2015, a year of some great firsts! (pic heavy)

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well here it is, another detecting season come and gone, 2015 was a pretty good year for me, met some new people, hunted some amazing spots, and made some killer finds off my bucket list. Permission didn't come as easy as 2014 but all things considered, I feel like it was a great season. Did a lot of hunting with OldDude, Nepa-Will, and Vino, also hunted with a few new people such as Carolina Tom, and Smittyman. with out further ado here is the wrap up:

the relics didnt come in great quantities like last year but i did half decent with them:
3 buckles.jpg 2 reeds thimbles.jpg 1 relics.jpg 4flat buttons.jpg

my favorite button of the year, civil war infantry button:
5 infantry.jpg

some more misc. relics:
6 spoons.jpg

some pretty cool Fobs:
7 fobs.jpg

minimal amount of toy cars this year:
8 cars.jpg

some fake jewelery, earing in bottom left corner is 14k:
9 bling.jpg

only 1 skeleton key this year, last year i got way more:
10 keys.jpg

some lead, fired and dropped:
11 lead.jpg

misc. pendants:
12 pendants.jpg

Tokens:
13tokens.jpg

343 wheats:
14 wheats.jpg

19 indians including semi key 1866 and two fatties:
15 injuns.jpg

16 old nickels (2 shield, 2 V, 12 buffs some with dates)
16 old nickels.jpg

10 coppers including 1810 half cent, 1865 2 cent, 1721 or 22 French 9 deniers:
17 coppers front.jpg 18 coppers back.jpg

60 silver coins including my 1st ever halfs 1904s barber and 1945 S Walker
and 1728 spanish 1 reale pistareen: 19 60 silver coins.jpg 21 halfs.jpg 23 reale.jpg

8 total non coin silver items:
20 misc silver.jpg

68 total silver (60 coins, 8 non coin silver items)
22 68 silver.jpg

Thats it, what a year i had fun, even though the permission did not come as easy as it did in 2014, im glad i got to hunt along side some fellow tnetters and see some amazing finds being made by them as well, I didnt get much time in after october due to the crazy holidays, deer season, working overtime, and now building an addition on my house, i hope to get back out there as soon as possible and continue checking items off the bucket list, thanks for looking and HH!!!

Thank you to everyone i had the pleasure of hunting alongside in 2015, best wishes and continued luck in 2016!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok my 1st attempt at posting failed, fixed the picture issue lol

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP WS4 Wireless Headphones,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a pleasure getting out and hunting with you this season. Thanks to you. I found my first Reale and my first flat button. You have tried to help get me on my first LC, but unfortunately that did not happen. Maybe this season it will. I know how busy you were, and I would say you had a very successful season with a ton of great finds. Good luck getting your projects done in a timely fashion and getting back to swinging your coil. Looking forward to what the NEPA soil has to offer you and the rest of us NEPA diggers on here in 2016.

Last edited:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's hard to imagine just what you might have found if you were given to not having your priorities straight. ;)

An excellent year!

Now, just keep your priorities straight! Otherwise, there might not be anything left for Dave to find!! ;)

Happy New Year!

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What a boatload of stuff. Congrats. I love those dandies and of course the Spanish reale was a super find. :occasion14:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was great being able to witness you make some of those finds, but all the laughter we shared was way better. We have to do it again in 2016...I am going through convenience store hot dog withdrawals:tongue3:.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you had a great season! There is a TON of good stuff in this post, it's hard to pick a fav. That being said, I really love that 1728 Spanish, I remember drooling when you first posted it haha. Good luck in 2016

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a pleasure getting out and hunting with you this season. Thanks to you. I found my first Reale and my first flat button. You have tried to help get me on my first LC, but unfortunately that did not happen. Maybe this season it will. I know how busy you were, and I would say you had a very successful season with a ton of great finds. Good luck getting your projects done in a timely fashion and getting back to swinging your coil. Looking forward to what the NEPA soil has to offer you and the rest of us NEPA diggers on here in 2016.
thanks will, you know I can't wait to hit some of those researched spots, granted we get permission

It's hard to imagine just what you might have found if you were given to not having your priorities straight. ;)

An excellent year!

Now, just keep your priorities straight! Otherwise, there might not be anything left for Dave to find!! ;)

Happy New Year!
thanks gary, dave turned the heat up late in the season, I got a feeling this year will be a good one

What a boatload of stuff. Congrats. I love those dandies and of course the Spanish reale was a super find. :occasion14:
thanks!, I won't forget that reale for a long time!

It was great being able to witness you make some of those finds, but all the laughter we shared was way better. We have to do it again in 2016...I am going through convenience store hot dog withdrawals:tongue3:.
I agree dave, the laughter was pretty awesome, too bad we didn't get on more spota, however I now consider us connoisseurs of NEPA's finest convenience store hot dogs lol!!

cjon,

Good haul for your efforts.

Regards + HH

Bill
Thanks bill, I guess it was time we'll spent!

Man you had a great season! There is a TON of good stuff in this post, it's hard to pick a fav. That being said, I really love that 1728 Spanish, I remember drooling when you first posted it haha. Good luck in 2016
thanks alot bud, I was a train wreck after finding that sucker!, haphazardly swinging like freakin zorro lol, you had an awesome year and I can't wait to see yours and Georges England finds!

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all those finds I'm surprised the Government didn't make you get a surface mining permit. Awesome job.

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks will, you know I can't wait to hit some of those researched spots, granted we get permission

thanks gary, dave turned the heat up late in the season, I got a feeling this year will be a good one

thanks!, I won't forget that reale for a long time!

I agree dave, the laughter was pretty awesome, too bad we didn't get on more spota, however I now consider us connoisseurs of NEPA's finest convenience store hot dogs lol!!

Thanks bill, I guess it was time we'll spent!

thanks alot bud, I was a train wreck after finding that sucker!, haphazardly swinging like freakin zorro lol, you had an awesome year and I can't wait to see yours and Georges England finds!

Great year for you Chris,
You definitely found some high quality finds!!
And i recall after you found that reale it was over. You could not swing anymore. You just kept pull it out and looking at it..lol
Good luck for 16..

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Most Excellent Year of Digging,,,
Congrats on the recoveries and the many adventures you shared with some fellow T- Netters
Wishing you continued success in 2016

SirWalterRaleigh

Jul 29, 2015
Raleigh, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett pinpointer
Lesche 85 and Sampson t-handle 31"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you had a great season. What's more important is the good times you had and shared with other members. I hope to one day be able to meet many of you and share in some good times and to pick your brains and learn stuff :thumbsup:

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Most Excellent Year of Digging,,,
Congrats on the recoveries and the many adventures you shared with some fellow T- Netters
Wishing you continued success in 2016
thank you, some of my best hunts and best times were with fellow t-netters!

Great year for you Chris,
You definitely found some high quality finds!!
And i recall after you found that reale it was over. You could not swing anymore. You just kept pull it out and looking at it..lol
Good luck for 16..
thanks alot george, and yes you are right, I was a mess, I had visions of reale spills dancing thru my head lol!!

With all those finds I'm surprised the Government didn't make you get a surface mining permit. Awesome job.
lol thanks jim, it was a fun year, hope for more success in 16'!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you had a great season. What's more important is the good times you had and shared with other members. I hope to one day be able to meet many of you and share in some good times and to pick your brains and learn stuff :thumbsup:

Thanks buddy!, alot can be learned from the members here, you should try to get out and meet some members, I've had a blast the past few years hunting along some of tnet's best

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow awesome finds.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Chris! When all of your finds are put in one place it's quite astounding! The sheer amount of finds is quite impressive and the quality is top-notch. I wish we could have connected for a hunt this year but I'm sure we will this upcoming year.

I must say my favorite are the gilted eagle button, the pistereen, and the best being that button struck by a round ball. Just the story it wants to tell but can't makes me want to stare at it for hours .

Congrats on an impressive 2015
Steve

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh that looks a whole lot more exiting instead of "Attachment". Wow a little here and there and BAM it's all there in a yearly total collection. Really impressive when it's done up and in selections, well done! Hope you 2016 are as well or even better. HH

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow awesome finds.
thank you!

Chris! When all of your finds are put in one place it's quite astounding! The sheer amount of finds is quite impressive and the quality is top-notch. I wish we could have connected for a hunt this year but I'm sure we will this upcoming year.

I must say my favorite are the gilted eagle button, the pistereen, and the best being that button struck by a round ball. Just the story it wants to tell but can't makes me want to stare at it for hours .

Congrats on an impressive 2015
Steve
Thanks alot steve!, my silver count pales in comparison to yours but I'm happy with it, and yes we will DEFINITELY get together for a hunt this year!, I forgot about that shot up button, I found that the same day I found a large cent about 10 feet away, man the story that thing could tell right!

Thanks again, good luck in 2016!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh that looks a whole lot more exiting instead of "Attachment". Wow a little here and there and BAM it's all there in a yearly total collection. Really impressive when it's done up and in selections, well done! Hope you 2016 are as well or even better. HH

Thanks pepperj!, I don't know what happened with the first attempt at posting lol, good luck to ya this season

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread