2008 my best year EVER for Silver and Injuns.

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't even know how to begin to describe the whirlwind 2008 I had. With the loss of my mom...it seemed as though the walls were closing in...and there was nothing I could do about it. ???

I do know one thing though...without the joys and thrills of metal detecting...along with the soothing calm it brings...I truthfully don't think I could have made it through with any sanity left. :thumbsup:

This forum...and the great people here..have truly become "family" to me. Each and every one of you who clicked on one of my posts...shared a glimpse into my life and one of my hunts. :thumbsup:

I met a lot of "good" people in 2008 through responses to my posts...pm's...phone calls...actual hunts...etc.

I met for the first time...and hunted with Nick Pappagiorgio. What a great time that was...although lunch was even better...'cause he brought us some "sammies" :thumbsup:

I also hunted with t-bucket and John Deer Digger...and had a great time then too.

I annialated my previous year end totals for silver and injuns...and then suffered the loss my loving mom all in the same year. A complete rollercoaster of some of the happiest times of my life...along with the saddest moment of my life thus far.

I received a zillion pm's asking for settings tips..advice... opinions....condolences on the loss of my mom....and some to just to talk detectin'. I can honestly say that I appreciated each and every one of them...and was flattered to be respected enough that you would ask me. I can also honestly say that I answered each of you with a truthful opinion and an honest assessment based on my in field experimenting...and the end results I obtained. I never told anyone what would work...but I did tell you what worked for me...and that you were welcome to give it a try. :wink:

From a detecting standpoint....I am amazed at the amount of silver and injuns I was able to pull from the exact same pounded parks I beat up last year....and the years before. There is no secret...honestly....I have found the slower I go...the more I find. This year I was able to reach the depths needed to hit a layer of "older" era of coins unlike any previous year. :thumbsup:

Last year I set personal bests in silver totals with 102. This year I ended up with 206. I'll tell you what...you know you are getting older, "missed" coins when you find more Barber dimes than Roosevelt dimes in a year. :headbang: I found 32 Barber dimes this year...but only 31 Roosevelts..which attests to the fact that most of the coins from 4" to 7" were gone from these parks I hunt. :thumbsup:

What means the most to me though... is the number of old injuns I pulled out this year. No way I'll ever dream of anything close to this again.
Last year I blew away my previous best year ever total of 37...by finding 40.

This year was incredible...and I was able to pop out 103 Injuns. :thumbsup: In fact the last few hunts I had...I didn't even find any wheaties....or mercs...which again attest to the fact that all the coins from 4" to 7" were long gone from most of these parks.

I ended the year with 206 Silver coins....103 Injuns...around 600 wheaties...a couple of gold rings...$238 in clad quarters and dimes...and some great new friends.

My most memorable find of the year...and of my life though...is the 1941 Merc I found at my mom's old house the day she passed away. :angel7:

Thanks again for sharing 08 with me...and I'm glad to have gotten to know you all. :hello:

I did the best I could with the pics. I couldn't fit all of the coins in because you are only allotted a certain number of pics per post. The breakdown of coins is as follows:

Clad: $238
1 - Morgan Dollar
2 - Barber Halves
1 - Walking Liberty Half
8 - Washington Quarters
3 - Barber Quarters
4 - standing Liberty quarters
1 - seated Quarter
1 - English 3 Pence Silver
1 - Half Dime
1 - Canadian Fish Scale
4 - Seated Dimes
116 - Mercury Dimes
32 - Barber Dimes
31 - Roosevelt Dimes
103 - Indian Head Cents
600 - wheaties

Attachments

• yearend1.jpg
    yearend1.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 1,519
  • yearenda2.jpg
    yearenda2.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 1,511
  • yearenda3.jpg
    yearenda3.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 1,512
  • yearenda4.jpg
    yearenda4.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,506
  • yearenda5.jpg
    yearenda5.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 1,503
  • yearenda6.jpg
    yearenda6.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 1,497
  • dollarnail.jpg
    dollarnail.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 1,472
S

seger98

Wow what an incredible year of detecting! Hard to imagine you doing better then that this year but I hope you do! :thumbsup:

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great year! I hope I don't go to the parks that you went to, because then I won't find anything. ;D Those are really some awesome finds. Still looking for my first seated and Barber. Hopefully I'll be able to extract 'em with the Etrac. HH and a prosperous 2009. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
crazyjarhead said:
It looks like a tie between you, Bryce and Dan :o Outstanding finds. Looks like you have a ton of IH's :o

Is there another "Bryce" ???

Bryce ~ Congratulations on a STELLAR year ... Looking forward to hooking up again in 09 ...

Bravo my friend & a Job well done ~ Nick
Thanks Nick...my brother. Yep...next season will be here soon...so get ready...'cause we'll hook up again.

goldencoin said:
amazing digs!

HH
-GC
Thanks G.C.

crazyjarhead said:
It looks like a tie between you, Bryce and Dan :o Outstanding finds. Looks like you have a ton of IH's :o
Thanks CJH. Did you have my post mixed up with someone elses? You mentioned another person :wink:

jon_giebult said:
What a great year! I hope I don't go to the parks that you went to, because then I won't find anything. ;D Those are really some awesome finds. Still looking for my first seated and Barber. Hopefully I'll be able to extract 'em with the Etrac. HH and a prosperous 2009. :thumbsup:
Thanks friend. I bet the E-trac will sniff some goodies out for you next season :thumbsup:

seger98 said:
Wow what an incredible year of detecting! Hard to imagine you doing better then that this year but I hope you do! :thumbsup:

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Thanks my friend. No way I'll ever top this year...but that's okay :thumbsup:

Ohio Jerry

Feb 20, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
crazyjarhead said:

Is there another "Bryce" ???

Bryce ~ Congratulations on a STELLAR year ... Looking forward to hooking up again in 09 ...

Bravo my friend & a Job well done ~ Nick
Welcome home Nick!

JUNKYARD DOG

Feb 29, 2008
Mid Mo
Detector(s) used
DFX, COMPASS SCANNER,
Hello my friend. Your detecting and knowledge of your detector is unmatched in my book. You had a outstanding year as far as the detecting goes and may this year bring you even more. I have a long way to go when it comes to knowing what I am doing but looking at what you have accomplished makes me really want to learn. Thanks for sharing. Good luck and keep swinging. Wes

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's an incredible amount of coin, Bryce..you are really showing us how it's done and I don't know too many people that enjoy this hobby more than you do! What an outstanding year!

Congrats :thumbsup:
Nat

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds, Bryce :thumbsup: Best of luck and happy hunting!

:wink: RR

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on a great year Bryce. :thumbsup:
Your totals, pictures and posts were all impressive to say the least!!
Continued success and best wishes for another great year in 2009.
Gold Nuggets :icon_jokercolor:

John Deere Digger

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2007
So Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Prism5, Minelab SE
Amazing year Bryce, I hope to get 100 silver for 09, only had 31 this year. It was great hunting with you. You helped me out alot on getting those iffy signals. I will look into a spot that is halfway for both of us. Good luck for 09, like you need it, you are a Pro.
JDD

t-bucket

Bronze Member
Oct 7, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
e-track- Explorer SE explorer 2 -
Congrats on a Great year.I wish we lived a little closer so we could hunt more often. But if you did their would not be any silver from mid Illinois to southern Illinois. HA. HA. I am glad we got to hunt and looking forward to more. Have a Good one !!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The Buzzard King

Mar 29, 2005
N.E.P.A.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-5, Fisher 1280-X
Bryce, those totals are INSANE!
You got 15 pages worth of keepers, if you put them in 2x2's at 20 per page! lol.
I'm LUCKY if I can add 4-5 pages worth of keepers to my collection a year.
That IS going to be a TOUGH record to ever beat. Without moving! ;D
Congratulations on the awesome detecting year!
116 Mercury Dimes, 32 Barber Dimes, and 103 Indians?

:o INSANE!!! :o

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Natman said:
That's an incredible amount of coin, Bryce..you are really showing us how it's done and I don't know too many people that enjoy this hobby more than you do! What an outstanding year!

Congrats :thumbsup:
Nat
Thanks Nat. If I didn't have this hobby my friend....I don't think I would have any sanity left. It means so much more to me than you can imagine :thumbsup:

JUNKYARD DOG said:
Hello my friend. Your detecting and knowledge of your detector is unmatched in my book. You had a outstanding year as far as the detecting goes and may this year bring you even more. I have a long way to go when it comes to knowing what I am doing but looking at what you have accomplished makes me really want to learn. Thanks for sharing. Good luck and keep swinging. Wes
I appreciate all you've said Wes. It means a lot to me if I have inspired anyone in any way. I hope you have a tremendous 2009 my friend...and a safe one as well. The best tip I could give anyone would be....there are no secrets or shortcuts...sure there are some settings that work well for a few of us...but the main thing is to just slow down and spend the time in the field getting to know whatever machine you are using. Take care buddy...and if I can ever help you in any way....feel free to send me a message.

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hey Bryce!!

What a year, huh? :o :o :o Your passion is so high for the hobby, and it shows in your presentations and finds!!

"...more barber dimes than Rosies!!!" ::) ::) That's exactly what I did on my trip to Iowa in '07. Couldn't figure out where all the Rosies were. :icon_scratch: Then I realized how many md'ers had detected the area I was detecting when a local explained to me of the detecting club in town. His eyes popped out of his head when I showed him my finds. He said he hadn't seen finds like that in years there.

I enjoyed each and every one of your posts in '08. I always know when you post, it's going to be good!! You certainly make the most of your pounded hunting sites. And best of all, detecting has brought more than just finds to both of us. You feel a peace come over you, lightening the load on stressful times, than can be unmatched by anything else. I feel that too, buddy.

Wishing you the very best in '09!! You're a great friend, who I hope to be able to someday meet.
I know this is your off season, so hang tight. I will try to keep posting some deepies for you to look at while you're off.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Wow, Bryce!! That's just incredible! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You are one of the true "Kings of the SE" and an inspiration!! :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king:

I know I've enjoyed all your posts and the tips they contain. I'm truly sorry that you lost your mom, but glad to see that you know she is out there hunting with you. :wink:

I know I've had a lot of questions about this darn SE, and I want to thank you for taking the time to answer any question I asked. I hope that you have a great '09! ;D
Neil

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RONC(OR) said:
WoW Bryce What a great bunch of coins Congrats :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks Ron. Good luck to you in 09 my friend.

River Rat said:
Excellent finds, Bryce :thumbsup: Best of luck and happy hunting!

:wink: RR
Thanks RR. I hope you have a safe and happy new year too.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome year of finds! I can only dream of finding so many in a years time!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions