OP
Seener53

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
eTrac, Excalibur II, ctx3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talk about good sites, wow. You should get another banner for finding that many silvers and one for finding that much gold! What do you attribute your success to? You must have a high traveled area/s. Your arms must look like Arnold Schwarzenegger. Haaaa lol Digging and lifting all that booty.

Thank you trebelhunter, I hunted public sites that others frequent often to detect. And I also wanted to make a point to show that almost anybody can do this! Being a rookie in the hobby I made it my goal to find more than the "top dogs" in my area for the year :)
It was allot of time, gas money, parking fees etc. but I pulled it off :)
Honestly I think I would of made allot more money working at mcdonalds than all the time I spent hunting lol ;)

OP
OP
Seener53

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is dedication and hard work right there. Great job on all the great finds.

Thank you Ahab, right on Bro!

OP
OP
Seener53

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!!..Thats a way to end the year. Were your Silver coins all dug? Or some from CRH?

Thanks Diggin N Dumps, all the coins were dug.
Crh is another story, didn't keep track but I did get several hundred coins that way also ;)

Flex68

Dec 10, 2013
SW Virginia
Detector(s) used
Currently researching to buy
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good grief!!!!! Whadda haul !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you trebelhunter, I hunted public sites that others frequent often to detect. And I also wanted to make a point to show that almost anybody can do this! Being a rookie in the hobby I made it my goal to find more than the "top dogs" in my area for the year :)
It was allot of time, gas money, parking fees etc. but I pulled it off :)
Honestly I think I would of made allot more money working at mcdonalds than all the time I spent hunting lol ;)

lol, maybe if your finds were 'average' , but I think that nearly $10k worth of gold might push you from the burger-flipper's wage towards a middle manager's salary!

dirtydig

Oct 7, 2013
virginia
Detector(s) used
A T Pro, ace 250, pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just want to find one ring! lol in the mail would be fine... you rock!

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Impressive is not the word.
Can't say the word because I am drooling too much.
CongratZ!

OP
OP
Seener53

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on an amazing year. Will you keep your booty or sell?
Thank you terfpan, I'm keeping it all you have no idea how much time and what I had to go through to find all that. I'm a hoarder :)

OP
OP
Seener53

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good grief!!!!! Whadda haul !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol, maybe if your finds were 'average' , but I think that nearly $10k worth of gold might push you from the burger-flipper's wage towards a middle manager's salary!

Thanks Flex, remember that the gold isn't pure. It's all different karats, so if you brake it all down and separate the karats it averages out to about 12k a gram. So your figure of 10K gets chopped in half to about 5K. So back to flipping burgers lol.

OP
OP
Seener53

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I assume that's just the face value of the silver coins. :icon_scratch:

That is correct Fitzwilk, melt value would be $44.35 X 14.6 (today's going rate).

silversweeper

Aug 22, 2011
Swampeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on an amazing year. That pile should easily compete with those of even the most experienced diggers out there. Sure beats mine.... Just curious, do you dig everything or just low and high conducters? And do you hunt with open screen on the etrac, or with discrimination?
Happy hunting in 2014. Going to be hard to beat that total but I hope you do.

OP
OP
Seener53

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Seener53

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on an amazing year. That pile should easily compete with those of even the most experienced diggers out there. Sure beats mine.... Just curious, do you dig everything or just low and high conducters? And do you hunt with open screen on the etrac, or with discrimination? Happy hunting in 2014. Going to be hard to beat that total but I hope you do.

Thank you silversweeper, in parks I cherry pick my targets but at beaches I'm less picky. I use little discrimination, running on about the 26-27 line.

Inches from Insanity

Jul 19, 2013
Russell, KS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum, Whites DFX, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely Amazing!!! Yep, that right there is why I got into this hobby. Congrats!!!

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea Baby, now that's the way to do it:hello2:. Truly amazing, congrats on an awesome year and I hope you have an equally awesome 2014.:icon_thumright:
All the best,
ZDD

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! That is a boatload of precious metal! I can't imagine how much other "stuff" you had to dig to come up with all that gold and silver!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread