May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Firstly 2007 was the first time we totalled our finds. Although it was the first year, we know it was by far our best year to date. 2008 we set ourselves some targets based on our 2007 preformance & they were as follows:

Targets in 2008:
300 Roman Bronze Coins
10 Roman Silver Coins
50 Medieval Hammered Coins (this is the only one we didn't break) ::)

2007: 2008 RESULTS:
1 Celtic Bronze Coin 0
1 Celtic Silver Coin 3
0 Celtic Gold Coins (EVER) 2 (pictured)
234 Roman Bronze Coins 510
8 Roman Silver Coins 14
39 Medieval Hammered Coins 45

Notable Artefacts (Relics) this year were (all pictured below):
Lead Pilgrims Ampulla (for carry Holy water) - Complete!
Roman Key Handle
Possible Iron/Steel Weapon
Saxon/Viking Strapend
Roman Hippocampus Brooch with pin
Roman Mars Bust Knife Handle

After 20 years of detecting I finally found my Wish List No.1 (Celtic Gold Stater), not only that Dad got his first after over 10 years of detecting in the same year. Not only from the same tribe & ruler but the same type of coin only a different variant & found over 45 miles apart. Now this made it by far our best year without any other maths, however to top that I found two more of my top 5 wish list!

Those that UK detect on the run of the mill land that we have permission to do will know that the chances of us getting those Gold in the same year are as likely as us winning the lottery.

Now with the powers of the XP we are looking forward to an interesting, if not record breaking year, bring it on.............

2009 Targets:
600 Roman Bronze Coins
15 Roman Silver Coins
50 Hammered

Attachments

• 2008.JPG
    2008.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 526
  • 2008 .JPG
    2008 .JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 510

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
amazing totals!

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is truly amazing! Here I am trying to find coins from the 1800's and you're finding Midieval and Roman coinage/artifacts! That is just unbelievable!!

Congrats on your finds, you've really found some valuable history over the last 2 years.

Nat

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW..... I would think I had died and went to heaven just to find one of the above mentioned. Thanks for sharing the awesome finds with us over here (across the big pond) that will never be able to find what you have. I hope you have an even better year in 2009. Best to you and yours!!! :thumbsup:
DANGLANGLEY

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
very nice :thumbsup: i must have missed that weapon though!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on an incredible year, Cru.

I wish you an equally impressive 2009.

:)

Buckles

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cru, great post and a great year for you and your Dad! Seeing the history you are uncovering is great, your posts are usually very informative and educational. Thanks................

May 2009 be just as productive for you and hopefully more finds of artifacts to fill holes in your collection!

Don

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don in SJ said:
Cru, great post and a great year for you and your Dad! Seeing the history you are uncovering is great, your posts are usually very informative and educational. Thanks................

May 2009 be just as productive for you and hopefully more finds of artifacts to fill holes in your collection!

Don

Thanks, Don & everyone else.

I have gained a new confidence with my new machine & even though I'm far from understanding every signal, I'm sure that our totals for this year are going to be outstanding! (& yes its about filling those gaps :wink: )

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
Don in SJ said:
Don
Thanks, Don & everyone else.
I have gained a new confidence with my new machine & even though I far from understanding every signal, I'm sure that our totals for this year are going to be outstanding! (& yes it about filling those gaps :wink: )
Great finds in 2008 Cru! Great that the learning curve seems to be moving in a positive direction... It just takes time, but you know that already. After a time you can't really remember how the signals were with the old machine.... Have a great 2009!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Crusader....the pic's tell it very well,most people(me included) wouldn't have posted the few find's you have posted but all year long we have seen all the "field's" and "find's" from you and your Dad and they have been incredible......Thank's for an outstanding year of find's from across the Pond.....They are indeed the Best.Thank your Dad too......Happy New Year!!!! :thumbsup:

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
I have gained a new confidence with my new machine & even though I far from understanding every signal, I'm sure that our totals for this year are going to be outstanding!

I think so too!!

You and Cru'Dad had an outstanding '08, and I think '09 will be even better.

Good luck!!

CAPTN SE
Dan

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sader, your posts always expand my horizon and encourage me to look outside my own little world. :)

Congratulations to both you and your father. Thanks for keeping us educated about what's on the other side of the pond. :thumbsup:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crusader, those are excellent finds as always. :thumbsup: Hopefully you'll fulfill your goals for '09, best of luck and happy hunting!

:wink: RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread