Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Dang Steve - you dug that bullet mold right out from under my nose in my hometown. My parents still live in Hampton and I'm over that way all the time, but don't hunt there anymore due to lack of colonial sites. But there's plenty of places to dig CW relics. Congrats on your successful season, and I agree that your best find was that incredible hammered coin. That's one I've never seen around here before. Good luck in 2015!

OP
OP
Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang Steve - you dug that bullet mold right out from under my nose in my hometown. My parents still live in Hampton and I'm over that way all the time, but don't hunt there anymore due to lack of colonial sites. But there's plenty of places to dig CW relics. Congrats on your successful season, and I agree that your best find was that incredible hammered coin. That's one I've never seen around here before. Good luck in 2015!
Haha! Bill I never would have dug it if it wasn't for you. When I was in your area on business in January I contacted you about getting out somewhere. You already had plans, so I made other plans and ended up with the bullet mold. I never did thank you for that :laughing7:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very successful year, Steve. Hard to say which I like best, but the mold is very impressive. Wish you continued good finds in 2015.

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have had an excellent year and it's not over yet. GL & HH this December and in 2015.

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Those are some nice history saves there Steve:headbang:

Did i miss the box plate post:icon_scratch:

Lots of Nectar right there..

~Blaze~

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a good year Steve. Getting a couple of firsts (or as I would say something off my top ten wish list) gets harder all the time. The hammered, and your plate are in great condition, hey if your going to cross something off the list it might as well be in good shape.

My finds are way down from last year too, one, only hunted 1/3rd as much, and didn't luck on too new rich pay-dirt.

Best of luck next season. Hope the white cold, and hard season is shorter than the last.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All fantastic finds, but the masonic cufflink stood out for me personally. I love it!

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you found allot of nice stuff this year.Very nice!Killer sharps bullets too.

OP
OP
Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you found allot of nice stuff this year.Very nice!Killer sharps bullets too.
Nobody mentioned the Sharps bullets (Gomez & Mills patent) but I was very happy to dig those. Been wanting to dig one for years. Had to go to Texas to find them.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
2014 was very good to you, quality over quantity, well to most it's a case of a quantity of quality finds. The hammered silver is a crisp one, along with the other silver and the bullet mold you have some really display keepers.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobody mentioned the Sharps bullets (Gomez & Mills patent) but I was very happy to dig those. Been wanting to dig one for years. Had to go to Texas to find them.
Finding bullets like that you can actually trace a particular unit.That's a bullet I have always wanted to find.It is a rare one.Kind of like the slave tags,I don't think I have ever seen one that was found outside of South Carolina?

Rean.c

Dec 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!! Especially the coins really nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

metalev4

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2006
Looks good to me Steve. Some beautiful coins and quality relics. Hope 2015 is just as kind.
-Evan

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome year.

OP
OP
Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the nice comments everyone, now how can I get this moved to the Annual Finds forum?
I couldn't start a thread on that forum originally and I thought the moderators would have moved it by now :dontknow:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the nice comments everyone, now how can I get this moved to the Annual Finds forum?
I couldn't start a thread on that forum originally and I thought the moderators would have moved it by now :dontknow:
Moved, in future you can report any post and get quicker attention...

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You did well, next year should be another great year.

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Really really sweet finds. I liked it all, but couldn't help but give an extra tip o the hat for the masonic cufflink, if my research is right, it's 18th century. Great silver too. And to have the date on the quarter cut. Great year.

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Steve you had some nice steady finds last year with a great variety:icon_thumleft:

~Blaze~

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
you had another great season steve! congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread