 35 gold rings you must have been coming home with gold rings almost every time out. That's pretty remarkable.

I have been to Kauai and Maui but not the the big island. If you did so well where you are I would think it would be even better on the other islands. Of coarse you might have more competition. Do you have much competition were you are?

Bob
    You know I normally keep everything, but my house was recently broken into and they didn't take my rings so I scrapped the plain stuff, not the diamonds etc.
    There are several hunters on this island but with beaches spread out, you don't often run into each other.
    Plus I'm better than they are
    A couple of the rings including 2 diamond rings came from Kauai, I went hunting over there for a few days.
    It's better, I think, to just get to really know your own beaches, although I love to take mini vacations.
    And yes I normally come home with gold, It's irks me when I don't, considering I have to drive 100 miles each way and gas at $3.40/gal. Then the beaches are packed by noon 1 o'clock I have to start hunting at 6 am.

au
    Jan 2008
    Australia
    Ace 250, Whites PI Surf

It's obvious to me now that I must venture deeper into the water and get a long scoop, the surf is nearly always rough here, it's hard to stay on your feet, but I want that gold and it sure isn't on the dry sand. Well done and keep hunting mate, hope you have a great year!
    Just one more hole...Then I'll go home!

us
    May 2007
    Sunny South Florida
    82 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzygold
    It's obvious to me now that I must venture deeper into the water and get a long scoop, the surf is nearly always rough here, it's hard to stay on your feet, but I want that gold and it sure isn't on the dry sand. Well done and keep hunting mate, hope you have a great year!
    Yes it's a rough surf here in the winter also, but I find staying out deeper is not as bad except for the current a passing wave makes will sometimes move you several feet away from the hole your digging. One beach I hunt was named the worst beach in America for Spinal injuries due to the surf break.
    Hey... a Guys gotta do what a Guys gotta do.. right?

us
    Jan 2008
    Michigan
    Cibola

You could start your own pawn shop with that. Very nice.
    Guess what? I got a fever, and the only prescription... is more cowbell!

Aug 2006
    WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
    MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
    3 times

Quote Originally Posted by finderzzs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage

Bob
    You know I normally keep everything, but my house was recently broken into and they didn't take my rings so I scrapped the plain stuff, not the diamonds etc.
    There are several hunters on this island but with beaches spread out, you don't often run into each other.
    Plus I'm better than they are
    A couple of the rings including 2 diamond rings came from Kauai, I went hunting over there for a few days.
    It's better, I think, to just get to really know your own beaches, although I love to take mini vacations.
    And yes I normally come home with gold, It's irks me when I don't, considering I have to drive 100 miles each way and gas at $3.40/gal. Then the beaches are packed by noon 1 o'clock I have to start hunting at 6 am.
    now i can say i am truly humbled. i never water hunted because the beaches [chicago lake mich] were 25 miles or 45 min to a hours drive.i always felt it was too far.and i would be out gas money instead of a few bux profit
    SPINNER VALUE KEY: RED is METAL DETECT.LT  BLUE is AUCTION. DARK BLUE is GOLD MINING.GREEN is THRIFT STORE.YELLOW is GEM GRUBBIN.PINK is COIN ROLL HUNT.BROWN is BEACH AND SHALLOW WATER HUNT.ORANGE JUNK PICK AND OR METAL SCRAPPING

us
    I look foward to Coin Hunting anytime I get a chance...

Jan 2008
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    Garrett Ace 250
    3 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Wow...I'm very impressed with your bounty>>>RRRR!!! A pirate's life for you. You have a nice treasure chest going...Congrats
    Best Find Yet: 1853 $1 Gold Piece & Abe Lincoln Re-Election Pin 1864

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links