sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
First off I will show pics of the scripted confederate infantry button that some wanted to see better. Also put together a little collage of items to see . The globlets of silver were recovered from a creek and the lead eating spoon with tooth marks pulled from the ground a little ways from the button. I dont know if the globlets are silver some may say aluminum way to heavy for that and out in no mans land. Cannot make out yet the back mark on the button but shows quite a bit of gilt along with the lines in the I! All items found with permission to hunt this site and these were recovered around a possible campsite . The lead rev war soldier was found in my yard . Dont mean to mislead information on the silver or aluminum piece just worded wrong,.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!vanzutphen

Attachments

• DSCF5898.JPG
    DSCF5898.JPG
    456 KB · Views: 240
  • DSCF5909.JPG
    DSCF5909.JPG
    380.5 KB · Views: 233
  • DSCF5912.JPG
    DSCF5912.JPG
    868.6 KB · Views: 236
  • DSCF5913.JPG
    DSCF5913.JPG
    892.5 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would really love to see the silver goblets if you can get some nice close up pics - to my knowledge these have never been posted
on T-net (since I've been a member 2008).

wheatfinder13

Silver Member
Nov 23, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Teknetics alpha 2000 ,garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice. I love that soldier. The spoon is interesting too

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
pretty nice finds

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, Are you sure the "spoon" wasn't a bite stick used by battlefield surgeons? I like the shoe toe protector, the leaf shaped pendant, and the super button! Sub8-)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Finds !

when were These Found ?

Yesterday ?

Last week ? Last year ? through-out your Detecting Days ?

I need to know Because this does not appear to be a Proper Today's Finds Post,
And I'd like to know where it really Belongs before I move it :thumbsup:

OP
OP
S

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Never thought of the spoon? being a bite stick . I do know when it was pulled from the ground it was down about 8 inches and it was covered in white oxidation and I buffed it out and that is when I noticed the bite marks . I am not sure what it may be my first thought after the cleaning was a spoon.vanzutphen

OP
OP
S

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
IM SEEING DOUBLES SORRY FOR THE REPEAT.Never thought of the spoon? being a bite stick . I do know when it was pulled from the ground it was down about 8 inches and it was covered in white oxidation and I buffed it out and that is when I noticed the bite marks . I am not sure what it may be my first thought after the cleaning was a spoon.vanzutphen

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jeff last year.....vanzutphen

OP
OP
S

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jef since my post has been moved some of the relics were from the 3rd of jan 2015 and the rest from little less than a year ago it seems people where interested but as of now no more replies. I have other post under todays finds and they were not moved and they are also from a year ago. I have severe tbi and it has taken a toll on me just to post pics I also have someone besides myself helping me.So everything I posted is wrong??????????????zutphen

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes Unfortunately If you posted old finds in Today's Finds They are wrong.

Proper spots in the Future are, Todays Finds If you just found them since the last time you were on.

2014 or BEST FINDS If they are last years Totals of your favorite Finds

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Jef since my post has been moved some of the relics were from the 3rd of jan 2015 and the rest from little less than a year ago it seems people where interested but as of now no more replies. I have other post under todays finds and they were not moved and they are also from a year ago. I have severe tbi and it has taken a toll on me just to post pics I also have someone besides myself helping me.So everything I posted is wrong??????????????zutphen

You could probably post the finds you found today or yesterday, maybe two days ago on today's finds, but only those. Today's Finds is made for your new recent finds, not stuff from 5 months ago, it gets kind of confusing when you have old and finds mixed together in a forum called "Today's Finds"

Just my Thoughts, Coinman123

Also, Very cool finds and I'm very curious about the silver globlets, if they are silver then maybe they are from melted coins or silverware. You could probably take them to a local jewlery store, I found a "diamond" (which turned out to be a fake:sadsmiley:) and for free they were able to tell me in 2 minutes. You found a large volume of great bullets to. I hope that 2015 will be just as good if not better!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't go any older than a week or the last time you logged on.... If you don't log on for several weeks "Today's Finds" most likely wouldn't qualify...

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice collection of goodies!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

to put it into perspective the best way I know how,

Your Post started out "First off I will show pics of the scripted confederate infantry button that some wanted to see better. Also put together a little collage of items to see ."

If you have a Todays finds post with that scripted confederate infantry button,
that you posed that Day or week you found it & Members wanted better Pics,
You should have added it to that Thread, so it was directly in the Conversation.
This would have Worked. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions