Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should remove impossible from your vocabulary, and make 2014 possible !
Challenge yourself and make this year even better!

You guys really gave the rest of us quite a show over the past couple of years, no reason to let up in the future, best if luck to you all again!

We'll keep the streak going as long as we can. Every time I think we've tapped out a site or an area, I have another idea for research, or we get permission for something else that is promising. I know that we'll make some good finds in 2014. Hope this will be the year for Old Gold and a Southern belt plate.

Cheers,

Buck

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
We'll keep the streak going as long as we can. Every time I think we've tapped out a site or an area, I have another idea for research, or we get permission for something else that is promising. I know that we'll make some good finds in 2014. Hope this will be the year for Old Gold and a Southern belt plate.

Cheers,

Buck

I like the sounds of that too, although the past couple of seasons have been only briefly highlighted by a couple of decent finds, 2014 will the year to find some of those missed out of the way sites and put up some significant finds that we all know are waiting out there.
I'm hoping for gold and belt plates too!

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the sounds of that too, although the past couple of seasons have been only briefly highlighted by a couple of decent finds, 2014 will the year to find some of those missed out of the way sites and put up some significant finds that we all know are waiting out there.
I'm hoping for gold and belt plates too!

Whoever gets the Gold or Plate first buys the drinks. :thumbsup:

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Dman & I are proud to say that we hunted with you, Shane, & Molly in the year when you raised the bar for hunters everywhere. An amzing year and I believe a Best Find for 2013 from W & E Magazine is still in your future as well BB. All I can say is "WOW". HH in 2014, Q.
Q- I wanted to throw out a very special thank you to you and D man for allowing us the pleasure of hunting with you guys. Also a bIG thank you for the piece of Tenn that you gave me! Jack D is the man! Best wishes for continued success in what we do! Shane

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cheers,

Buck
I'm with that too. Never put gold coin on "the list" before.

Ahead of myself, I can see why you'd say "never be topped" with so many old silver, and a multi G find, frankly I said the same thing at least for numbers...I'm still open for a "valueable find" though. A rare plate, or a rare gold could well be in the cards for you (or me too !) My experience so far has been every year has been better than the previous....thus far...here's to hoping.

Good Luck out there.

Rick

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess we should all never say never. Compared to the past 22 years of digging, I keep thinking "never" is the right word...although you're right, each year has been better overall than the last. Recently I've felt (last 5-8 years) that it's a matter of integrity... pursuing and detecting the oldest sites you can. That may seem funny considering that we've been digging a lot of new silver recently at a fun, 1940s-60s spot that saw a lot people. But we walked onto an old site at the fringe of that site, so guess what we're detecting next trip? :)

It has been nice to take a bit of a break, rather than worry about how in the heck we'll find more reales than last year. Rick, you have been doing very well up there. It's been fun to watch your evolution in terms of quality and quantity of finds over the years. Congrats on your excellent year, too!

Best Wishes,

Buck

I'm with that too. Never put gold coin on "the list" before.

Ahead of myself, I can see why you'd say "never be topped" with so many old silver, and a multi G find, frankly I said the same thing at least for numbers...I'm still open for a "valueable find" though. A rare plate, or a rare gold could well be in the cards for you (or me too !) My experience so far has been every year has been better than the previous....thus far...here's to hoping.

Good Luck out there.

Rick

Threshold

Mar 3, 2012
Riverside, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garret Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds! Lot of neat and historical pieces you got there!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread