Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
2008 Find's....MXT Was Good To Me.....

In 2006 (Dec.) I purchased my MXT and it hasn't let me down yet....Well here they are,my Find's for the year of 2008....Man,what a ride it was!!!! :thumbsup: Last year compared to this year I'll admit "sucked".....Learn your machine,slow down and listen to what it's telling you....That's all I gotta say.I doubt I'll get out any more this year with Deer Hunting and the passing of my Dad ,I have some thing's I have to do.CW find's were great,my best so far and hopefully they'll get better.I've got alot of Pic's so I'll be posting in "spurt's" if you can stand it ::)

Civil War Find's for 2008:

PC080002.JPG
Some J-Hook's,pack stud's,gromett's and a couple toe plate's....

PC080003.JPG
Scabbard tip and Finial,Cartridge Box Finial,Kepi Buckle,Sword Hook Piece,Shoulder Scale Attachment,"I" Hat Pin,Hardee Hat Pin "shield piece".....

PC080007.JPG
Fuse(artillery)Plier's,Ramrod tip (Enfield),Hammer Ear tip,(2) Worm's,Spencer Cartridge,(17) Percussion Cap's......

PC080009.JPG
Enlisted Man's Shoulder Scale.....

PC080011.JPG
Some Iron......Trace Chain,part of a Curry Comb,Knife and Spoon,Hoof Pick....I found 2 but can't find the other one....

PC080018.JPG
My measely "Eagle's" for the year....Only one Cuff and a Flower Cuff,probably not CW but It's still cool...

16 More Pic's to go,so be patient......Thank's All.....

OP
OP
civilman1

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: 2008 Find's....MXT Was Good To Me.....

More.....

PC080014.JPG
My Pride and Joy's for this Year as far as CW find's....Finally some Button's with some Meaning :wink:

PC080020.JPG
U.S. Cartridge Box Plate with some piece's of another(skin and a piece).....

PC080026.JPG
Camp Lead.......Look's like this thing was "poked" from the fire with something....

PC080029.JPG
Some of the "Frag's" from this year....All Borman 12lb. Cannonball's,couple fused end piece's along with part's of a Schenkel and Borman Fuse with a lone "grape shot"......

PC080032.JPG
Iron Buckle's with some questionable Lead Sabot piece's....Don't Know!!!.....

PC080038.JPG
And some of the only coin's to come from the Battlefield.....And man what a Rush when they showed up!!!!!!....1833 Capped Bust 1/2 Dime,1853 Silver 3 Cent,1861 Seated 1/2 Dime,and an 1862(The Year of the Bloody Battle) Fatty IH...... :thumbsup:

More Coming......Sorry ;D

OP
OP
civilman1

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

More.....

PC080046.JPG
My First and Only Bale Seal......

PC080051.JPG
Some of my Older Coin's for the year.....So called 1695 William& Mary Planchet,1736 King George II, 2 1800's LC's,one with a Counter Stamp,1857 Flying Eagle Cent,1861,1864 Fatty,1865 and 1903 IH's....

PC080052.JPG
Some of my Newer Coin's for the year.....Wheatie's are:1910,28,29-s,30,34(2),35(2),39,40(2),44(3),45(3),46,57.........Buff's are a 34 and a 35-s.....Jefferson's are a 41,43-s,43-p,46,54-d,58-d......Washington Quarter's are a45 and a 51......

PC080055.JPG
Button's......Flat's,Tombac's and a couple of "Dandy's......

PC080059.JPG
Some Jewelry for the year.....Class Ring in which I got in touch with the owner and she said she would have her Husband pick it up from my work and never did,a Silver ring from my own yard,and a Silver "Angel" from a place up at my Brother's.......The Front 2 piece's came from a 1700's House,Brass wedding ring and a Solid Gold pin.....

PC080065.JPG
Some Misc. Relic's...Too Many to post........

Couple more pic's I promise.......Almost forgot my CW Lead for the Year ;D.....

OP
OP
civilman1

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

These last couple Pic's are my Lead Find's for the year.....I'm suprised I don't have lead poisoning after handling all of this crap......It's been a treat meeting up with some of you all on here and meeting up with some of you in the Future.

PC050037.JPG

PC050019.JPG
Smashed .69.....Poker Chip maybe......I'll leave it like that........

Thank's Everyone for looking,it was Great being part of "The Ride" and being a part of this Forum and seeing everyone's "Cool Find's"...........Gotta Love It :thumbsup:

JUNKYARD DOG

Feb 29, 2008
Mid Mo
Detector(s) used
DFX, COMPASS SCANNER,

You have been a very busy c man. Great year, real sorry to hear about your father, I lost my Mom this year, its tough. Hang in there and I cant wait to see what you find next year. Good Luck. Wes

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland

Joe, Not only are those some impressive finds, your
organizational skills are top notch!
There is no way I could mention any favorites from any
of your groupings because thay are all so cool!!!
Once again you have lived up to you name as "CIVILMAN"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
civilman1

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

JUNKYARD DOG said:
You have been a very busy c man. Great year, real sorry to hear about your father, I lost my Mom this year, its tough. Hang in there and I cant wait to see what you find next year. Good Luck. Wes
My Condolence's to You and Your's Wes.....Next Year can only get Better :thumbsup: Happy Holiday's and a Prosperous New Year to Ya!!!! :)

OP
OP
civilman1

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

tymcmurray said:
Joe, Not only are those some impressive finds, your
organizational skills are top notch!
There is no way I could mention any favorites from any
of your groupings because thay are all so cool!!!
Once again you have lived up to you name as "CIVILMAN"!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank's Ty......You don't believe me 'Hangin It Up" for the year already ;D Get a desk top calender and mark down the time's you get out,where,and what you found....You'll know excactly what you raked in for the year.Talk to later Bud :thumbsup:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Quitting so soon? 

:wink:

Looks like 2008 has been a Blast for you--a BIG congrats on your Fine button recoveries, and of course the beautiful, CW silver.   8)

Good to see a post as fine as this one.  There's nothing like a box of different calibers of CW bullets that is OVERFLOWING.  :thumbsup:

Now get on that electrolysis, brother.  It'll be Spring Window again before you know it.

Best Wishes to you for 2009  (and if you hunt any more in '08, we'll forgive ya for not posting it all here.   ;D )

-Buck 

P.S.

I see a little piece of dirt on one of those Pack Rivets you might wanna clean off :D :wink:

OP
OP
civilman1

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

BuckleBoy said:
Quitting so soon?

:wink:

Looks like 2008 has been a Blast for you--a BIG congrats on your Fine button recoveries, and of course the beautiful, CW silver. 8)

Good to see a post as fine as this one. There's nothing like a box of different calibers of CW bullets that is OVERFLOWING. :thumbsup:

Now get on that electrolysis, brother. It'll be Spring Window again before you know it.

Best Wishes to you for 2009 (and if you hunt any more in '08, we'll forgive ya for not posting it all here. ;D )

-Buck

P.S.

I see a little piece of dirt on one of those Pack Rivets you might wanna clean off :D :wink:
Thank's Buck....I'm thinking of stringing 5 5gal. bucket's in tandom for the Big Zap!!! ;D You're probably right,I might post something this evening. ::) Took the day off for a little Deer & Relic Hunting....who know's what I'll come home with.Thank's again......Let me know when you post so I can strap myself in :thumbsup:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

civilman1 said:
Thank's Buck....I'm thinking of stringing 5 5gal. bucket's in tandom for the Big Zap!!! ;D You're probably right,I might post something this evening. ::) Took the day off for a little Deer & Relic Hunting....who know's what I'll come home with.Thank's again......Let me know when you post so I can strap myself in :thumbsup:

LOL We'll make our Team post probably about the first week of January. I've got a week of hunting planned with my father the last week of 2008. :) Hope the weather is nice. I want to hunt with him while we still can.

Best Wishes,

Buckles

OP
OP
civilman1

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

BuckleBoy said:
civilman1 said:

LOL We'll make our Team post probably about the first week of January. I've got a week of hunting planned with my father the last week of 2008. :) Hope the weather is nice. I want to hunt with him while we still can.

Best Wishes,

Buckles
Amen Brother :thumbsup:

Hutch911

May 19, 2008
Linden, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000, Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

WOW you had one heck of a year and some wonderful finds that is one heck of a collection for one year :thumbsup: I am with you that MXT is a good machine just go slow and listen to what it is saying.

Thanks for showing hope to post mine soon still have a few weeks left in the year ;D

Hutch

OP
OP
civilman1

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Hutch911 said:
WOW you had one heck of a year and some wonderful finds that is one heck of a collection for one year :thumbsup: I am with you that MXT is a good machine just go slow and listen to what it is saying.

Thanks for showing hope to post mine soon still have a few weeks left in the year ;D

Hutch
Thank's Hutch,the MXT is a very good machine.....Stopped by the clover field on the way out this evening (couldn't resist)......Guess I'm back in the saddle again....One lonely "ball"......Happy Holiday's to You and Your's.....Need to get together and Hunt next year.Take Care.

Attachments

• PC090001.JPG
    PC090001.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,313

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Awesome finds,just curious it's hard to tell from the one pic,but the camp lead could this have been possibly a carved toy cannon that a soldier made and it exploded from gun powder.I have seen something like that before and thought i would ask.

Nova Treasure

Hutch911

May 19, 2008
Linden, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000, Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Same to you and your Family happy Holidays! Hay Next year is only a few week's away ! :thumbsup:

S

seger98

Those are some fantastic finds, I would love to find half as much, those coins are awesome.... Always enjoy your posts & finds! :thumbsup:

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

WOW! Looks like you had a great year. :wav:
Dman

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark

nice job on detecting! Love all the silver and civil war relics! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
civilman1

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

nova treasure said:
Awesome finds,just curious it's hard to tell from the one pic,but the camp lead could this have been possibly a carved toy cannon that a soldier made and it exploded from gun powder.I have seen something like that before and thought i would ask.

Nova Treasure
I don't know about a toy cannon Nova but it sure rang out on "overload" when I found it ;D Thank's for looking and Happy Holiday's to you and your's!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions