Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well as you can see in the first picture, the white stuff has fallen and temps are in the minus...Still a chance to get out but more or less we are shut down for the remainder of 2016.
Didn't get out as much as last year but seemed to match it with silver and gold...minus the Rev War buttons...
Managed over 4 lbs of musket balls which now gives me close to 60 lbs in total... Won't bore you with words when the pictures are self explanatory... Thanks for looking and can't wait until the 2017 season starts and what it will bring...

snow.jpg group 2016.jpg group 2016 2.jpg group April 2016.jpg gold brooch.jpg gold ring.jpg
fob.jpg pendant.jpg 217.jpeg hose.jpg 50 cent 1920.jpg 50.jpeg
Silver coins.jpg group silver coins.jpg silver spoon.jpg Silver Spoon 2.jpg spoon handle.jpg military.jpeg Canonball 3.jpg heart.jpg horse rosette.jpg indian.jpeg

Attachments

• 1874.jpg
    1874.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 520

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer stuff brother. You already know what my favorite is.....that brooch is killer!

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You can fill a small treasure chest and drink :occasion14: to celebrate

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great year! Congrats on all those great finds!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's how to do it, a pile to add, and one great thing you have never found before. It's near time for me to close out 2016 and lose my American dollar! :(

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Killer year Patriot :icon_thumright:. The Brooch and those cameos are awesome. Hard to believe its Dec already. Hoping the ground won't be frozen too long down here.

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Jun 1, 2015
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had a fantastic year-thanks for sharing. I think my favorite is the pin/brooch with the red cameo. :icon_thumleft:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on a great year of detecting! :occasion14:

BTV Digger

Jul 24, 2014
Northern VT
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro; Fisher F2; Tesoro Silver UMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on a nice year! The snows-a-flying here in northern Vermont as well, so the season's likely shutting down for a few months. 4 pounds of musket balls - way to go! Love those. That cameo brooch is the most killer find though. HH!

John

metalev4

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2006
A really nice year of early recoveries. That pin is my favorite, a killer find.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's how to do it, a pile to add, and one great thing you have never found before. It's near time for me to close out 2016 and lose my American dollar! :(

There's always next year my friend. We will be even so that will make 2017 the real showdown. You might as well forget about 2018 as you know that 8 is my lucky number so that year will be a monster for me lol

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great year. I had an UNBELIEVABLE year. Will post groups of pics closer to the end of the year.

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome vintage finds for the year. Down here in Arizona we'll keep plugging away trying to make up for a not-too-productive 2016 season(only 3 silver coins and 1 silver ring found).. :laughing7:

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:occasion14: cheers... here's to another great season Patriot. Man you dig some sweet finds. This must be the year of the Crotal bell, dug 4 this year myself. I dream of finding a broach as great as yours.

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
There's always next year my friend. We will be even so that will make 2017 the real showdown. You might as well forget about 2018 as you know that 8 is my lucky number so that year will be a monster for me lol

In numerology your "8" year took place in 2015, did you find anything good that year...
2017 is a new chance for us all

Last edited:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good lord, what great finds. The heart trade brooch is a Find of the Year--not to mention the cannonballs, great buttons, coins. Just amazing. I also really like the WM initialed silverware handle. Obviously colonial and very nice. Complete piece or a fragment?

Thanks for sharing all these finds, and it's a shame that the season has closed up for you--but it's hard to argue with success!

Best Wishes,

Buck

OP
OP
The Patriot

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good lord, what great finds. The heart trade brooch is a Find of the Year--not to mention the cannonballs, great buttons, coins. Just amazing. I also really like the WM initialed silverware handle. Obviously colonial and very nice. Complete piece or a fragment?

Thanks for sharing all these finds, and it's a shame that the season has closed up for you--but it's hard to argue with success!

Best Wishes,

Buck

Complete...found a few over the years but the only complete one with initials engraved...I wish the other one was complete with the initials as well...it would've been a real honker...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions