May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome !

And I don't just means the great Silvers, and golds, it's an awesome amount of time swinging.

I'd like to add that you are very lucky to get to spend that amount of quality time with your father, doing something you both like.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cru the quality of your finds is incredible. I also love the fact that you and Crudad are so meticulous with the IDs and record keeping. That is truly the kind of respect these amazing historical items deserve. Best of luck this year my friend

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another year of really impressive totals Cru and to your Dad. Enjoyed the walk that you've taken us on over this past year, all the best in 2016.

Last edited:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Holy Schneike is all I gotta say! Cheers to you Crusader for all those awesome finds.

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic year love seeing your post even if i do not comment i enjoy them happy huntinn

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cdc.jpg

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cru, I have to admit that I don't always get the opportunity to respond to all of your posts, as there are so many! :laughing7:

But the finds that you and your Dad make are an inspiration to me here in Canada, as you know, most of the finds I make are often British in origin.
I want to thank you for taking the time to post here on Tnet, as I'm sure you have other options as to where you could post your finds! :thumbsup:

I bought the XP Deus a couple of weeks ago and I hope to have a better idea of how it operates by the spring.
Best of luck to you and your Dad in 2016, :hello:
Dave

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing short of AMAZING! Great Historical finds, your Research is key and the return is Stunning. The best part of it all is, the quality time with your Dad. Thanks for taking us along on your journey and looking forward to seeing what 2016 holds for you! Good Luck

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is fantastic, you guys take this hobby to the next level.
It definitely is a way of life...
What you bring to your county and country is top notch..
Im sure your just excited as I about the new upgrade and coil coming out from XP?
Happy new year, here's hoping for the real big discovery this year!!!
George

To be honest, I don't normally follow the latest of anything, until its bedded in, so I'm not looking forward at this point & had no clue of XP's up & coming upgrade/coil. I'm happy using what I have for some years now, the 11" stays on all the type at the moment & is one of the best I've used.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In a way it seems funny you can narrow it down to just a handful of finds you like best, so in that sense we're pretty much all the same. And it really is about the quality of those few ain't it... and having fun along the way of course.
We spoke about this before, but what makes me tick is the rare combination of a very rare coin/object in near perfect condition. Those items, whether valuable or not, get me the most excited & therefore stick in the brain. Actually, some common items in amazing condition, are good as well.

Also, this year, from a collecting perspective we have added many new types of coins (first's) to the albums & that is important to us.

Lastly, & maybe in some ways the most important aspect of what we do is the growing relationship with the British Museum who have been very supportive. We are lucky in this Country that we do have a selection of knowledgeable & forward thinking academics who value the detectorist inputs. This is of benefit to all of us, & I activity encourage UK hunters to build these bridges, which take time & trust between a tricky 3 way partnership - Landowner/Detectorist/Authority. We are the most important middle-men in this relationship, only we can make it happen, no-one else.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome !

And I don't just means the great Silvers, and golds, it's an awesome amount of time swinging.

I'd like to add that you are very lucky to get to spend that amount of quality time with your father, doing something you both like.

I hear ya, but I'm not sure Cru'Mum would agree.:thumbsup:

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Amazing would be a huge understatement as you guys have outdone yourselves yet again. I love that hammered gold, but I may be even more impressed with your detailed documentation. And I thought I was thorough ..... :laughing7:. Good luck in 2016!

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow ! Thank You Cru /Cru Dad ! for another amazing year of history and education with these finds - I so look forward to your posts /finds !!! very enriching for
all of us here !! Cheers to the Cru in 2016 !!!

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a fantastic year!! Watch out 2016!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great year crusader!, I don't even know what to comment on because it's all amazing!

Hope ya have a great 2016

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, we will really need to keep up our game in 2016 to do our usual damage. But its funny to look back at the 2007 totals, when we thought 50 Roman Bronze Coins in a month was a hard target, & we got 23 today in just over 3 hours...lol (will post on Monday)

Its been a lifetime dream for me to dig just one Roman bronze.

This is post is fantastic, and I like the way you total your hours and look at the time spent vs finds made. I have had less dug this year, but more quality and in fact much less time spent digging.

I think that the type of ground also affects hours spent (stubble, rough plough, or smooth).

the Celtic and fantastic roman silver, plus the incredible museum quality bull make this a year to remember. Congratulations to you and CruDad and best wishes for 2016!

:occasion14:

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome year CruTeam :thumbsup: I'm always amazed at the stuff that you guys dig up. Great job with keeping track of all those totals and times. I've often wondered how long I spend in the field, so maybe this year I will keep a little log of the time on each hunt. Looking forward to your next banner in 2016! -Brad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread