2008 my best year EVER for Silver and Injuns.
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Charter Member
    Bryce-IL

Aug 2007
    Wherever Silver's Hidin'
    Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
    1063 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

2008 my best year EVER for Silver and Injuns.

I don't even know how to begin to describe the whirlwind 2008 I had. With the loss of my mom...it seemed as though the walls were closing in...and there was nothing I could do about it.

I do know one thing though...without the joys and thrills of metal detecting...along with the soothing calm it brings...I truthfully don't think I could have made it through with any sanity left.

This forum...and the great people here..have truly become "family" to me. Each and every one of you who clicked on one of my posts...shared a glimpse into my life and one of my hunts.

I met a lot of "good" people in 2008 through responses to my posts...pm's...phone calls...actual hunts...etc.

I met for the first time...and hunted with Nick Pappagiorgio. What a great time that was...although lunch was even better...'cause he brought us some "sammies"

I also hunted with t-bucket and John Deer Digger...and had a great time then too.

I annialated my previous year end totals for silver and injuns...and then suffered the loss my loving mom all in the same year. A complete rollercoaster of some of the happiest times of my life...along with the saddest moment of my life thus far.

I received a zillion pm's asking for settings tips..advice... opinions....condolences on the loss of my mom....and some to just to talk detectin'. I can honestly say that I appreciated each and every one of them...and was flattered to be respected enough that you would ask me. I can also honestly say that I answered each of you with a truthful opinion and an honest assessment based on my in field experimenting...and the end results I obtained. I never told anyone what would work...but I did tell you what worked for me...and that you were welcome to give it a try.

From a detecting standpoint....I am amazed at the amount of silver and injuns I was able to pull from the exact same pounded parks I beat up last year....and the years before. There is no secret...honestly....I have found the slower I go...the more I find. This year I was able to reach the depths needed to hit a layer of "older" era of coins unlike any previous year.

Last year I set personal bests in silver totals with 102. This year I ended up with 206. I'll tell you what...you know you are getting older, "missed" coins when you find more Barber dimes than Roosevelt dimes in a year. I found 32 Barber dimes this year...but only 31 Roosevelts..which attests to the fact that most of the coins from 4" to 7" were gone from these parks I hunt.

What means the most to me though... is the number of old injuns I pulled out this year. No way I'll ever dream of anything close to this again.
    Last year I blew away my previous best year ever total of 37...by finding 40.

This year was incredible...and I was able to pop out 103 Injuns. In fact the last few hunts I had...I didn't even find any wheaties....or mercs...which again attest to the fact that all the coins from 4" to 7" were long gone from most of these parks.

I ended the year with 206 Silver coins....103 Injuns...around 600 wheaties...a couple of gold rings...$238 in clad quarters and dimes...and some great new friends.

My most memorable find of the year...and of my life though...is the 1941 Merc I found at my mom's old house the day she passed away.

Thanks again for sharing 08 with me...and I'm glad to have gotten to know you all.

I did the best I could with the pics. I couldn't fit all of the coins in because you are only allotted a certain number of pics per post. The breakdown of coins is as follows:

Clad: $238
    1 - Morgan Dollar
    2 - Barber Halves
    1 - Walking Liberty Half
    8 - Washington Quarters
    3 - Barber Quarters
    4 - standing Liberty quarters
    1 - seated Quarter
    1 - English 3 Pence Silver
    1 - Half Dime
    1 - Canadian Fish Scale
    4 - Seated Dimes
    116 - Mercury Dimes
    32 - Barber Dimes
    31 - Roosevelt Dimes
    103 - Indian Head Cents
    600 - wheaties
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yearend1.jpg 
Views:	1463 
Size:	183.2 KB 
ID:	259464   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yearenda2.jpg 
Views:	1455 
Size:	135.0 KB 
ID:	259465   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yearenda3.jpg 
Views:	1452 
Size:	176.0 KB 
ID:	259466   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yearenda4.jpg 
Views:	1450 
Size:	184.9 KB 
ID:	259467   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yearenda5.jpg 
Views:	1447 
Size:	180.7 KB 
ID:	259468  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yearenda6.jpg 
Views:	1444 
Size:	172.3 KB 
ID:	259469   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dollarnail.jpg 
Views:	1414 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	259470  
    My field test of the Sunray X-5 coil is published in the May 2010 Issue of Western & Eastern Treasures.

My field test of the Sunray X-12 Coil is published in the June 2010 Issue of Western & Eastern Treasures.

My field test of the Coiltek 5x7 Coil is published in the July 2012 Issue of Western & Eastern Treasures.

My "Deep Coin" Explorer settings, and finds are published in Andy Sabisch's Minelab Explorer & E-Trac Handbook.

Here's the story of my BEST FIND EVERhttp://www.treasurenet.com/forums/be...find-ever.html

seger98

Re: 2008 my best year EVER for Silver and Injuns.

Wow what an incredible year of detecting! Hard to imagine you doing better then that this year but I hope you do!

pl
    Mar 2008
    Deep Silver Seeker 3000
    11 times
    Banner Finds (2)

What a great year! I hope I don't go to the parks that you went to, because then I won't find anything. Those are really some awesome finds. Still looking for my first seated and Barber. Hopefully I'll be able to extract 'em with the Etrac. HH and a prosperous 2009.
    2012Counts:
    Barber 1/2= ;WLH 1/2= ;FRH= ; SeQ=; SLQ=1 SWQ=5; Barber Q= ; Seated D.= ; Barber Dime=4 ; Merc's=9; Roosies=6; War Nickels=1; Foreign Silver=1
    Silver=27 Gold=4

us
    Sep 2007
    N. San Diego County
    Ace 250
    42 times
    Metal Detecting

It looks like a tie between you, Bryce and Dan Outstanding finds. Looks like you have a ton of IH's

us
    Sep 2005
    Indiana
    Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
    418 times

amazing digs!

HH
    -GC

Charter Member
    Bryce-IL

Aug 2007
    Wherever Silver's Hidin'
    Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
    1063 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Pappagiorgio
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyjarhead
    It looks like a tie between you, Bryce and Dan Outstanding finds. Looks like you have a ton of IH's
    Is there another "Bryce"

Bryce ~ Congratulations on a STELLAR year ... Looking forward to hooking up again in 09 ...

Bravo my friend & a Job well done ~ Nick
    Thanks Nick...my brother. Yep...next season will be here soon...so get ready...'cause we'll hook up again.

Quote Originally Posted by goldencoin
    amazing digs!

HH
    -GC
    Thanks G.C.

Thanks CJH. Did you have my post mixed up with someone elses? You mentioned another person

Quote Originally Posted by jon_giebult
    What a great year! I hope I don't go to the parks that you went to, because then I won't find anything. Those are really some awesome finds. Still looking for my first seated and Barber. Hopefully I'll be able to extract 'em with the Etrac. HH and a prosperous 2009.
    Thanks friend. I bet the E-trac will sniff some goodies out for you next season

Quote Originally Posted by seger98
    Wow what an incredible year of detecting! Hard to imagine you doing better then that this year but I hope you do!

Thanks my friend. No way I'll ever top this year...but that's okay
    My field test of the Sunray X-5 coil is published in the May 2010 Issue of Western & Eastern Treasures.

My field test of the Sunray X-12 Coil is published in the June 2010 Issue of Western & Eastern Treasures.

My field test of the Coiltek 5x7 Coil is published in the July 2012 Issue of Western & Eastern Treasures.

My "Deep Coin" Explorer settings, and finds are published in Andy Sabisch's Minelab Explorer & E-Trac Handbook.

Here's the story of my BEST FIND EVERhttp://www.treasurenet.com/forums/be...find-ever.html

Feb 2008
    Ohio
    Whites DFX
    125 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Pappagiorgio
    Is there another "Bryce"

Bryce ~ Congratulations on a STELLAR year ... Looking forward to hooking up again in 09 ...

Bravo my friend & a Job well done ~ Nick
    Welcome home Nick!

us
    Feb 2008
    Mid Mo
    DFX, COMPASS SCANNER,
    7 times

Hello my friend. Your detecting and knowledge of your detector is unmatched in my book. You had a outstanding year as far as the detecting goes and may this year bring you even more. I have a long way to go when it comes to knowing what I am doing but looking at what you have accomplished makes me really want to learn. Thanks for sharing. Good luck and keep swinging. Wes

us
    Your best find is still in the ground somewhere

Jan 2007
    Hazelwood, MO
    White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
    421 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

That's an incredible amount of coin, Bryce..you are really showing us how it's done and I don't know too many people that enjoy this hobby more than you do! What an outstanding year!

Congrats
    Nat

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2006
    SE Louisiana
    Garrett AT Pro & Ace 250
    2462 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Excellent finds, Bryce Best of luck and happy hunting!

RR

us
    Aug 2006
    Eugene ,OR
    Etrac/ X-8-X-1/ /Excalibur 2/AuqaHog ~yayer
    8 times

WoW Bryce What a great bunch of coins Congrats
    Finding a Ring is a Treasure Returning a Ring is a Great Treasure HH

us
    Apr 2008
    Springfield, Oregon
    Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
    176 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Congratulations on a great year Bryce.
    Your totals, pictures and posts were all impressive to say the least!!
    Continued success and best wishes for another great year in 2009.
    Gold Nuggets
    It's amazing just how much treasure people loose and we manage to find.

Aug 2007
    So Illinois
    DFX, Prism5, Minelab SE
    5 times

Amazing year Bryce, I hope to get 100 silver for 09, only had 31 this year. It was great hunting with you. You helped me out alot on getting those iffy signals. I will look into a spot that is halfway for both of us. Good luck for 09, like you need it, you are a Pro.
    JDD

us
    Oct 2007
    Southern Illinois
    e-track- Explorer SE explorer 2 -
    2 times

Congrats on a Great year.I wish we lived a little closer so we could hunt more often. But if you did their would not be any silver from mid Illinois to southern Illinois. HA. HA. I am glad we got to hunt and looking forward to more. Have a Good one !!!

Mar 2005
    N.E.P.A.
    Fisher CZ-5, Fisher 1280-X
    5 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Bryce, those totals are INSANE!
    You got 15 pages worth of keepers, if you put them in 2x2's at 20 per page! lol.
    I'm LUCKY if I can add 4-5 pages worth of keepers to my collection a year.
    That IS going to be a TOUGH record to ever beat. Without moving!
    Congratulations on the awesome detecting year!
    116 Mercury Dimes, 32 Barber Dimes, and 103 Indians?

INSANE!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links