2009 What a good time

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
The end of the year has come at last and I had a blast. To show my good times here are my finds.
Missing is all the scrap and $36.65 in clad money because of mishaps. 2010 a time to start again.
So to all a Happy & Prosperous New Year.

Picture 1:
Block 1 there is A 1888 Indian head penny, 1919 Wheat back penny, Calvary button, hunters button and a brooch. Block 2 there are 5 buttons, top one has fancy rim and sunflower inside, next to that is regular looking metal button, left bottom has monkeys bodies without heads on each side of a shield with a crown above it with a banner that has the word “ YAINVIEND”, next to that the button has a firebird standing on top of a shield, and the last button has a plain rim with honeycomb center. Block 3 are my silver, 1952, 1957 Rosey, 1918, 1943, 1941 Mercs. Block 4 are my ring finds,
pics1.jpg
Picture 2:
Block 1 is 24 Wheatbacks from 1915D to 1957, 2 nickels 1939, 1943. Block 2 wood match box, pocket watch and might be a candle stick or something else. Block 3 is 5 tokens, left one is beaded around the outside on both sides with the letters J. G. and some notches on one side, the top left has an Indian head and the words Chief of the Sixes on one side and General Motors on the other side ( these where given out in the 50’s as promotional tokens), the next one is from Beidermans Furniture store for $5.00 off to gold members, bottom row is a 2 ½ cent token, and the other one is from Chucky Cheese. Block 4 is two tags, first one says Shell F-35 and the other one has ZULU QUEEN.
pics2.jpg
Picture 3:
Block 1 is some odd and ends I found. Block 2 is a soccer medallion and charm necklace I found near a soccer field. Block 3 a couple of razors. Block 4 A couple of milk glass lids.
pics3.jpg
Picture 4:
Block 1 some buckles found at old home site. Block 2 a house number, toy car, and end cap off something. Block 3 is a big serving fork, walker or cane end piece and part of car window handle. Block 4 is 3 different size metal rings.
pics4.jpg
Picture 5:
Block 1 single axe head. Block 2 possible part of stone hammer, part of a rifle shell with Western 12 - 16 on it, 3 pieces of lead. Block 3 a double headed axe. Block 4 a latch for door or gate and part of a shovel or spoon.
pics5.jpg
Picture 6:
Block 1 a decorative hinge and door latch. Block 2 is a boat shape thing with this on bottom: D E Fruit ?oat & Stamping Corp. (I think the missing letter might be a B for Boat), and a copper or brass cap to something. Block 3 are some other odd and end things I found (the one thing below the key is not metal, it’s a gourd looking thing I found a few of while digging a coin. Block 4 is part of an old oil lamp.
pics6.jpg
Picture 7:
Block 1 are 2 metal plates (bottom one is back plate of a drawer handle and other one I think came off front of potbelly stove. Block 2 is a Pepsi can from 1990, and a honeycomb round piece which might have had ball bearings in it. Block 3 is a bent metal ring with a flat spot on one end. Block 4 is a long square nail or spike, 1 of many shotgun shell end cap, part of a hinge, part of a bone looking thing, piece of lead or silver bar, and odd hook thing. Block 5 more odd metal things, the silver thing on right is a drawer handle. Block 6 piece of metal that I have no idea what they are.
pics7.jpg
Thanks for looking and cheers to 2010

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some real cool stuff!

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Very nice finds! Happy New Year!

OP
OP
Knightwalker

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Thank you Goes4ever and History Hunter. Hope to do better this year.
Happy Hollidays

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Awesome finds for 2009, I hope 2010 is just as good or better.
Dman

OP
OP
Knightwalker

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Thank you Dman and Seger.
Dman I'm planning on it being way better.

Seger: the 2 1/2 cent token was my first one found the first day out. I went to this place by myself, dug it and saw silver and got excited and started to turn around and say see what I found, but I remembered I was alone. LOL I think pretty much my brother was there in spirit. He died in Last January and I has plans for him and I to do a lot of metel detecting. So I think I was kind of talking to his spirit.
HH to you both in 2010

S

seger98

Sorry about the loss of your brother, it's a bummer for sure!

The reason I like tokens so much as they are such a huge part of American history that really seems to have been lost until we find them in the ground. Young people today have no clue that they even existed.

That matchbook safe? striker? I don't know what they were actually for, but I had never seen one until I found mine & now I have seen 2 since then.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions