2007 Recap & totals - A good year for me

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
2007 Recap & totals - A good year for me

I am primarily a "coin shooter". My drive has been to find old coins. So in that respect 2007 was a good year for me. I ended up with over 80 silver coins for the year. I found my first Large Cent, my first Barber Half and first Canadian Silver. My son Nate had a decent year but he didn’t get out as much as I did due to High School extra curricular activities.

I did put in a lot of time detecting this year and got burned out near the end of the year.

Here are my totals for the year with some pictures.

HalfDollars.jpg

Quarters.jpg

BarberDimesandMercs.jpg

RosiesandNickels.jpg

LargeCentsandIHs.jpg

Surprisingly no key or even semi-key date wheat pennies. Best wheat penny finds were two 1909 VDBs in very nice condition.

WheatPennies2007total.jpg

I love finding old Canadian coins since they don’t show up that often. The 1870 “Vicky” is equivalent to our seated quarters. It was the first year the Canadian Quarter was minted. The 1882 Canadian Large Cent was a sweet find because it’s in nice condition.

CanadianSilver.jpg

CanadianLC.jpg

No ringmaster here. My ring count is very low. I typically don’t dig pull tab type signals because a lot of the places I hunt are loaded with the tabs.

Ringfinds800.jpg

I like to put my better keepers into coin flips labeled with where and when they were found. I find it helps recall the hunt and details of the hunt. I have some in a coinbook, some in a hobby chest, some according to different sites, some I gave away, etc.

Coinbook640.jpg

mytreasurechest640.jpg

TreasureChestcoindrawer2800.jpg

TreasureChestcoindrawer1800.jpg

My son and I combined our finds for the first couple years we detected together. Now we keep our finds separate. But for the purpose of continuing the next chart I combined my finds with Nate’s for 2007. The wheat penny count is not exact but within 50.

Breakdownof2007.jpg

I did find some cool tokens, relics and trinkets not shown. My clad total for the year was $72.

Bob

diggitdoggie

Sep 26, 2006
Ohio
Re: 2007 Recap & totals - A good year for me

Mirage,
Impressive..an understatement.
Once again, your photography is excellent.
You have made some truly beautiful finds.
You have found coins that many dream of finding.
I can't imagine digging that many wheat pennies.
I am sure 2008 will see you and Nate setting and meeting new goals and filling in the few remaining boxes on your chart.
I look forward to reading of those as well.

DD

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX

Bob you are definitely a great coin hunter...and I hope your 2008 is filled with alot of great hunts and finds...thanks for the outstanding photos which i am sure brought back some great memories... :)

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006

Outstanding finds and a impressive silver count.What areas do you mostly hunt?

OP
OP
Mirage

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH

Diggitdoggie said:
Mirage,
Impressive..an understatement.
Once again, your photography is excellent.
You have made some truly beautiful finds.
You have found coins that many dream of finding.
I can't imagine digging that many wheat pennies.
I am sure 2008 will see you and Nate setting and meeting new goals and filling in the few remaining boxes on your chart.
I look forward to reading of those as well.

DD

Thanks Diggit. I look forward to meeting you. I'm sure we will meet in '08.

DFX-Gregg said:
Bob you are definitely a great coin hunter...and I hope your 2008 is filled with alot of great hunts and finds...thanks for the outstanding photos which i am sure brought back some great memories... :)

Thanks Gregg. Your coin totals were crazy this year. It would take me 3 years to dig as many as you did this year.

LI Tom said:
Outstanding finds and a impressive silver count.What areas do you mostly hunt?

Tom, we hunt schools, parks, abandoned homes, private homes, public hunting land, old camps, etc. The best places have been old campgrounds, schools and groups of houses that were torn down to make parks. And Actually some of our well hunted local parks and schools have produced for us in 2007. Those are my favorite places to hunt because you don't have to deal with any brush, prickers and stuff.

Bob

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Thank's Bob...I think you just solved my 10 silver coin's for 07' deal......"brush,pricker's and stuff" ;D. That's something I hope to change this year is the coinage,not clad but the good coin's.Excellent year's end for you and Nate.Hope you can get out as much as last year and then some.Nice Stuff Bob....Congrat's and HH!! for 08'

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bob...that's a GREAT year and you have the best pics of any post I've ever seen. The best part of it though is that you got to spend quality hunt time with your son. I remember the great times I had hunting with my daughter when she was younger...but then came the boys :D

xtimgx

Mar 17, 2006
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic ID

Looks like a great year to me!

OP
OP
Mirage

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH

Thanks Civilman, Nick and xtimgx. Civilman - I do think a lot of good finds exist in the prickers cause no one wants to hunt there! :D

silverfreak said:
Bob...that's a GREAT year and you have the best pics of any post I've ever seen. The best part of it though is that you got to spend quality hunt time with your son. I remember the great times I had hunting with my daughter when she was younger...but then came the boys :D

Siverfreak - thanks. I do spend a lot of time taking pictures and making them look good. For every good picture I take I probably have 4-6 that didn't turn out well. If you get a good pic it's almost as enjoyable looking at the pics as it is the actual finds.
Yeah, Nate got sidetracked a bit by some girls but he's a die hard so it would take a lot to totally derail him. :) Maybe your daughter will come back to it when she gets older.

Bob

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Great finds. Thats alot of penny digging.

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,

Congrats on an Awesome year. I used to hunt land exclusively and can tell how many hours you must have put in. Hope '08 is even better for you.

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Looks like you had an excellent year. Hope you do as good or better in 2008. WTG

D

Driftking102

It still amazes me what people find! :) Great collection! :D

were562

Greenie
Nov 5, 2008
british columbia
Detector(s) used
whites MXT

Mirage said:
I am primarily a "coin shooter". My drive has been to find old coins. So in that respect 2007 was a good year for me. I ended up with over 80 silver coins for the year. I found my first Large Cent, my first Barber Half and first Canadian Silver. My son Nate had a decent year but he didn’t get out as much as I did due to High School extra curricular activities.

I did put in a lot of time detecting this year and got burned out near the end of the year.

Here are my totals for the year with some pictures.

HalfDollars.jpg

Quarters.jpg

BarberDimesandMercs.jpg

RosiesandNickels.jpg

LargeCentsandIHs.jpg

Surprisingly no key or even semi-key date wheat pennies. Best wheat penny finds were two 1909 VDBs in very nice condition.

WheatPennies2007total.jpg

I love finding old Canadian coins since they don’t show up that often. The 1870 “Vicky” is equivalent to our seated quarters. It was the first year the Canadian Quarter was minted. The 1882 Canadian Large Cent was a sweet find because it’s in nice condition.

CanadianSilver.jpg

CanadianLC.jpg

No ringmaster here. My ring count is very low. I typically don’t dig pull tab type signals because a lot of the places I hunt are loaded with the tabs.

Ringfinds800.jpg

I like to put my better keepers into coin flips labeled with where and when they were found. I find it helps recall the hunt and details of the hunt. I have some in a coinbook, some in a hobby chest, some according to different sites, some I gave away, etc.

Coinbook640.jpg

mytreasurechest640.jpg

TreasureChestcoindrawer2800.jpg

TreasureChestcoindrawer1800.jpg

My son and I combined our finds for the first couple years we detected together. Now we keep our finds separate. But for the purpose of continuing the next chart I combined my finds with Nate’s for 2007. The wheat penny count is not exact but within 50.

Breakdownof2007.jpg

I did find some cool tokens, relics and trinkets not shown. My clad total for the year was $72.

Bob
i love that canadian 25 cent peice its in great condition. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread