Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BigWaveDave's. 2105 Trash and Treasures.

What a great year 2015 was! I set goals for myself, and happy to say, that I exceeded them all!

The highlight of the year was being named the Grand Prize winner in the Deteknix naming competition. I am honored that all three of their new detectors will carry the name "Quest"..I am looking foward to hunting with their Pro model as the new year arrives...

Also, I am proud to have earned two "honorable Mentions"... The first benig the return of a mens heirloom wedding band that was lost in the surf, the other being an engagement ring that was lost over ten years ago! Both of those rings were fun to find, and better to return!

My best find of the year I think would have to be the gold ring that I found on a beach in the Bahamas..my wife is very happy about that one!

So...As far as treasures go, my goal of $100 in clad... How about ..$134.17!!!
My goal of wheat cents? 200.... Actual: 289,
And finally..my silver coin goal of 50...... Drumroll..... 56!!!:headbang:

I have spent the better part of an hour trying to get my pics to load straight... To hell with it.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks for looking!!! And good luck in 2016!:hello:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    627 KB · Views: 166
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    520.5 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on beating your goals for the year. Good luck on your 2016 goals, HH.

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks brother... My old home permissions paid off pretty well.... Thing is, I don't think I ever found more than 4 in one hunt.... Also, I don't think I ever found more than 3 bucks on any given hunt. The clad has been rolled, and dropped off at the bank...waiting to get to my LCS and buy some silver... I'll be getting more than I did last year.

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ha Ha Ha you got 6 Old Dude Nickles:thumbsup:

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a great year BWD. I enjoy your post and Wit. Good luck in the year to come

HH, Relic Nut

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job dave!, isn't it great to set a goal and actually exceed it!, best of luck in 2016

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dave if you take pics with your phone. Always hold "top" to the left, "bottom" to the right. Not up and down. You won't have to deal with rotation. You can crop a pic after if you feel the need.
I think your finds are great and considering Fla,s population was next to nothing before the fifties, you kicking butt with the silver.

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dave if you take pics with your phone. Always hold "top" to the left, "bottom" to the right. Not up and down. You won't have to deal with rotation. You can crop a pic after if you feel the need.
I think your finds are great and considering Fla,s population was next to nothing before the fifties, you kicking butt with the silver.

Thanks for the advice with the pics... My wife had this hair-brained idea to get me an IPad, cuz she was tired of watching me take bad pics with my camera, then complaint that it would take an hour to upload the pics on my old slow computer... She thought this would be easier.:BangHead: I just need more practice with this thing. I have 10 other pics of crap that I found...got frustrated with the whole process...I suck.

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations Dave on exceeding your goals!!
I know its not easy hunting down there for the old stuff.
But you out did yourself.
Happy 2016..

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG Dave on exceeding your goals, those 2 "HONORABLE MENTIONS", and winning the contest. I look forward to your review of the new Quest. Isn't it amazing the crap we keep just because we dug it. Hopefully when the ground is frozen I can put some nice displays together and may even attempt to create some steampunk art. Here's to a great 2015 and an even better 2016. :occasion14:

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use my phone. "Android" it takes better pics then my two waterproof cameras and my gopro. I only use them with my off shore kayak fishing and go through the grief with uploading them when I get home.
The android google photo app. backs up my photos automatically. If I want to post one from any device there easy to access and share.
There's an app for your iPad now to.
Your better off with the iPad. I have 3 pc's in this house. I try not to use any so when one crashes or gets a virus the wife and kids can't look at me.
Good luck with it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread