2013 FINDS 47 SILVER coins 1700s coppers & Awesome relics

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2013 FINDS 47 SILVER coins 1700's coppers & Awesome relics

I have hunted with the AT PRO for 6 months ... take a look at all my finds lots of Awesome stuff I never thought I would dig up .. thanks for looking and good luck to all for 2014 :hello2:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1.gif

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that is a great haul for 6 months of detecting! You got a lot of nice silver, 3 Walkers are killer and I love that 1876 Seated dime. Great looking coppers and relics as well. Keep it up I believe 2014 will be an awesome year for you. :icon_thumleft:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have had a really great silver 6 months! Lots of really great finds congrats!
I hope you didn't fall in that stream in the video.

May 2014 be a Fantastic year of finds for you! GL. HH! Don't forget the happy dance!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guessed wrong, 1600s.

It's a Charles II Irish Halfpenny. In the video when you flip it the reverse is upside down.

Attachments

• IR1639x2.jpg
    IR1639x2.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
excellent finds man.I see ya spend allot of time in the field.Keep on keepin on!

OP
OP
silversurfer1111

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[QUOTEharrowing ch;3810696]You guessed wrong, 1600s.

It's a Charles II Irish Halfpenny. In the video when you flip it the reverse is upside down.[/QUOTE]

1600s halfpenny WOW ! :help::happy3: well thats my oldest coin.. you sir are the man ! ..thank you very much for the info..that's 2 coin ID's you made for me.you really know your stuff...

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[QUOTEharrowing ch;3810696]You guessed wrong, 1600s.

It's a Charles II Irish Halfpenny. In the video when you flip it the reverse is upside down.

1600s halfpenny WOW ! :help::happy3: well thats my oldest coin.. you sir are the man ! ..thank you very much for the info..that's 2 coin ID's you made for me.you really know your stuff...[/QUOTE]

I figured you'd be pleased with a 1600s coin. :headbang:

Coppers can be fairly easy when you use a combination of inclusion and exclusion. In this case I knew right away with the style of the bust it wasn't George I, II, or III. George II faces the other way, and George I and III look nothing like that, even the counterfeits... so that was the exclusion. The inclusion was when I flipped it and seen it looked like the Harp. So it was Irish, and if it wasn't any of the Georges, it was probably earlier and that leaves James, Charles, William and William & Mary. James faces the other way so he's out, and between the remaining choices Charles is by far the best match. So it was easy. :)

OP
OP
silversurfer1111

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a fabulous 6 months for you. Nice array of finds, gotta love the Pro

I like how the AT PRO works ... I don't like how its made...after buying this I will Never buy another Garrett ...control box brakes off ...cam locks brake ...arm cuff brakes... coil cover cracks with the lightest tap.. I know ppl that have broke the coil cover just buy taking it off lol...and my control box had a leek in it . :sad1:.I would have to say the AT pro is the worst made MD I know of .. the at pro is made like $hit.. ya garret has good customer service but they need to ..to make up for the crap they make....I don't want to have to call the company ever month or so because something new is wrong with it ...even my Garret backpack fell apart...:BangHead:..sorry for the rant ... I hate Garret :angry4:

Last edited:

-=METAL=-

Sep 13, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like how the AT PRO works ... I don't like how its made...after buying this I will Never buy another Garrett ...control box brakes off ...cam locks brake ...arm cuff brakes... coil cover cracks with the lightest tap.. I know ppl that have broke the coil cover just buy taking it off lol...and my control box had a leek in it . :sad1:.I would have to say the AT pro is the worst made MD I know of .. the at pro is made like $hit.. ya garret has good customer service but they need to ..to make up for the crap they make....I don't want to have to call the company ever month or so because something new is wrong with it ...even my Garret backpack fell apart...:BangHead:..sorry for the rant ... I hate Garret :angry4:

But those coins sure are sweet....

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds

Detected with Garrett detectors for the past 19 almost 20 years and own a Pro currently and have Never had a issue with breaks anywhere. And I detect in rough conditions, desert, rocky, extreme heat. Glad I never had your sorrows with Garrett, im a very satisfied customer.

OP
OP
silversurfer1111

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detected with Garrett detectors for the past 19 almost 20 years and own a Pro currently and have Never had a issue with breaks anywhere. And I detect in rough conditions, desert, rocky, extreme heat. Glad I never had your sorrows with Garrett, im a very satisfied customer.

I'm happy for you that you haven't had any problems. I did some research and thousands of people are having the same problems I am so you don't have to agree with my rant .the facts are they could have done a much better job with the construction of the unit.

OP
OP
silversurfer1111

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But those coins sure are sweet....

yeah the electronics in the machine are good..but the overall construction of the unit could be improved.the only thing they have fixed is the arm cuff....they made a new arm cuff that is reinforced... but there are many other issues that they need to take care of...I should have got a
Minelab.. my old whites metal detector was built like a tank. I guess after owning a machine that's built really well you tend to compare the new one to the old.

Last edited:

-=METAL=-

Sep 13, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah the electronics in the machine are good..but the overall construction of the unit could be improved.the only thing they have fixed is the arm cuff....they made a new arm cuff that is reinforced... but there are many other issues that they need to take care of...I should have got a
Minelab.. my old whites metal detector was built like a tank. I guess after owning a machine that's built really well you tend to compare the new one to the old.

The Minelab is built well, I can say that.

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I'm happy for you that you haven't had any problems. I did some research and thousands of people are having the same problems I am so you don't have to agree with my rant .the facts are they could have done a much better job with the construction of the unit.

I will agree with the comfort issue, definitely needs to be rethought. Not saying that Garrett is flawless in there builds but you also have to look at if you want superior insides and also do not want to spend 1000's on a machine comman sense dictates that there has to be cost effectiveness somewhere in the build. And I only used the word rant from your post which I found a enjoyable read. All in all I have used lots of other machines just have had better luck with Garrett. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread