Not a bad year.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It is hard to be leave that this year has gone by so fast. Here are a couple of my more interesting finds for this year. The first is my snake buckle that I found in an old town site, the second is my fur trade/Jesuit ring, any one that I show it to is quite amazed at how it could have survived so long with out getting broken, I am truly glad for that. The next coin is my 1817 British shilling, and last this interesting little coin that I have had no luck having some one tell me what it might be, but I think it is a pattern coin for the $1.00. Who knows for sure, thanks for looking and I hope to see some more great finds next year. HH

Attachments

• IMG_0855.jpg
    IMG_0855.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 482
  • IMG_0848.jpg
    IMG_0848.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 504
  • IMG_0855.jpg
    IMG_0855.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 491
  • IMG_0869.jpg
    IMG_0869.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 509
  • IMG_0848.jpg
    IMG_0848.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 505
  • IMG_0991.jpg
    IMG_0991.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 569
  • IMG_0994.jpg
    IMG_0994.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 562

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds...great year! Those are all spectacular finds! That one little coin at the end may be a civil war token or store card. very cool...congrats!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on your amazing finds this year Brian! :notworthy:
The Canadian Fur Trade / Jesuit Ring is may favourite! :thumbsup:

Best of luck to you in 2012!
Dave

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super finds, the snake buckel is a sweet relic!

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
neat stuff :icon_thumright: MR TUFF

OP
OP
Brian C.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
postalgriff said:
nice finds...great year! Those are all spectacular finds! That one little coin at the end may be a civil war token or store card. very cool...congrats!
I tried to find out if this coin was civil war, but the site that I posted it on did not respond,it could be, the store card you mentioned, what was the purpose other than to buy items. The coin would have been lost really easy, thanks for the comments. HH

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brian C. said:
postalgriff said:
I tried to find out if this coin was civil war, but the site that I posted it on did not respond,it could be, the store card you mentioned, what was the purpose other than to buy items. The coin would have been lost really easy, thanks for the comments. HH

There are many, many counterfeits of the US 1 dollar gold coins, perhaps this is one that the plating has come off of ? just an idea as it "should" have the word dollar, and a different head for that year.

Good luck on the other side next year.

OP
OP
Brian C.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Rick (Nova Scotia) said:
Brian C. said:
postalgriff said:

There are many, many counterfeits of the US 1 dollar gold coins, perhaps this is one that the plating has come off of ? just an idea as it "should" have the word dollar, and a different head for that year.

Good luck on the other side next year.
Thanks for the posts on this stuff, it just keeps on getting better. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread