EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OK; I sent the coins post, it's in "My Best Finds". This post has artifacts from my best property of 2014, so far. I still may pop a pc. or two out of it yet.
Hope you enjoy it.

B Property 001.jpg B Property 010.jpg B Property 009.jpg B Property 008.jpg B Property 007.jpg B Property 006.jpg B Property 005.jpg B Property 004.jpg B Property 003.jpg B Property 002.jpg B Property 011.jpg

I'll post the rest ASAP.
Chris

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had a nice year! I like your presentation of the artifacts.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of nice stuff you got there. The product of lots of research and digging. I am curious about one brass artifact there on the page that shows the lamp parts. While the wick holder is obvious, what is the object to its left ? My curiosity is that I had found something very similar many years ago and never knew exactly what it was, although I had suspected it to be a oil lamp part...but what part? Maybe by looking at mine shown here can you tell if it is the same . diameter is 2 3/8 inches. It is nice to see these accumulated collections because you never know when a mystery piece of your own will show up. here is mine.

DSC09764.JPG

OP
OP
EasternShoreMetal

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A lot of nice stuff you got there. The product of lots of research and digging. I am curious about one brass artifact there on the page that shows the lamp parts. While the wick holder is obvious, what is the object to its left ? My curiosity is that I had found something very similar many years ago and never knew exactly what it was, although I had suspected it to be a oil lamp part...but what part? Maybe by looking at mine shown here can you tell if it is the same . diameter is 2 3/8 inches. It is nice to see these accumulated collections because you never know when a mystery piece of your own will show up. here is mine.

I'm pretty sure that the one I have is the part that goes under and holds the glass chimney.
Yours looks like it might be the same, but if it is, has been substantially flattened, which often happens.
I agree with you too, I like to see other folks stuff, even if they are not the prettiest or popular, because a lot of that stuff has the history of daily life all over it! And I have plenty of things I'm not sure just what they are.. Thanks for your encouragement.

OP
OP
EasternShoreMetal

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You had a nice year! I like your presentation of the artifacts.

Thanks Steve, I appreciate it. Had a great year.. lots of things I never expected, and lots of things that sent me to research, love that part!
Actually, these are the pages of my record book. I photo everything good I find, and where, when, and the research usually ends up scribbled all over the pages you see.. I removed my scribbles for this post, and address info, for the homeowner's privacy.

Last edited:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Some Great finds and a Nice display, you put a lot of time in the setup...Very well done..:thumbsup:

funny the one thing I was attracted to was the ring...Love those old signets..and that one looks like a locket ring almost...

OP
OP
EasternShoreMetal

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Some Great finds and a Nice display, you put a lot of time in the setup...Very well done..:thumbsup:

funny the one thing I was attracted to was the ring...Love those old signets..and that one looks like a locket ring almost...

I wish! I have found a couple of tins,, a locket ring would be great.. I mean, you get to open the hole and bring out the prize and with containers, you get to do it again!
If you can open em... I haven't found anything inside yet. but you never know. I also think it's neat to see what different people are drawn to. Thanks for the compliment, look at the post above yours, it tells how and why I presented them that way. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread