pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What beautiful collection of finds for a year. Congrat's to you all, a real inspiration for those who love digging in the dirt. :notworthy:

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
collector01 said:
Awesome job you guys did this year! Congrats on a great 2009 and hope 2010 brings you loads of spanish silver!! 20 coppers :notworthy: I can only wish.

Maryland is the place to find 'em. Keep digging my friend. The find of a lifetime is right around the corner. :icon_sunny:

Gypsy Heart said:
Excellent year! What a fantastic collection of finds and memories!

Gypsy,

It is wonderful to hear from you. I trust all is going well for you in 2010.

Goalrush said:
What?? Is that it?? lol Truly amazing year indeed! Congrats on a great 2009....good luck topping that in 2010! HH

You got only four GW inaugural buttons last year? That's it? ;D Cheers--to both of our good finds in '09. :thumbsup:

Sniffy said:
You guys are good.

8)

nova treasure said:
Excellent finds from all of you,

I hope 2010 brings just as much and even more.

Let's go Diggin, Bill

Bill,

I am happy that we all did so well. Everyone got something good to show this past year. Now I just need to find a Capped Bust. If it's the only coin I find all year, I'll be very happy.

Cheers,

Buckles

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember many of these finds being posted. Each one was very exciting. Lots of coppers and the main thing is you guys had fun. I think when you make it fun the goods come out of the ground much easier.
Way to go Iron Brigade !!
HH
TnMountains

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don in SJ said:
Don, I'm starting to think you may be right. We are going after some of the earliest of the early sites this year. They will take some research, and we may have a skunk hunt or two trying to find them--but they will be rewarding to locate. Thank you for the reply, my friend. Are you doing a year-end post this year? I love seeing your annual finds posts, even though I know they are a pain to get together.
Best Wishes,
Buckles

Will, actually have been working on it, having my old computer crash in May sort of messed up my files on hand for gathering my finds, I actually had to go back on my TNet posts and harvest some of the photos from the earlier posts. But, I will get a best of 09 post up eventually. May be in several segments, buttons, relics, and coins. It was a better year for me in variety than I previously thought and want to make the post at least representative of the better finds.

Don

Good to hear it, Don. I can't wait to take a look.

Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon
Ya'll had a good year. I was expecting to see a GW button mixed in with all those flats.
Maybe next year. LOL!
Newt

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
The Iron Brigade cleaned house in 2009, Buck! You guys swung over some killer sites and dug more killer relics than you can point a stick at.

I hope 2010 is better than your previous years! With your persistent research efforts, I have no doubt you will be posting eye shockers for us to view! Spanish silver is going to be plentiful for you guys this year! I smell it, Buck!

Kyle

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RPG said:
Awesome year for the Iron Brigade. :icon_thumright: I knew it was gonna be a good end of the year post as I have been watching the posts you made throughout the year. What is amazing is the time that went into this post. The research, the scouting, the time spent trying to get permission to dig and then the digging. I think a pic of your big iron trash pile would be in order. :D

Good year guys. I hope 2010 is the best one ever. :icon_sunny:

Good Luck
Randy

Randy,

I can't post a photo of the iron pile because it has all been recycled. (Otherwise it'd make the floor collapse in my humble living quarters. :D )

Sometimes I think back on the amount of time and effort and I'm amazed that we're able to do it. It's continuous research, the love of meeting new people and going new places, and the allure of the dream that one shovel-full of dirt may hold the find of a lifetime.

Goes4ever said:
great finds, you had a super year!

Thank you Goes4ever. I sure have enjoyed seeing your videos this past year. Keep up the good work, my friend.

pepperj said:
What beautiful collection of finds for a year. Congrat's to you all, a real inspiration for those who love digging in the dirt. :notworthy:

And all of you are a real inspiration to me. :) Thank you. :icon_sunny:

TnMountains said:
I remember many of these finds being posted. Each one was very exciting. Lots of coppers and the main thing is you guys had fun. I think when you make it fun the goods come out of the ground much easier.
Way to go Iron Brigade !!
HH
TnMountains

Tn,

I wanted to prove to myself that it was possible to dig 20 coppers in Kentucky in a year. And now that I have done that, I'd like this to be a Relic Year--with a few 1700s coins thrown in. 8)

Newt said:
Ya'll had a good year. I was expecting to see a GW button mixed in with all those flats.
Maybe next year. LOL!
Newt

We need to find things just a hair older than what we normally dig. Good to hear from you, Newt. I hope all is well where you are. Please e-mail me an occasional photo of those killer finds you're making, even if you choose not to post them on the forum. :o

KylePA said:
The Iron Brigade cleaned house in 2009, Buck! You guys swung over some killer sites and dug more killer relics than you can point a stick at.

I hope 2010 is better than your previous years! With your persistent research efforts, I have no doubt you will be posting eye shockers for us to view! Spanish silver is going to be plentiful for you guys this year! I smell it, Buck!

Kyle

Thanks for the kind words, Kyle. Unlike '09, 2010 will not be a Copper Race for me. I'm after relics this time around. But I think 20 coppers in a year in this part of the U.S. is enough to make a PA boy proud. :wink: I'd love some nice Spanish this year. Hill Billy has been the Spanish King for a while, but I'll have toss him a copper or two for trade. :laughing7:

Cheers,

Buck

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A relic year. I like the sound of that. I need to get away from the indian artifacts and hunt the CW stuff like I used to. Its still there.
Have a great season in 2010.
TnMountains

A great year for the Iron Brigade! Some really great finds there. I like it all. Especially that blood letting tool. That's pretty neat! You'll have to change your name to ButtonBoy or L.C.Boy. I knew you would make it to 20 large cents by the end of the year. I'm trying to comment on all the finds but there are too many to remember! I might have to post this and go back and look at all the pictures and then modify my post. Too many goodies!
Thanks for the great post. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with a big suspender clip collection!
Dave.

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TnMountains said:
A relic year. I like the sound of that. I need to get away from the indian artifacts and hunt the CW stuff like I used to. Its still there.
Have a great season in 2010.
TnMountains

I'd like to think "relic year" for this year--but it is really up to the ground and what she chooses to give up. Best Wishes to you and Happy Digging in 2010, my friend.

-Buckles

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Muddyhandz said:
A great year for the Iron Brigade! Some really great finds there. I like it all. Especially that blood letting tool. That's pretty neat! You'll have to change your name to ButtonBoy or L.C.Boy. I knew you would make it to 20 large cents by the end of the year. I'm trying to comment on all the finds but there are too many to remember! I might have to post this and go back and look at all the pictures and then modify my post. Too many goodies!
Thanks for the great post. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with a big suspender clip collection!
Dave.

Still waiting for your modified post, Dave. :tongue3: thank you for the reply. I love my suspender clips. :headbang:

-Buckles

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Knightwalker said:
Very awsome interesting finds.
:hello: HH in 2010 :hello2:

Thank you for your kind reply, Knightwalker. Best of luck to you too, in 2010. :thumbsup:

-Buckles

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of hard work and dedication,well deserved awesome finds!!! :thumbsup:

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy Crap Wow! I'd kill for just one of those Large Cents.
Really.
Carl

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Vvvvery Nice Collection of treasure. A Great pleasure seeing every Piece you have found......Almost makes me want to give up being a Pirate,...... Almost. Thanks for Sharing, GoodLuck in 2010!!! Joe

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Fantastic!! What a great year!

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don in SJ said:
Now, goal for 2010, not Spanish :D, that is too common, you want some great condition 1700era coppers!!

Don

Don--I think I may have to hire you to do predictions about what we'll dig next! After seeing Hill Billy's 1783 Nova Copper dug this year, I agree with you that anything is possible.

Thanks again to everyone for the kind replies. :thumbsup:

Best Wishes,

Buck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread