Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of the three years I've been detecting for relics, the 2009 season has been by far the best.
My mighty Tesoro Silver Umax has continued to be worth it's weight in gold.
This year has brought me:
*Two of my best finds ever (Civil War NC officers buckle & CSN Navy officers button). Both BANNER finds. :thumbsup:
*Club entries into - The LC Club, Fatty IH Club, 2-Cent piece Club, and The Platinum Club.
*Relics featured in NSCWT magazine (NC buckle & CSN button)
*Detecting article in W & ET magazine
*Articles in two local newspapers
*Two gold wedding bands returned to their owners.
*New friends & many new properties.

I can't remember all of my finds, so I'll only list the highlights of my year. Here goes:

JANUARY- 1864 "L" double stamped IH cent.

FEBRUARY - Civil War Navy officers "CSN" button , Found and returned a gold & diamond ring to the owner. (Made honorable mention)

APRIL - Civil War "NC" officers buckle (tongue portion) , 14k wedding band , Article in The Wake Weekly paper.

JUNE - Article in the Cary News paper.

AUGUST - Article in W & ET magazine , Relics featured in NSCWT magazine.

SEPTEMBER - Platinum wedding band , Found and returned a gold wedding band to owner. (Was lost for 10 years!)

NOVEMBER - First dated Large Cent (1850)

DECEMBER - First "fatty" IH (1860) , First 2-cent piece (186?).

It has been a most memorable year for me. I would like to thank all of you TN members that have replied to my posts, ID'd my finds, given me help, and put up with my humor ;D throughout the year.
Thanks for looking & good luck in 2010. :thumbsup:
-MM-

Attachments

• NC buckle 1.jpg
    NC buckle 1.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 723
  • MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 721
  • MVC-031S.JPG
    MVC-031S.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 724
  • MVC-132S.jpg
    MVC-132S.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 732
  • MVC-065S.JPG
    MVC-065S.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 714
  • MVC-026S.jpg
    MVC-026S.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 739
  • NC buckle 1.jpg
    NC buckle 1.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 734
  • MVC-032S.JPG
    MVC-032S.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 715
  • 14k gold ring.JPG
    14k gold ring.JPG
    13.3 KB · Views: 620
  • MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 698
  • Doug 3.jpg
    Doug 3.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 726
  • Plat ring.JPG
    Plat ring.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 716
  • MVC-212S.jpg
    MVC-212S.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 615
  • DSCN3470.jpg
    DSCN3470.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 721
OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few more pictures:

Attachments

• MVC-096S.JPG
    MVC-096S.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 702
  • MVC-148S.JPG
    MVC-148S.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 683
  • MVC-157S.JPG
    MVC-157S.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 720

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You kind of snuck up on me with those.... that's a great year!!! The plate, and near perfect CSN! (plus everything else) You gotta be happy with 2009.

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You have enjoyed a dream year but I know that nothing came easy and you invested hours of time into those super finds. I will bet Dman's SE that you won't ever top 2009 as to quality of finds. In addition to great finds, your generosity to landowners and museums plus the integrity you have shown in requesting permission to hunt is a credit to detectorists everywhere. Congrats on a Banner year,Quindy.

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
You kind of snuck up on me with those.... that's a great year!!! The plate, and near perfect CSN! (plus everything else) You gotta be happy with 2009.

Thanks IP. Very much appreciated.
I only wish I could find some old coins like you do. ;D
Good luck this year.
-Doug-

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VOL1266-X said:
You have enjoyed a dream year but I know that nothing came easy and you invested hours of time into those super finds. I will bet Dman's SE that you won't ever top 2009 as to quality of finds. In addition to great finds, your generosity to landowners and museums plus the integrity you have shown in requesting permission to hunt is a credit to detectorists everywhere. Congrats on a Banner year,Quindy.

Thanks Q.
I still remember you IDing the CSN button and NC buckle for me when I posted them. You've been a great friend and a very big help to me on TN. Plus, you have a great sense of humor too. ;D
Maybe some of my generosity this year paid off in great finds? :icon_scratch: :dontknow:
I may have reached my peak with that C buckle, but I sure hope not. ;D I'm not giving up just yet.
Good luck in 2010. Hopefully I can make it over to Tenn to show you & Dman how to find CW relics. It starts out with having a battery in your detectors. :laughing9:
-Doug-

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ModernMiner said:
Iron Patch said:

Good luck this year.
-Doug-

I'd gladly cut a deal of no coins in 2010 to dig that plate and button. Heck throw in 2011 too!

This I assume was your best year. (Mine was 2001)

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
ModernMiner said:
Iron Patch said:

Good luck this year.
-Doug-

I'd gladly cut a deal of no coins in 2010 to dig that plate and button. Heck throw in 2011 too!

Now that's a tough one. :icon_scratch: ;D
Yeah, 2009 was my best ever in my three year "career". ;D That buckle & button will be extremely hard to beat. That basic Tesoro has been a real trooper for me. I bought a Vaquero over a month ago, but can't ween myself off the Silver Umax yet. ;D
I just bought a book showing all the historical homes in our county, and there are hundreds of them! You can bet I'll be seeking out some more spots this year. I need to tap into the 1700's or at least find some more 1800's silver. My only 1800's silver so far was that 1833 half dime. :-[
You guys find those coins like modern clad. ;D
-Doug-

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ModernMiner said:
Iron Patch said:
ModernMiner said:
Iron Patch said:

Good luck this year.
-Doug-

Now that's a tough one. :icon_scratch: ;D
Yeah, 2009 was my best ever in my three year "career". ;D That buckle & button will be extremely hard to beat. That basic Tesoro has been a real trooper for me. I bought a Vaquero over a month ago, but can't ween myself off the Silver Umax yet. ;D
I just bought a book showing all the historical homes in our county, and there are hundreds of them! You can bet I'll be seeking out some more spots this year. I need to tap into the 1700's or at least find some more 1800's silver. My only 1800's silver so far was that 1833 half dime. :-[
You guys find those coins like modern clad. ;D
-Doug-

yeah you're still a rookie in years but those two relics are some damn good ear drying material! :thumbsup:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
what an awesome year! congrats to you and here is hoping 2010 will be even better! I miss your old avatar!

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Wow, where do I start, Dug? That button and buckle are two find of a lifetimes. :headbang: I know you will still surpass them in the near future, as long as you continue to hunt those killer sites, which I know you will!

I hope your 2010 season is filled with many recoveries from America's early years! As long as that mighty Tesoro keeps beeping, you'll keep on finding, Dug bud! :notworthy: :headbang: :notworthy:

Once you get into those 1700s sites, you will be finding more largies and silvers...cut silvers to boot!!! :hello2: :headbang: I can't wait for your next "Yes, I just crossed another off my list" find!!

Sir Kyle

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dug,

You have amassed a great collection this year along. :notworthy: It sure was enjoyable viewing your posts and laughing at your humor this year. I just hope 2010 treats us both with incredible Colonial treats!

Keep the passion high! :headbang:

Kirk

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cntrydncr1 said:
what an awesome year! congrats to you and here is hoping 2010 will be even better! I miss your old avatar!

Thanks CD.
I saw another member started using that old avatar of mine. ;D
Happy 2010,
MM

KylePA said:
Wow, where do I start, Dug? That button and buckle are two find of a lifetimes. :headbang: I know you will still surpass them in the near future, as long as you continue to hunt those killer sites, which I know you will!

I hope your 2010 season is filled with many recoveries from America's early years! As long as that mighty Tesoro keeps beeping, you'll keep on finding, Dug bud! :notworthy: :headbang: :notworthy:

Once you get into those 1700s sites, you will be finding more largies and silvers...cut silvers to boot!!! :hello2: :headbang: I can't wait for your next "Yes, I just crossed another off my list" find!!

Sir Kyle

Kyle,
If I don't find any old Colonial coins soon I'll be making a trip up to PA to hunt with the pros. ;D :icon_thumleft:
I would like to cross something seated off my list soon, and I'm not talking about a toilet either. :laughing9:
-Dug-

Kirk PA said:
Dug,
You have amassed a great collection this year along. :notworthy: It sure was enjoyable viewing your posts and laughing at your humor this year. I just hope 2010 treats us both with incredible Colonial treats!
Keep the passion high! :headbang:
Kirk

Thanks Kirk.
Those analog machines tore it up again in 09'. I'm sure with your bros research, you three will be plucking those coppers out of the fields like potatoes. ;D :icon_thumleft:
-Dug-

S

seger98

Pictures, I want to see pictures And articles about your finds! :hello:

Nice year there Doug! :thumbsup:

Hope 2010 is even better!

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Doug,

It's rare that I enjoy each and every post from anyone, but I've enjoyed each and every one of yours. You are truly an inspiration to newbies and seasoned detectorists alike. Way to go on all the finds, it takes lots of patience, dedication and hard work, but it's the kind of hard work we look forward to doing again and again.

All the best in 2010, and best of luck on your future outings!

Nat

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• Doug 2.jpg
    Doug 2.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 649
  • Doug 3.jpg
    Doug 3.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 656
  • MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 623
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 635
  • Doug 1.jpg
    Doug 1.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 654
  • MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 632
  • Doug 5.jpg
    Doug 5.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 641
  • Doug 4.jpg
    Doug 4.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 644
  • Doug 3.jpg
    Doug 3.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 647
  • Doug 2.jpg
    Doug 2.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 648
  • Doug 1.jpg
    Doug 1.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 658
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 631
OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Natman said:
Doug,

It's rare that I enjoy each and every post from anyone, but I've enjoyed each and every one of yours. You are truly an inspiration to newbies and seasoned detectorists alike. Way to go on all the finds, it takes lots of patience, dedication and hard work, but it's the kind of hard work we look forward to doing again and again.

All the best in 2010, and best of luck on your future outings!

Nat

Nat,
Thanks for the kind words. Like with you & your techniques, we get better and better with gaining permission to new spots, and finding the goodies. Only you have an advantage, you are WAY better looking than me. ;D
Good luck with the rings and Hotwheels this year. :icon_thumleft:
-Doug-

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doug,

Your approach to the hobby is a credit to all of us everywhere. Kindness, humility, generosity, and humor make you a top notch person as well as a top notch detectorist.

You had two finds of a lifetime in one year, which almost never happens. :hello2:

Keep up the good work, my friend. And congratulations on all you have done in 2009.

-Buckles

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
An incredible year to be sure and for a really great guy! You are a huge asset to Tnet and so very glad you are here!

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
Doug,
Your approach to the hobby is a credit to all of us everywhere. Kindness, humility, generosity, and humor make you a top notch person as well as a top notch detectorist.
You had two finds of a lifetime in one year, which almost never happens. :hello2:
Keep up the good work, my friend. And congratulations on all you have done in 2009.
-Buckles

Thanks BB,
I have learned a great deal on TN and from many members, including yourself. Your passion for the hobby, and the research you do on finding old spots keeps me fueled. :thumbsup:
The amazing thing (or lucky) is that both of my finds of a lifetime were dug on the same property. :hello2: I'm hoping they make it into the W & ET magazines "Best Finds of 2010" that comes out in April. That would be icing on the cake.
I wish you great things this year Will, and may our Silver Umax detectors continue to bring us nice relics. :thumbsup:
-Doug-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread