2013 FINDS 47 SILVER coins 1700s coppers & Awesome relics

OP
OP
silversurfer1111

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will agree with the comfort issue, definitely needs to be rethought. Not saying that Garrett is flawless in there builds but you also have to look at if you want superior insides and also do not want to spend 1000's on a machine comman sense dictates that there has to be cost effectiveness somewhere in the build. And I only used the word rant from your post which I found a enjoyable read. All in all I have used lots of other machines just have had better luck with Garrett. HH

my best finds are with this machine.I just wish I did not have to worry about it breaking down in so many different ways.lol...when I'm out treasure hunting I only want to think about treasure hunt.not what's going to break down next.I understand cost effectiveness ..they used to be about quality..now they just release anything..even the headphone adapter constantly breaks down ..its just a simple wire ..and there are so many complaints about it.I just made my own but most people don't have that option.if you have had as many problems as I have an others have you'd probably be thinking the same thing .I hope you don't have any problems because you will probablylook at the unit differently...even if Garrett gave me a brand new machine I would sell it for something else

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
my best finds are with this machine.I just wish I did not have to worry about it breaking down in so many different ways.lol...when I'm out treasure hunting I only want to think about treasure hunt.not what's going to break down next.I understand cost effectiveness ..they used to be about quality..now they just release anything..even the headphone adapter constantly breaks down ..its just a simple wire ..and there are so many complaints about it.I just made my own but most people don't have that option.if you have had as many problems as I have an others have you'd probably be thinking the same thing .I hope you don't have any problems because you will probablylook at the unit differently...even if Garrett gave me a brand new machine I would sell it for something else

I agree with quality being sacrificed, My Gta 1000 still works flawlessly after 15 years and has held up structurly very well. And is WAY more comfortable to swing. I think I probably would be more upset and frustrated than you if I was having your problems with the Pro. Lol. And I agree the headphone adapter is a joke but as you stated I am being amazed at my finds since I upgraded to the pro.

ingram4868

Jan 16, 2014
Sparks, NV
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, White's Coinmaster, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Garrett-Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your finds. It is so amazing the older items you guys can discover on the "right" side of the country. Most of the Nevada stuff is much newer.

-=METAL=-

Sep 13, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your finds. It is so amazing the older items you guys can discover on the "right" side of the country. Most of the Nevada stuff is much newer.

We don't all find coins that old over here... :tongue3:

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey leave some for us! Lol.

You're a gold and silver machine, great work!

Eureka!

Mar 11, 2014
Northeast Coast USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO 5x8 Coil - VULCAN 360 Pinpointer -Lesche Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
silversurfer1111 Watch this and see the remedy to make the Control Box on the AT Pro more secure (at 11:00):

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread