More 2008 finds

Foiled Again

Oct 30, 2006
Thunder Bay Ontario
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Explorer SE Pro
Hello all:

Finished sorting out the finds from last year. Cleaned up the area and now I'm ready for the next season to start. Tumbled all the clad, rolled it and took it to the bank ($120.00+). There was over 2300 pennies. Maybe I would find better stuff if I wasn't digging all those %#@! pennies. :D

First pic is of the toy cars, trucks and planes dug up last year.

toycars08.JPG

The only one interesting is the grey one in the front. I think they call them Tootsie toys. Written inside is "Made in the United States of America". No sign of the axles or tires in the hole. Here is a closer look at it.

tootsie08.JPG

I found this military badge at an old park. It was awarded at the beginning of WW II to those who volunteered to go overseas. There were 2 types, this is the early type. I took it down to the Armory where they have a small museum. The veteran looking after the museum gave me the phone numbers to try and track down the owner. Unfortunately when I called, the person in charge there said the serial numbers on the back of the badge were not ever matched up with an individual. The badge is about 1.5 inches tall.

genservebdg08.JPG

Here is the back of it. The thing that holds it on was still with it. It seems to be silver.

genservebk08.JPG

Pretty stern warning on the back. In case you can't see it, it says "Penalty for misuse 500 dollars or six months imprisonment". I wonder what kind of misuse there could be?

Next is a button. Written on the banner is Spectemur Agendo. I haven't had time to research that phrase or the button yet.

specbutton08.JPG

Here's what the back looks like. Looks modern to me.

specbuttonbk08.JPG

Here is another button. I have no idea about this one either but it seems to be older. I found this at a soccer field where I have pulled countless pennies from the 1940s.

policefront08.JPG

Here is the back of it. It says "Made in England" and nothing else.

policebk08.JPG

Here is some silver jewellery found this year.

siljewel08.JPG

The round white things on the wire are not plastic. Harder than plastic and rough textured like pearls. No idea what the material is.

Here is a pic of the inexpensive (cheap/fake) jewellery I dug up. The bullet has a hole in it for a chain. Didn't find the chain.

fakebling08.JPG

Last thing to post are these chunks of lead. Not even sure if they are all bullets. The round one in the middle measures 9/16 or .56 inches. Is it a musket ball? I have another one from a previous year, exactly the same size. Removed a couple of pounds of lead sinkers from the environment as well.

lead08.JPG

Thanks for looking. This is all I have for this year I think.

Happy hunting,
Foiled Again

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
S

seger98

Nice finds, looks like everything cleaned up nice. I don't know if the white plastic stuff is bake-a-lite? Don't know if I spelled that right either.

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never seen a warning like that on a medallion before. good stuff there!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread