Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Here is the year-end post for the Iron Brigade. Enjoy the photos. 8)

First off, Buttons dug by HB:

1.jpg

Suspender clips, cloak clasps, two-piece buckle "wreaths," and a strap end for a CW-era leather valise, dug by HB:

2.jpg

Buttons and suspender clips dug by me:

3.jpg

Pre-Civil War religious medallion dug by Rodeo Recon:

4.jpg

5.jpg

A nice trigger guard with flower decoration, Cavalry eagle cuff button, and other items dug by Bonzaibrandi:

6.jpg

Mid-1800s toy axe head dug by me:

7.jpg

A class ring dug by me in January and returned to the owner in June after I tracked them down:

Class Ring.jpg

Below,

my favorite non-military relics of 2010: two Colonial "knee buckles," a strap end from a CW-era leather valise, miners' tags from a turn-of-the-century coal camp in Alabama, and in the center is half of a Grover Cleveland matchsafe,

a G.A.R. badge dug by Coinmaster2db,

and a pre-CW cloak fastener dug by Rodeo Recon, along with one more shot of the class ring I dug. :)

Photos of more COINS and CW relics appear in Reply #1 below:

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 1,083
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 1,068
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 1,060
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 1,063
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 1,070
  • Class Ring.jpg
    Class Ring.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,043
  • GAR1.JPG
    GAR1.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 1,021
  • GAR.JPG
    GAR.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 1,066
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 1,053
Last edited:
OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bottles dug by diggergirl and myself on a privy dig, with some help from Hill Billy and Tnet member Nisroc:

A.jpg
View attachment 45553

Marbles from the privy hole, dug by diggergirl:

B.jpg

Hill Billy had a great year with both coins and good relics. Here's a photo of the Pattern 1808 military plate he dug, a jew's harp, powder flask, and the brass barrel of a muff/boot pistol:

C.jpg

Here's a Confederate cast "I" button dug by Coinmaster2db:

D.jpg

My CW finds: A spur (in pieces), trigger guard, ramrod channel, nice eagle "I" with lots of gilding, general staff cuff button, and a US boxplate:

E.jpg

And now the coins. :) Coinmaster dug a very nice seated dime this year:

F.jpg

G.jpg

After digging 20 LC's last year, I hit a LC drought this year, but did get a crusty FE cent (top right), a Seated Quarter 1854, and an eye-popping 1840 Seated Dime:

H.jpg

HB was the real star of the coin-diggers this year with his 1783 Nova Constellatio Copper, 1811 Half Cent, Four large cents, a shield nickel, a 1700s Half Real, a Beautiful 1856 Seated Dime, and a nice early Seated: an 1842 Dime. He also got a great token: a George Washington Token from the mid-1800s. :thumbsup: (see below)

It's a rare year when three of us can snag beautiful seated coins, but we did it. HB, Coinmaster, and myself all managed to get one. So for the last photo below, I just had to show the back of HB's beautiful Seated. What a year it was. Congratulations to everyone on the team--and a special BRAVO! to HB for an incredible year.

Cheers,

Buckles

Attachments

• J.jpg
    J.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 975
  • I.jpg
    I.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 979
  • HB\'s beauty Seated1.jpg
    HB\'s beauty Seated1.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 978
Last edited:

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great year of finds!!!!!! MR TUFF

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very impressive as usuaL BB!!!! A collection of great finds. My personal favorite is the little toy axe head-VERY RARE to recover. HB did have a great year and I still believe the circa 1812 buckle was banner worthy even if it had a plain face as do most militia buckles. I give this post 5 stars. Hope you all have a great 2011 digging year, Quindy.

acehunter

Feb 2, 2009
california
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, gold scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, the assortment of finds are wide rangeing. Keep up the good work. Best of luck.

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 Cheers to the IRON BRIGADE!!!!! :hello2:

U

umrgolf

Even with your lack of opportunities to get out in the field you still did really well.. You also are a great asset to Tnet my friend.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the Iron Brigade enjoyed many victories in 2010 :headbang: :thumbsup: :notworthy:

I have seen people posting under Iron Brigade on a number of forums. Just who constitutes the Iron Brigade? Is it anyone from Indiana, Michigan, and Wisconsin like the Civil War Iron Brigade or is it a club?

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VOL1266-X said:
Very impressive as usuaL BB!!!! A collection of great finds. My personal favorite is the little toy axe head-VERY RARE to recover. HB did have a great year and I still believe the circa 1812 buckle was banner worthy even if it had a plain face as do most militia buckles. I give this post 5 stars. Hope you all have a great 2011 digging year, Quindy.

I agree with you on the missed finds banner. I am still cleaning the toy axe. They seem to be mainly at mid-19th c. sites. The one I dug is not in great shape, but rodeo recon dug one that was a little better (same style), and my Dad dug one last year that was a lathing hatchet style, but toy-sized. I really enjoyed reading your end-of-year post too, my friend. Best wishes in 2011. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Buckles

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve in PA said:
Looks like the Iron Brigade enjoyed many victories in 2010 :headbang: :thumbsup: :notworthy:

I have seen people posting under Iron Brigade on a number of forums. Just who constitutes the Iron Brigade? Is it anyone from Indiana, Michigan, and Wisconsin like the Civil War Iron Brigade or is it a club?

Hello Steve,

My digging buddies and I started calling ourselves the Iron Brigade because of the amount of iron we dig to clear a site and work it out. I didn't know that there were some other folks who called themselves by the same name (there weren't any on this forum at the time). I later got nasty PM's from some of the other guys, saying that the only way we could be IB'er was if we hunted with an "original" IB member. I basically told 'em that we'd call ourselves whatever we wanted. So their group may be a club, but this is just a select group of my close friends.

Best Wishes,

Buckles

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
umrgolf said:
Even with your lack of opportunities to get out in the field you still did really well.. You also are a great asset to Tnet my friend.

Yep. Not as good as our last two year-end posts, but not too shabby. HB really pulled the weight this year, since I was on a LC and CW relic curse since he found that killer militia buckle. Thank you for the kind words, my friend. Things going ok after the move?

-Buck

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy mackeral!!! That is an impressive group of recoveries!!! Congrats on a very good year :notworthy:

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
a super year ya had! :thumbsup:

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
The IB had a great year in KY farmland! The Nova is the one find I will always remember!

If LA has half the artifacts that KY has, then your 2011 season will be eye-popping, Buck! Good luck in 2011!

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your post does great honor to the Iron Brigade! You all found goodies and as a collective group a mini musuem for 2010! Hope you get some time to hunt with them in 2011 BB.

Don

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sniffy said:

Thank you for the reply, my friend. :thumbsup:

Thanks also to HeavyMetal and Blind Squirrel! HAPPY 2011! :occasion18:

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck of a year you guys had BB. Best of luck to you in 2011. :icon_thumleft:

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wonderful finds, thanks for sharing

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
VOL1266-X said:

Thanks Quindy, The plate just didn't have the eye appeal :laughing7:.
Thanks for your help on the ID.
Kyle PA said:
The IB had a great year in KY farmland! The Nova is the one find I will always remember!

If LA has half the artifacts that KY has, then your 2011 season will be eye-popping, Buck! Good luck in 2011!
Thanks Kyle, It's a find I will never forget either.

:thumbsup:
Sniffy said:
Thanks Sniffy, you had a great year too.

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
impressive collection of finds, once again.
the nova constellatio is superb, and that 1840 seated dime is very, very nice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread