Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really a fine year for you, Patch. I want to see more good buttons in 2010. ;D Why didn't you put that RARE, VALUABLE Tiffin Token on your top 10 list?? :tongue3:

My fav is the cufflink. But any silver from the 1600s is enough to make any digger's heart skip a beat or two.

Cheers,

Buck

RelicRick

Aug 29, 2006
Jockey Hollow
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quite simply incredible IP...great year indeed! You may have a hard time topping '09, but I know you're gonna go for it in '10. Good Luck!

Rick

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great year you had! Hope you can get out soon and start digging some more awesome buttons and knock some more of your wish list.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Even though it seemed like slim pickings at times for you, it sure added up for a great total. :headbang:
Matched you on one find this past season, the little cannon. :laughing7:
Hope to buy you a :coffee2: someday.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pepperj said:
Even though it seemed like slim pickings at times for you, it sure added up for a great total. :headbang:

I'm guessing you found it in the UK because very few seem to turn up on this side. I've always liked em so was happy to see it in the dirt, as I'm sure you were too.

You buy the coffee and I'll show you the way to the site! :thumbsup:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Iron Patch said:
pepperj said:

I'm guessing you found it in the UK because very few seem to turn up on this side. I've always liked em so was happy to see it in the dirt, as I'm sure you were too.

You buy the coffee and I'll show you the way to the site! :thumbsup:
We could try shooting off the cannons, then go looking for the lead. :laughing7:

Those are some pretty sweet finds I.P.
You had a great year! I would be happy with all of that except the cartwheeel. I'm getting pretty sick of finding those! ;D
I wish I had the variety that you find in regards to coins. I have found over 75 British 1799, 1806, 1807, 1826, 1827 coppers at the early settlement sites near Winnipeg. About 10 cartwheels as well. No offense to anyone but BORING!!!! Every time I find a George III copper, I say out loud "Hmmn, is it going to be 1806 or 1807?" :sleepy2:
But you've got some interesting variety.
I certainly remember all of the finds on this post as I always follow your posts.
2010 will be better!
Dave.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Muddyhandz said:
Those are some pretty sweet finds I.P.
You had a great year! I would be happy with all of that except the cartwheeel. I'm getting pretty sick of finding those! ;D
I wish I had the variety that you find in regards to coins. I have found over 75 British 1799, 1806, 1807, 1826, 1827 coppers at the early settlement sites near Winnipeg. About 10 cartwheels as well. No offense to anyone but BORING!!!! Every time I find a George III copper, I say out loud "Hmmn, is it going to be 1806 or 1807?" :sleepy2:
But you've got some interesting variety.
I certainly remember all of the finds on this post as I always follow your posts.
2010 will be better!
Dave.

I totally agree, George coppers from 1797 up are pretty boring and I'd probably rather a token with at least the chance at a rare one. Pre 1797 is just the opposite as it's one of my main interests, but it's not every day we're popping that stuff. The variety is no question what makes detecting great here as it's a good mixture of early French, British, American, and who knows what else. Never having a clue what the best find of the day will be always keeps the interest level very high.

Yeah, I would be excited with any Georgie earlier than 1797. I have only found one and it was as bald as my...... Well, you get the point!
Then there's those Tiffin tokens.......... :notworthy:
Dave.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread