EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As promised, I tried to edit as best as I could, I already posted the coins highlights and the finds from my best spot this past year, now here's the rest.
I think you'll find a little bit for everybody in here. I only go out maybe 2 or three hours a day 2 or 3 days a week, so I'm really happy with what's been found.
Lots of things I never would have expected, many things I had on my wish list - which is growing all the time. And I had a lot of enjoyment.
Now I get to have more, by sharing with other people like myself who share this obsession.
Hope you each find something that tickles your fancy and gets you going. You all have done it to me every time I come on here.
Lots of repetitious things like buttons and padlocks and so much more have not been shown to greater extents... some may be things you have seen in other posts of mine, so please just bear with me, and I hope you enjoy-

001.jpg 017.jpg 018.jpg 019.jpg 020.jpg 021.jpg 022.jpg 023.jpg 024.jpg 025.jpg 026.jpg 027.jpg 028.jpg 029.jpg 016.jpg 015.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg 005.jpg 006.jpg 007.jpg 008.jpg 009.jpg 010.jpg 011.jpg 012.jpg 013.jpg 014.jpg 030.jpg

My 2014 coins post:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/my-best-finds/442501-best-2014-starting-my-coins.html
My Best Site of 2014 post:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/2014-annual-finds/442953-2014-now-artifacts-post-01-a.html

HAVE A HAPPY AND FRUITFUL SEARCH FOR OUR HISTORY THIS NEW YEAR ALL! I HOPE EACH OF US FINDS WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've made some great coin and relic recoveries this year. I can feel your passion when you post which I have lots of respect for. You my friend are truly into it and care about preserving history. I'm excited to see your finds in 2015

dobber97

Mar 10, 2013
ILL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Teknetics T2 LTD,Teknetics Delta 4000, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice!! Did you ever find out anymore on the item in pic1 you have labeled as unk because I have one as well found at a place we have found CW era large cents, Suspender buckle and spencer repeating rifle casing

OP
OP
EasternShoreMetal

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You've made some great coin and relic recoveries this year. I can feel your passion when you post which I have lots of respect for. You my friend are truly into it and care about preserving history. I'm excited to see your finds in 2015

Abe, I have felt the exact same way about your posts.. It's just an amazing thing we get to do. I hate to think of these jewels of history, whatever they may be, just slowly disintegrating without being discovered and enjoyed for what they meant.. Thanks for your continued encouragement. HH 2015!

OP
OP
EasternShoreMetal

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice!! Did you ever find out anymore on the item in pic1 you have labeled as unk because I have one as well found at a place we have found CW era large cents, Suspender buckle and spencer repeating rifle casing

Hey Dobber, no, I have no idea, post yours if you get a chance, or maybe someone will see and know. That's my hopes on all my unkown pcs. there's a lot of experience and knowledge on this forum.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a fantastic year you had, Chris. I took a great deal of pleasure clicking on each and every photo. So many wonderful finds and incredible variety too. I hope 2015 is as good to you or even better.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's how you do a year end post! ...and what a great way to record everything. It must have taken quite a bit of time to put that all together so I hope you don't find as much this year to make it easier. ;)

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow this is a fantastic portrayal of your finds. Museum quality pics, and quality artifacts to boot. :occasion14:
In pic 22 of 30 I believe the stone in that broken ring is "Ulexite".

Last edited:

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking artifacts...nice work on the pics!

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post! You had a good year. Hope you have a good 2015. HH!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice post. You found some really nice coins & relics in the last year. GL&HH.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What a great display of your finds, first rate job of putting it up in a photo format. You should get a mention for the work you have done in showing off the year of finds, first class job!

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow Chris - I've never seen anyone go to all that trouble to document their finds. Not sure how you were able to stitch all those individual pages together to look like one big display, but it's very impressive. Great assortment of finds for sure. Congrats on a fantastic year, and good luck in 2015 ..... Bill

OP
OP
EasternShoreMetal

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What a fantastic year you had, Chris. I took a great deal of pleasure clicking on each and every photo. So many wonderful finds and incredible variety too. I hope 2015 is as good to you or even better.

Thanks Beez- That's one thing I enjoy, the range of dates. It keeps me busy when I get home researching, That's like detecting all over again!

Now that's how you do a year end post! ...and what a great way to record everything. It must have taken quite a bit of time to put that all together so I hope you don't find as much this year to make it easier. ;)

Thanks a lot Iron Patch. It does take a lot of time, but what you all are looking at is my personal FINDS journal.. After a weeks hunt, I photo all the finds and put them in a book. These are the pages. When I book em, then I write all over each one the history and info notes I find about the object. I left that part out. (No one can read my scribbles) I also removed all the records of where I was: to protect the homeowners who were kind enough to let me search. And about less finds this year? L O L ! MMmmuuhahaha!!

Wow this is a fantastic portrayal of your finds. Museum quality pics, and quality artifacts to boot. :occasion14:

Thanks Underminer, believe it or not I take my pics with my phone! It does great closeups in low light. So I use sunlight to to get an overall, then highlight with a couple of small flashlights to bring out the details. And thanks so much for that stone ID. ! I appreciate that. That ring is huge! with stone, it weighs .95 oz. Chunk a silver. Now, I'll go look up Ulexite..

Thanks everybody- glad to show it - it feels good for others to see them.

OP
OP
EasternShoreMetal

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great looking artifacts...nice work on the pics!

Thanks Man. For both things, have a great 2015 hunting.

Great post! You had a good year. Hope you have a good 2015. HH!

Thanks Collector- I really was blessed! It doesn't take a lot to please me, if I can find a wheatie, I figure, "at least I didn't get skunked!" so everything else is a bonus!
Good years hunting for you too! HH

Very nice post. You found some really nice coins & relics in the last year. GL&HH.

Thanks Tom, I'm tickled. Esp. When I see on this forum that some things I have, may be once in a lifetime find for others/and me. I feel that way when some guys show their finds too, and that has encouraged me, that if they could find them, maybe so can I. I hope this does the same. HH

OP
OP
EasternShoreMetal

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What a great display of your finds, first rate job of putting it up in a photo format. You should get a mention for the work you have done in showing off the year of finds, first class job!

Thanks Pepperj. I appreciate your kind words. It does take a bunch of work, but it's worth it, when I get to share, what I have up till now, kept to myself. Thanks again.

OP
OP
EasternShoreMetal

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow Chris - I've never seen anyone go to all that trouble to document their finds. Not sure how you were able to stitch all those individual pages together to look like one big display, but it's very impressive. Great assortment of finds for sure. Congrats on a fantastic year, and good luck in 2015 ..... Bill

Hey Bill, Thanks a lot. You can tell by the posts above how and why I do it his way. I used to do the same thing for Indian artifacts, so that every artifact can be placed archeologically in its place.
The only reason they look good online, is because they are pages, and each is the exact same size! lol so they fit together really well.. lucky.
I haven't gone totally Colonial... yet. Here's hoping for a great 2015. HH

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Now that's what I call a photo journal! Great record of your year.
The only this missing is the location where each item was found ;)

OP
OP
EasternShoreMetal

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Underminer, I looked up Ulexite, it must be in the running, I didn't see any evaluations, is it worth anything ? Seems like they'd put a pretty good stone in all that silver..
I can shine a light through one of the connectors holes in the back of the ring and it is translucent, and seemed to really radiate the light as it described in the gem literature.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread