Totals for they year.....

fwcrawford

Jan 7, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 50, Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Tesoro Vaquero, Minelab Sovereign GT
I finally got all my coins counted and rolled and ready to go to the bank to get some greenbacks.
I was surprised at the total found as I got a late start this year due to bad weather and we also had a
record breaking hot summer to deal with.
Totals:
$1.00 coins 7
Quarters 674
Dimes 574
Nickels 215
Pennies 926
Total: 2396 = $252.91
Now I got to get busy filling the jar again!!LOL
Thanks for looking and Happy New Year,
Felix

Attachments

• DSCF0004.JPG
    DSCF0004.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 724
  • DSCF0006.JPG
    DSCF0006.JPG
    179.8 KB · Views: 726
  • DSCF0008.JPG
    DSCF0008.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 735

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's an amazing sight seeing all of your coins spread out like that! :o
All that in only 12 months, that averages out to $21.08 per month! :icon_thumright:
Not even to mention all of the other great stuff you found!

Shark27

Aug 5, 2010
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 50 & Garrett Pro Pointer
I've seen some people roll as they go or spend as they find, but I like how you collected all your clad until the end of the year for one big payday! I myself did it quarterly but after seeing that mason jar full to the brim with coins, I think that's what I will do for 2011. Happy New Year and thanks for the idea...

Shark27

OP
OP
fwcrawford

fwcrawford

Jan 7, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 50, Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Tesoro Vaquero, Minelab Sovereign GT
Hey Shark....

Glad you liked the pics.
When I first started detecting 4 years ago, I would roll up my change when I accumilated enough to make a roll and cash them in, but it was difficult keeping up with the numbers of coins to get an accurate total at the end of the year, so I decided to just dump them in the jar and wait until bad weather at the end of the year and count them up and roll them.
It is quite surprising how many coins can be found in a years time.
My best year was in 2008 when I found a total of 969 quarters, but in 2009 I found 130 quarters in one day while detecting around a school... that was fun!!!
Felix

Hugh Pharted

Jan 3, 2008
The Center of the Universe
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Nice Felix........I didn't find the goods like you did this year, but Mrs.Claus "brung" me a Garrett Ace 250....Took it out for the first time today and found $1.27 in clad in a spot I've been going to for 3 yrs and still finding goodies.... :hello2:

OP
OP
fwcrawford

fwcrawford

Jan 7, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Hey Dave .....

I don't have anymore room for any new detecting equipment, so I guess I'll just hoard away the cash for now... Paper money in plastic containers should be safe from you treasure hunters LOL!!!
Felix

OP
OP
fwcrawford

fwcrawford

Jan 7, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Hey flip flop ....

I have been using a Harbor Freight tumbler for about 3 years now and it works great!!
I sure am glad I got one and it sure saves time.
I just put the dirty coins in the drum and add some water, dishwash, and aquarium gravel and let it run for about 1 to 2 hours and then rinse and dry them and their done.
Felix

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
Awsome recovery!!! can you imagine how big the pile would be if everone on treasurenet,,,,piled up their coins that they found in just one year !!!,,, its amazing to think how many coins are in the ground!!!

how big would the pile be????

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My totals for 2010 were $21.51 from coins found above the ground,in parking lots,at tot lots and in the coinstar machine. :hello2:

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice totals :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread