2008 my best year EVER for Silver and Injuns.

Dr. Ace

Nov 4, 2007
South-Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Ace 250
Bryce,

Congrats on an outstanding year - and a great write up, too! Your passion for the hobby shines through every post. You are an inspiration to us all. Good luck this year, and may the coins keep coming your way.

Stay safe and healthy.

HH,

Dr. Ace

Brian in MA

Sep 4, 2004
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other
Bryce, that would be an amazing display of finds for a lifetime, let alone for a single year......

There are no other posts that I look more forward to reading than yours. Well, that's not really true. I enjoy everyones posts. But, yours are always special.

Besides the fact that you can bet your bottom dollar that your posts will always contain at least one silver and one injun they are also very well written. Sometimes I feel like I was there in the field watching you dig.

You have taught us a lot (especially Explorer users) by sharing your hunt stories and techniques and have also inspired us all with your heart felt posts. .

I know you had a very difficult year emotionally. But, find-wise you are on top of the world.

I sincerely hope that 2009 is a much less difficult year emotionally and just as good and hopefully better as far as the hunting goes.

I can't wait to see your posts once you get back out there in the spring....

Take care,

Brian

Ohio Jerry

Feb 20, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Impressive pile of silver Bryce!! Even more impressive is how deep most of them were lurking only to have you and that SE sniff 'em out! :thumbsup:
Jerry

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Buzzard King said:
Bryce, those totals are INSANE!
You got 15 pages worth of keepers, if you put them in 2x2's at 20 per page! lol.
I'm LUCKY if I can add 4-5 pages worth of keepers to my collection a year.
That IS going to be a TOUGH record to ever beat. Without moving! ;D
Congratulations on the awesome detecting year!
116 Mercury Dimes, 32 Barber Dimes, and 103 Indians?

:o INSANE!!! :o
Thanks BK. I know I will never hit these totals again....cause I aint movin' ;D

t-bucket said:
Congrats on a Great year.I wish we lived a little closer so we could hunt more often. But if you did their would not be any silver from mid Illinois to southern Illinois. HA. HA. I am glad we got to hunt and looking forward to more. Have a Good one !!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks G-Money. We'll find some spot that's halfway for both of us...and maybe we con pop out some goodies.

John Deere Digger said:
Amazing year Bryce, I hope to get 100 silver for 09, only had 31 this year. It was great hunting with you. You helped me out alot on getting those iffy signals. I will look into a spot that is halfway for both of us. Good luck for 09, like you need it, you are a Pro.
JDD
Thanks JDD. You find us a spot..and me...you...and G-Money will pound it. You had a great year buddy...and really started clicking with your machine.

gold nuggets said:
Congratulations on a great year Bryce. :thumbsup:
Your totals, pictures and posts were all impressive to say the least!!
Continued success and best wishes for another great year in 2009.
Gold Nuggets :icon_jokercolor:
Thanks G.N. Good luck to you in 09 too.

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Bryce Old Buddy. That is a great collection. :thumbsup:

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Bryce,
You had an awesome year metal detecting but a sad year with the loss of your Mother. I hope 2009 will be a good year for you. In your life as well as detecting.
Dman

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kimsdad said:
Wow, Bryce!! That's just incredible! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You are one of the true "Kings of the SE" and an inspiration!! :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king:

I know I've enjoyed all your posts and the tips they contain. I'm truly sorry that you lost your mom, but glad to see that you know she is out there hunting with you. :wink:

I know I've had a lot of questions about this darn SE, and I want to thank you for taking the time to answer any question I asked. I hope that you have a great '09! ;D
Neil
Thanks Neil. Buddy...feel free to message me anytime you want to. You can never ask too many questions about these machines. That's what makes this forum so great...because we can pick each other's brains :thumbsup:

Captn_SE said:
Hey Bryce!!

What a year, huh? :o :o :o Your passion is so high for the hobby, and it shows in your presentations and finds!!

"...more barber dimes than Rosies!!!" ::) ::) That's exactly what I did on my trip to Iowa in '07. Couldn't figure out where all the Rosies were. :icon_scratch: Then I realized how many md'ers had detected the area I was detecting when a local explained to me of the detecting club in town. His eyes popped out of his head when I showed him my finds. He said he hadn't seen finds like that in years there.

I enjoyed each and every one of your posts in '08. I always know when you post, it's going to be good!! You certainly make the most of your pounded hunting sites. And best of all, detecting has brought more than just finds to both of us. You feel a peace come over you, lightening the load on stressful times, than can be unmatched by anything else. I feel that too, buddy.

Wishing you the very best in '09!! You're a great friend, who I hope to be able to someday meet.
I know this is your off season, so hang tight. I will try to keep posting some deepies for you to look at while you're off.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan
Thanks brother. I too wish we could meet and hunt someday. That would be truly awesome...and I bet we could scareup a wheatie or two :thumbsup: I appreciate the kind words about my posts...and I always look forward to yours too...'cause I know there's gonna' be some shiny stuff in it :thumbsup:
Take care my friend...and keep the shiny stuff coming while my ground is frozen ;D

UTcoinshootR

Mar 5, 2008
UT!
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, DFX300
Wow. That is just awesome. Rough year, but great finds. Your posts always motivate me to find more.

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brian in MA said:
Bryce, that would be an amazing display of finds for a lifetime, let alone for a single year......

There are no other posts that I look more forward to reading than yours. Well, that's not really true. I enjoy everyones posts. But, yours are always special.

Besides the fact that you can bet your bottom dollar that your posts will always contain at least one silver and one injun they are also very well written. Sometimes I feel like I was there in the field watching you dig.

You have taught us a lot (especially Explorer users) by sharing your hunt stories and techniques and have also inspired us all with your heart felt posts. .

I know you had a very difficult year emotionally. But, find-wise you are on top of the world.

I sincerely hope that 2009 is a much less difficult year emotionally and just as good and hopefully better as far as the hunting goes.

I can't wait to see your posts once you get back out there in the spring....

Take care,

Brian

Thanks Brian. Responses like yours help keep a smile on my face through the winter months. I really appreciate what you said about looking forward to my posts....it means a lot to me. If my posts have helped people in any way...I('m flattered. Take care buddy...and have a great '09

twincapes said:
Sweet finds, Bryce! Really nice collection for just one year. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks buddy.

Dr. Ace said:
Bryce,

Congrats on an outstanding year - and a great write up, too! Your passion for the hobby shines through every post. You are an inspiration to us all. Good luck this year, and may the coins keep coming your way.

Stay safe and healthy.

HH,

Dr. Ace
Thanks Dr. Ace. I hope we all have a great '09.

vpone said:
bryce man,

simply inspiring ... i think i'm going to tailor my detecting routine to include more parks

thanks man & congrats to you for an awesome year

kevin
Thanks bro. Yeo...I'd say you need to take that E-trac to some beat up parks and seewhat pops out :thumbsup:

Goes4ever said:
awesome year of finds! I can only dream of finding so many in a years time!
Thanks G-4

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UTcoinshootR said:
Wow. That is just awesome. Rough year, but great finds. Your posts always motivate me to find more.

Thanks UT

Dman said:
Bryce,
You had an awesome year metal detecting but a sad year with the loss of your Mother. I hope 2009 will be a good year for you. In your life as well as detecting.
Dman
Thanks D. I appreciate it my friend

dazoff said:
Great season best on 2009 HH Dan :thumbsup:
Thanks Dan

Ohio Jerry said:
Impressive pile of silver Bryce!! Even more impressive is how deep most of them were lurking only to have you and that SE sniff 'em out! :thumbsup:
Jerry
Thanks O.J. I hope next year is a good one too. I don't expect anything like this one...but it's all about fun...and peace of mind. I just love it. Take care buddy.

itbeepsidig

Oct 8, 2007
Those are incredible totals. I always look forward to your posts and have learned a lot from reading them. Congratulations on a great year and I hope 2009 is good too.

itbeepsidig

Oct 8, 2007
Bryce ...I was curious if you used peroxide on your indian heads or how you cleaned them. I didn't want to bother you with an email but would like to know when you have time. Thank you

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morgan? 1831 Caped Bust Dime, ohh, you so kicked my ass with just those two. You had one killer year. I am now depressed. Thanks a bunch.

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing finds!! Glad the year went well. :tongue3: :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread